Aircraft Reviews Member based Reviews on ARF's and Kits Open for Business!

Yardbird RC YB-22 Electric Park Jet

Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

WOW!! An F-18?? I gotta get one, lol. I just maidened the Mig-29 the other day and I instantly fell in love. I know I've already said this, but I really love the quality of your kits Rick. Thanks so much friend.

When should we look for the F-18?

Mike
Old 08-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Yardbird RC

"Two Weeks" infamous last words.

Rick
YBRC
Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Yardbird RC View Post
"Two Weeks" infamous last words.

Rick
YBRC
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you guys have her on the web site yet?...never mind, I'll check it out.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Here's my maiden of the Yardbird Mig-29:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74uEpq50Ho4[/media]
Old 08-04-2008, 03:49 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Default Excellent Video!

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Here's my maiden of the Yardbird Mig-29
ROCK ON!! You really nailed the maiden, Mike. She really looks good in the air, too.

maxih,

Have you had a chance to get yours up for the maiden flight? We'd love to hear about it!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by max2112 View Post
ROCK ON!! You really nailed the maiden, Mike. She really looks good in the air, too.

maxih,

Have you had a chance to get yours up for the maiden flight? We'd love to hear about it!
Thanks John, but I followed in the footsteps of a good friend and great flyer.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Zoo
The Black Baron

Do they have an RTF model available? If not...what's a radio for something like that go for please? Ballpark it.....
Thanks!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Old 08-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
Do they have an RTF model available? If not...what's a radio for something like that go for please? Ballpark it.....
Thanks!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Sorry friend, no RTF model available. You would have to get your own radio. I have a Hitec Optic 6. It's a 6ch radio with an 8-model memory...allowing you to fly up to eight different models. Here's a link to it:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGZW3**&P=FR

Or if you want, you can go with the 2.4GHZ like the DX6 or DX7. I also have the DX7. I like that radio for a plane like the Yardbird because their is no long antenna hanging out the back waiting to get cut by the prop. Here's a link to both the DX6 and DX7:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6600

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM2710

These radios may have a bit of a price tag on them but they're worth it! You can always go with another 4-5ch radio that you can grow with, but YOU WILL eventually move to something like these...might as well get it now. Trust me. Why pay for a lesser radio when you will upgrade anyway. I hope this helps friend. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Zoo
The Black Baron

Excellent! Thank you!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

No problem zoo. I hope you get this kit friend, you'll enjoy the heck out of it...I promise!

Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Maxih

OK, here goes..

Got her finished an wandered down for the usual Sunday morning meet. Was a tad windy so i had the local guru put it up for a test. He was happy but said the wind was too rough for a proper trim-out & suggested i not fly.

Showed an amazing amount of self control and left the YB in the car for the morning. Wind died off later in the day so off i went back to the oval.(MMMM) With fingers a twitching, up she went. Nice slow circuit. Ay, this ain't too hard (Yeah right).. THEN, roll n pitch - Nose in & BANG.. Complete pilot error on my part...

Destroyed from nose to rear of cockpit.. (Pause for single, small tear)

OK, so i gather myself together and prepare for rebuild.. TIMEWARP####

Sunday morning again.. YB is repaired & i am strangely calm.. Guru is not on scene & wind is light..

Stuff It, gotta try!!!!! Mate is poised with video camera, Maxih is poised with plane.. Throttle up, nose up, RELEASE....

Couple of slow circuits & time to be a little braver... I am having a ball. Only the slightest of trim adjustment needed & i'm doing a lil bit of inverted, a few loops and generally loving my first real flight of this magnificent model..

Time passes & time to come back to earth.. 2 slow passes to make sure i'm on the mark and TUSH, she's down safe.. Much applause from the crowd..

Hands are shaking, knees are weak (i'm serious) as i turn to my mate and ask "Did you get it"??? Only the first 2 mins.. In my enthusiasm to get to the oval that morning, i had failed to check available memory on the camera...

#@*^#%@* Idiot...

Anyway, i had an absolute ball. Stooged around the skies, trying a few little stunts probably only hit full power once, lest i have another airframe destroying "Brain fart". But i had the time of my life and am now itching to get back up again..

