Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Kyosho / Parkzone 4ch Cherokee

Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
clockworks

Default Kyosho / Parkzone 4ch Cherokee

Any know when the Cherokee is due in? A couple of shops have been advertising it here in the UK, but no delivery date available yet.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
termite
Super Contributor

Kyosho USA is taking pre-orders now so would have thought you guys would already be getting them? They're talking end of July so anytime now!!!!!

I think I'll dive in and order one.
Randy
Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 PM
clockworks

End of July being mentioned here, too. Price seems to be 50% higher than the Cessna.
The shops that are advertising aren't actually taking orders. I guess they are only expecting limited quantities, and can see demand outstripping supply for a while.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
termite
Super Contributor

Yep,
Probably better off waiting till after it's out for awhile and see if the price doesn't drop a bit first!!

Randy
Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 AM
underoneoz

haven't seen one yet at my lhs.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:00 PM
fotowiz

Picked one up yesterday at my LHS. $164.95 Been too windy to try it, but I can't wait!!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 PM
cjg

Did you get a chance to fly it? Does it fly inverted? Aileron rolls?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 PM
fotowiz

Tried to fly it yesterday despite the wind, but it was still too much for this plane. Struggled to fly upright and actually land on it's wheels, but it seems very responsive even if a bit underpowered like it's parkzone cousins. Bummer is it will not bind to my DX6i like the parkzone [email protected] planes. Seems to be on it's own spectrum frequency? Hope to have better weather Tuesday, but we will wait and see.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
wecky

Hope you have better luck than me.Rudder is on left stick which is also tension loaded to come back to center.Which makes the rudder fairly useless.That would be ok except that the airleron servo is weak or unstable(the airleron is on the right stick)so its difficult or sometimes impossible to recover from airleron turns.Which leads to nose in crash,which leads to broken(cheesy) motor mount.You chaps in the U.K.(thank you for being our allies)may have the improved airleron servo part #82599(old#82596)I would stay away from the Kyosho Cherokee,wait for Sukhoi.Just my opinion,but thats what happened with mine.Trying to get a refund from Lukes Hobbies,but I think I'm going to get the Runaround.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 AM
clockworks

Originally Posted by wecky View Post
Hope you have better luck than me.Rudder is on left stick which is also tension loaded to come back to center.Which makes the rudder fairly useless.That would be ok except that the airleron servo is weak or unstable(the airleron is on the right stick)so its difficult or sometimes impossible to recover from airleron turns.Which leads to nose in crash,which leads to broken(cheesy) motor mount.You chaps in the U.K.(thank you for being our allies)may have the improved airleron servo part #82599(old#82596)I would stay away from the Kyosho Cherokee,wait for Sukhoi.Just my opinion,but thats what happened with mine.Trying to get a refund from Lukes Hobbies,but I think I'm going to get the Runaround.
What Tx mode do you normally fly? Rudder on left, aileron on right is standard mode 2 - don't most people fly this way?

Try the 3ch Kyosho Edge. My Edge flies fine without a rudder, and has enough thrust to just about go vertical.
I had been waiting for the Cherokee to come out, but the Edge looked to be more fun, so I went for it.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 AM
wecky

no edge here in the U.S. yet.Most planes here are mode 4(I think)Rudder and Elevator on the right and Throttle and airlerons on the left.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

no edge here in the U.S. yet.Most planes here are mode 4(I think)Rudder and Elevator on the right and Throttle and airlerons on the left.
In the United States, Mode 2 is the norm (Throttle/Rudder on left, Elevator/Ailerons on right).

Also, the only gimbals direction most radios do NOT have spring loaded is the throttle; spring loaded rudder is normal, to return it to center if you let go of the sticks.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM
wecky

Well ok,naturally my first planes were 3 channel,all hitek,and multiplex and T-hawk stuff.All were rudder,elevator right stick,throttle slider button on rear.So when I got my first 4 channel radio and plane,Mini Ultra stck,Hitek Laser 4 when I plug the leeds into the reciever its 1 Throttle,2 rudder,3 elevator and 4 Airlerons.Have I taught myself to fly in an unknown mode?Or is that channel 4 mode,and is it Hitek North American Standard?Respectfully submitted.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

On 3-channel models, the rudder is commonly put on the right stick. When the rudder is your primary turning control input, that is put on right stick. Then when you get ailerons, the rudder moves to the left stick.

