Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

F-16 by kyosho

Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Desolas

which AR6100? The "E" version with the connections on the end or the standard with the connections on top?
Use the AR6100E, it makes it much easier. I had a AR6100 in mine and it worked, but it made routing the wires a bit of a pain. The AR6100E solved that and everything fits nice and tidy.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
evlwevl

Default Just bought the Kyosho F16

I just bought the Kyosho F16 for 159.00 at a local hobby shop. I almost bought the Phase 3 instead but dont know too much about their products. I do have other Kyosho products like their Seawind Sailboat and they do seem to constructed well. The only issue I have is with parts replacement. I waited over a year for a replacement mast but thats another story. I chose this plane over the phase 3 mostly because of the scale looks. I didnt think about the elevon vs. AER setup. Im hoping I didnt make a mistake there. I'll be using my old Airtronics Super6 radio for this. This is my first jet which will be added to my 9 other electric aerobat, sailplane, and warbirds in my hanger. Im going to just plan on getting my feet wet with this one and then go from there. If I like the flight characteristics of jet flight, I might try something different next time.

I also did have trouble with that spinner screw, it totally screwed up the threads on the collet. I hope that wont be an issue. It appeared it had a large burr on the end of the threads. I plan on using a TP 1320 prolite. Are there any tips you jet jocks have for my maiden?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by evlwevl View Post
I also did have trouble with that spinner screw, it totally screwed up the threads on the collet. I hope that wont be an issue. It appeared it had a large burr on the end of the threads. I plan on using a TP 1320 prolite.

Are there any tips you jet jocks have for my maiden?
Yeah the screw is the wrong size, i had it tested and i guess they just figure it's good enough, likely too expensive to fix the problem and people see to be able to make it work. That large burr is from you rethreading it but if it is working now i dont think you should worry too much.

If it is not painfully obvious i highly suggest getting the phase-3 because it is faster/can hold a bigger battery so it will fly longer, and there is nothing to compair when it comes how the plane will fly, the phase3 is like a fighter plane while the kyosho is like a wounded duck. They are both fast for the most part but when i think of a F-16 i think of agility.(which the kyosho lacks)

Dont attempt to turn too quickly when you first take off, make sure your CG is correct and don't use a battery over 1350mah because most of the people who crashed this plane were using a battery that was far too heavy.

GL let us know how it goes.

BTW welcome to wattflyer!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
MartinT

WARNING WARNING!!!

You MUST replace the supplied servohorns with "3D servohorns" (The Spektrum brand ones work well on the servos supplied with the Kyosho) (these are longer, and give you more elevator deflection when you move the pushrod to the furthest hole. ) (i.e. they prevent you from flying full throttle into the ground when the toss was not a world record spearthrow attempt...)
The recommended throws as per instructions are WAY to small when at low speed (even when the CG is at the recommended point)...
Good luck on your maiden!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 AM
evlwevl

Thanks, I will look into that, Im still not finished with the build, I have been looking into fixed landing gear as im having trouble finding a nice grassy field with plenty of flying area. Anyone out there have a landing gear solution that works with this plane?