SO (For those of you still awake), camera memory now downloaded to puter, battery charged and hopefully once sunday passes again, i will have a video clip worthy of uploading..

To Yardbird RC, Thank You.. I am but a simple lil man & your plane has me in noob heaven..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Zoo
The Black Baron

Default radio

I like the second radio link...10 model memory & I ONLY fly electrics so it look good!
Thanks again!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
No problem zoo. I hope you get this kit friend, you'll enjoy the heck out of it...I promise!

Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

That's what we're here for friend.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Thumbs up Cool Beans!

Thanks for the update, Maxih! What a great story.

I know exactly how you you felt to see this little plane buzzing all over the horizon. Out of all my planes that go in and out of the lineup, this is the only one that goes to the field with me EVERY time!

I've even had mine up in the air with winds in excess of 20mph. It just cuts throught the wind like butter!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Maxih

Yeah. The wind was fairly light while i was up but the way the 22 flies i think i'd be confident to put it up in stronger gusts. Considering my noob experience level with elevon type aircraft, once payin attention, it gave me no handling glitches/ scares..

This is a great lil plane & only the first of many i feel.. (Have to check the wife isn't nearby.lol.)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Glad to hear it Maxih!! Now I just have to get mine ordered.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Zoo
The Black Baron

How fast is she? Faster than my Stryker C?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

She's not as fast as the Stryker friend, but she ain't afraid to move with a purpose either.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 AM
DaveESPI

I posted a Yardbird SU27 reply and build on RCU and RCGroups forum.

I have just hit 10 flights on my YARDBIRD..... Love it !

Have beat it up, and it keeps on ticking !
Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

I didn't know they had an SU27! Sweet. Are they still available?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Yardbird RC

Default New Bird F18

OK, Here she is. This is the beta model .About 99% the same as will be in the box. I still tinkering with the decals a little. The colors are three tone. White, gun metal gray and black (dark gray).

The proto fly's great. I can't wait to get this baby into the air.

Hmmmm, motrolfly or Dualsky?

Rick
YBRC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	76041   Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 2.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	76042   Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 3.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	76043  
Old 08-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

She's lookin good Rick! Does she have the same hovering capabilities as the F-22? I know the Mig would stall quick, with little power, unlike the F-22. Probably because of the slicker airframe. BTW, I just ordered the F-22 yesterday! I can't wait to get her!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Well, no word back from Rick. He's probably out playing with his new F-18. I just started working on my F-22 last night. I ran out of foam safe CA on another build, so I'm using some GWS glue I had laying around. It takes a while to dry, but it holds well. I'm only using this glue for the main body sections. Everything else will be glued with 15 minute epoxy or hot glue.

I'll be painting her, but only for orientation purposes. I wish I could have gotten the wooden motor mount they're putting in their kits though. I ordered mine after max2112 and he got one, along with the wood control horns...I'm so jealous. I'll have her ready for the weekend with max2112! Thanks again John, for the great review and place to post about these awesome planes!! To you too Rick, for making such great and fun planes for an unreal price....what an awesome deal! Thanks guys.

Mike
Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Yardbird RC

Hey Guys,

Sorry I've "been in the basement" for a few days. Just finishing up the manual for the F-18. She is a real sweaty in the air. I would say between the YB-22 and Mig-29. I have been testing a new proto motor as well. should be a sweet little combo when finished. The F-18 should start shipping Monday or Tuesday. They'll go out in the order they're received.
Thanks

Rick
YBRC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 5.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	76568  
Old 08-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

She looks sweet Rick!! Well, I never use hot glue on these kits again, nor the GWS glue. The hot glue isn't so bad in small applications, but the more you have to apply, the less time to get things right. I have her all put together except for the tailerons. I'm out of foam safe CA. She has a slight upward wing warp. Not really much I can do about it though. I'm going to start putting in the electronics...the motor is already on.

Does the F-18 come in that color or did you paint her?

Quick Reply: Yardbird RC YB-22 Electric Park Jet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12251 seconds with 15 queries