Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

Friends: (1)

neat, unexpected but neat.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #27
iflyrc1012
Insane Wiggy pilot

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (19)

Vortex,
I just need you to teach me EVERYTHING i need to know a.s.a.p!!! LOL!!!
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #28
Frayedknot420

Friends: (0)
Default No power to tail motor through board

Do you have any ideas of what could be the problem if I can't get power to my tail through the board? I'm stumped and don't have the loot for a new 4 in 1 or brushless conversion. Help is appreciated
Old 12-25-2017, 11:19 PM   #29
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

Friends: (1)

As far as I know there are 2 ways to get your tail working if you look at the first picture in this thread there are 3 rectangular IC chips the 2 in a row are for the main motor the single 1 on it's own is for the tail if I remember correctly.

You should be able to get it working again just by replacing the original IC's if it's the tail it will be the one on its own.

Now as for the other way I've done some conversions in the past and the signal for the tail actually runs through one of the two 6 pin connectors on the back you can think of them as standard 2x3 pin jst connectors the signals are the same order as you normal plug in the wire that is it should be: ground +5v signal.

So another way you can bypass the built in motor driver is you can wire an external ESC to the reciever's pins and have the signal sent that way to drive the tail. In this case however I would think the 4 in 1 repair is ultimately cheaper it's just difficult to locate the original chip.

In terms of what I eventually did to my Blade CP before I sold it I wired a spektrum AR6100e to it sent two inputs into those same 6 pins to drive the motors and get the gyro signal.

The blade CP platform was quite capable you can treat the ESC unit on the blade CP as just an ESC and feed the signal from an 2.4Ghz reciever it actually helps the glitching a lot if you don't have money for a spektrum I would recommend looking at the OrangeRX series that tend to be dirt cheap clones.

the Blade CP 4 in 1 ultimately is a bit overpriced if you want to replace it for the same price you can get a knock off OrangeRX reciever $15 a better gyro $15 Hobby king and then you just need a bit of money left over for some ESC's to drive the motors. (unsure but they range from $12 to $30).

It really comes down to are you ready to upgrade your Radio since the thing you hold in your hand will be the thing that sets you back the most.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters

Tags
3in1 , 4in1 , alright , blown