3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

DW Foamies Xtra Combat Maiden

Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
meesier42

Default DW Foamies Xtra Combat Maiden

Wow, I know that I am not that good, this thing ROCKS. Granted a lot of the credit goes to all those here that helped me get it setup correctly. But wow, what a day.

After looking at the Xtra on my shelf for over a week, just waiting to be flown, I finally got out to fly today. It was easy, just 1/3 throttle launch and hand launch it out, 1 click of left airleron trim and a minor adjustment of the battery to move the CG a little more forward and it was great. I simply couldn't believe how slow and predictable this plane was. Of course, after about 10 minutes I started a couple of easy manuevers, rolls, snap turns, and some other stuff that I don't have a clue what its called, but it was fun.

And the best part, a full maiden flight, and the only damage to show was a minor dent in the right wing.

Why wasn't my first plane this easy to fly??? Thanks again, and thanks to DWF, I doubt this will be my last purchase from you

Last edited by meesier42; 01-04-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 AM
meesier42

I have a question for those fhying flatouts.

How do you make servo control rods?

For this first build, I used replacements extensions for a supercub, that already had the Z bends and threaded clevis pin, I reinforced them with some thin carbon tubing to prevent flex in the rod. but I don't know how I can use the piano wire that came with the kit? can someone help with some instructions and preferably some pictures of your builds