Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

ready for corsair?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
i saw whichever you like the looks of better,buy it and enjoy
I agree -- they will both probably fly very much the same.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

my 2 cents....I
I've seen more crashed corsair's than t-28's from general flying....(I've seen alot of t-28's, but that was from ppl getting bold) but either one will prob be good.... I think the t-28 is prob a better option....

Stay away from the older parkzone stuff... p51, spit, FW, they are designed without "being fixable" in mind... the other ones are made with the same stuff the supercub is, and will be great....

You'll know when you are ready for a new plane once you master the one you have...

If you can fly it similar to this video... then your def ready....LOL
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58436026&hl=en

SK
Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

If I did that manuver I would definitely need a new plane, hi hi, tho read flying inverted does improve the stick control tremendously, forces you to really fly so is something positive there...far as altitude, nothing is high enough for my poor inputs, but my favored flyers are still alive...

Right now to head out with either the impressive Radian magnificent flyer, or the Thunderbat jet, love both of these...were off...BEST ..<>..
Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

ministeve that was some very kool flying!! good skills and thanks for sharing the video
Old 12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Nah -- inverted flying is just scary... Once you try it (at altitude), it's really pretty easy.

You just have to hold a little forward stick, to keep the nose up (down?)...

Actually, I've been known to fly my Stryker in the rain -- inverted, to protect the electronics from the moisture. I'll launch in a normal orientation, fly inverted for about 10 minutes, and then land in a normal orientation. There's really nothing to it.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

mental game inverted hehehe just dont foget and pull up..ask me how i know lolol..must stay focused grasshopper
Old 12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

funny that you mentioned the stryker.... last week I was flying that inverted inches off the ground... just above stall speed... in circuits....LOL I'll try to get some video of it next weekend... it was definately too funny....

oh... in case you decide to do a gws kit... the formosa is a cool flyer... here's some inverted circuit stuff with mine....

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/2096718[/media]

SK
Old 12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Leo L

BobOFlyer,

The information that your dad had was correct: the Trojan says "NAVY" on one wing, while the Corsair is the blue one. The Trojan and Corsair fly almost identically, with almost the same weight, same power train and similar wing size. The big difference in is take-offs and landings, where the Trojan is far better.

You'll definitely need to come in faster on your landings than with your SC, but the Trojan should be no problem, even at your altitude. You might want to give Horizon Hobby a call and speak to their techs. They are very knowledgeable and very helpful and they may have test data of the planes in high altitude situations.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

For what it's worth, Cox/Estes is located in Penrose, Colorado. They do all their flight testing at "altitude".

You could give them a call, and ask for Mike Fritz -- and tell him Guy sent you.