Primary turning control is (in the United States, at least) placed on the right stick; secondary turning control is placed on the left.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
wecky

Well,I"m self taught and it looks like I taught myself wrong.I fly well like that.If thats the way you were taught why would you change?Anyway the Kyosho Cherokee does have Airleron servo problems no matter which side its on,and the motor mount breaks easily.Thanks for your help.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Well,I"m self taught and it looks like I taught myself wrong.I fly well like that.If thats the way you were taught why would you change?Anyway the Kyosho Cherokee does have Airleron servo problems no matter which side its on,and the motor mount breaks easily.Thanks for your help.
Just remember, if someone hands you the transmitter for their airplane, don't take and don't give yours to anyone else, unless the video camera is turned on, because a crash is gonna happen soon.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM
wecky

na I'll change it and retrain,both functions are similar
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 AM
wecky

I only have three 4 Channel Planes,Gemini,Twinstar2 and Mini Ultra Stik.I will learn the correct way.But it does seem strange to change the rudder when moving up from 3ch.to 4ch.I don't know how I missed that.I can be a bit of a Knucklehead sometimes....Hey that must be it!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:04 AM
clockworks

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
On 3-channel models, the rudder is commonly put on the right stick. When the rudder is your primary turning control input, that is put on right stick. Then when you get ailerons, the rudder moves to the left stick.

Primary turning control is (in the United States, at least) placed on the right stick; secondary turning control is placed on the left.
Same here in the UK these days, so most people fly mode 2, although I believe that mode 1 used to be popular.

When wecky mentioned the left stick being spring loaded, he was probably talking about the throttle axis, rather than the rudder. I, too, found this disconcerting at first, and I think it would make controlling throttle and rudder on a 4ch setup very tricky.
The reason why Kyosho have done this is to allow the Tx to switch electronically between mode 1 and mode 2, without opening the case to swap a ratchet/detent assembly. Quite why they bothered is anyone's guess, as very few people use mode 1.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:27 AM
wecky

Can someone else review the North American release of the Minimum Cherokee.....I am curious.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:54 AM
rcers
Super Contributor

Can someone else review the North American release of the Minimum Cherokee.....I am curious.
I am reviewing it for eZone mag.... Should be on soon, but overall a great flyer but the spring loaded throttle on the TX STINKS BIG TIME....

Mike
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM
fotowiz

Finally had a calm evening Saturday to try this plane out. Way underpowered, and did not even want to climb when full throttle into the wind. Tried a larger capacity battery, same results. Eventually ending up hitting the ground with it, slow hit on tall grass. Ailerons quit working, elevator servo just squeals. In short, WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP! This was my third attempt to fly this plane, and I have spent hours cutting it open and re-glueing the motor mount and reciever, and readjusting everything before this last attempt. Maybe it is just my experience, but this one is being returned to the lhs tomorrow for a full refund. BTW, I have 6 different ParkZone Micros, 2 Cessna, 2 Citabria, and 2 Vapor, all of which are great planes. This Kyosho abortion with the crap radio they include, is a disaster. Could not bind with DX6i, or even the original ParkZone radio. I guess I will wait for the soon to be released ParkZone 4 channel plane. In fact, I think I will go ahead and backorder one right now.

My advice - don't waste your money on this plane if you actually plan to fly it..............
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Mine fly great! Plenty of power..... You should try indoors first with no wind - suspect that may be an issue for you.

The TX throttle spring does stink however.

That said There are better choices. Can't wait for the Parkzone Sukhoi - should be fully aerobatic and bids to Spektrum TX so ultra cool.

Mike
Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 PM
termite
Super Contributor

I'd like to get one so can anyone tell me who has the best deal on one at this time??

Need Links please?

Any help appreciated
Thannks
Randy
Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 PM
fotowiz

I attempted to return mine to the lhs, which told me they can not return an item to Kyosho once the seal is broken - probably true. Called Kyosho, explained long series of problems and repairs - was told the man who handles that was out of the office until sometime next week? Really? Only one person in a company this size can make a decision of under $200.00? Anyhow, they did send me a return shipping label so that they can inspect the plane and decide what to do. They are talking replacement plane, and I am asking for a refund.

Just make sure this is what you want before you plunk down your money - because it appears you are a permanent owner regardless of your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Kyosho / Parkzone 4ch Cherokee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12397 seconds with 12 queries