Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

F-16 by kyosho

Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson View Post
You only have yourself to blame for not properly researching what you purchased.

Well now i have an opinion that kyosho makes poor products that i don't advise anyone buying.

research = complete
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

I find it funny that you have not learned from your mistakes on RC Groups.
I guess if I muff up a hand launch and trash a jet, I have nobody to blame but myself, since I mostly scratch build my jets.

Tim the general consensus there was that it was crashed. That's where my money's on, and not roll rate.
I just built a Guillows Sopwith that flies great. I was expecting 4 functional ailerons to have an excellent roll rate. The rolls are slow and not very clean. I still wouldn't kick the plane just over roll rate. I love the thing.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Tim Johnson
Split S

Bill did you call our customer service dept about the crash? Send me a PM I would like to hear your story.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Don't worry about calling the kyosho product support all they will feed you is a line of BS; like they did when i called because they sent the wrong thread on the screw used on the motor. They claimed the wrong screw was just a "burr" and that you just have to screw it in harder to fix it. (more likely rethread it because of their mistake) Their product support matches the quality of the plane = poor.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 AM
iflyrc1012
Insane Wiggy pilot

hawk, i just watched the video of your maiden flight, and you were all excited and seemed VERY satisfied with the flight performance then. why the vendetta now??
Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
hawk, i just watched the video of your maiden flight, and you were all excited and seemed VERY satisfied with the flight performance then. why the vendetta now??

There is no vendetta, just my opinion that their products are over rated and perform lackluster even when they cost a premium. In the video i do make mention of how slow the roll rate was. Of course i was excited, it was my very first flight on a ducted fan RC, anytime a maiden flight returns safely, it's hard not to be happy. To me after the first flight is out of the way with a new plane, i can relax far more at the controls, this kyosho product is of poor design; it holds a small battery, (not that i need them) you can't buy reasonable priced replacement parts, poor customer support, and the plane flys around like a dog compaired to my much less expensive Phase3 F-16 that has all the advantages the kyosho model lacks: for less money. While building the kyosho F-16 their customer support fed me a line of BS about a mistake with their product. (a screw that was off on the thread count) and i got this guy telling me a shop that i had test the screw was wrong, even though they are 80,000sf of nothing but bolts/nuts/screws and are widely concidered the expert place to go here in the MOTORCITY. The customer support clown tried to tell me of a magic burr that you could not see and was causing the screw to not thread. (he basically was trying to get me to rethread the screw by forcing it in)

My opinion of this plane and kyosho is poor: i would not suggest buying anything from them in the future.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Bill did you call our customer service dept about the crash? Send me a PM I would like to hear your story.
I could, but I'm not sure Kyosho would be interested in jets that I scratch built. Not me Tim. The general consensus at RCG is that HE crashed his F16, thus all the negative responses.
What I had noticed is that there is a month's lapse that took place, before the negative comments geared up. A lot can happen in that time.

Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
For answer, see above.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
The general consensus at RCG is that HE crashed his F16, thus all the negative responses.
What I had noticed is that there is a month's lapse that took place, before the negative comments geared up. A lot can happen in that time.

For answer, see above.
Never crashed my kyosho F16, while it is a crappy product, my plane is still intact and able to fly. But i am not going to waste having my RX in a plane that is crap to fly, so the RX is now in my phase3 F16 and i have little reason to ever switch it back.

Lets face it kyosho is just a company that builds garbage RC planes; when compaired to the other manufacturers who build quality RC products.

but that is just my opinion
Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Tim Johnson
Split S

So if you do not like Kyosho products, then quit trolling the thread. You should read the rules of the forum.

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
WattFlyer members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15
Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

So if you do not like Kyosho products, then quit trolling the thread. You should read the rules of the forum.

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
WattFlyer members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15
the thread i started about MY purchase of a product from a company YOU represent. Sorry my opinion is negitive about YOUR product, but i am a consumer who has an opinion. Your harrassing behavior by posting videos advertising your product is unnecessary.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Twmaster

DH, you've made your point. It's time to put it to rest. Continuing on and on is serving no purpose.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM
maverickma

Having some trouble making a decision between the Hobby-Lobby (made by Famous) F16 and the Kyosho F16. Both are plug and play (just add radio) but are different in size and price. The Famous F16 has a much larger wingspan and has a 70mm fan versus the smaller Kyosho with a 55mm. The Kyosho uses taileron controls (as you know) versus the Famous which has ailerons and rudder. I'll be using my own radio....I'm experienced...have a a bunch of planes including an EDF already, but really want an F16. I'm at a loss. I was leaning towards the Kyosho b/c I am familiar with their products which are always high quality. Both planes have spare parts available...the Kyosho will be significantly more expensive since I will have to buy batteries.

Can someone give some opinions which to buy? Is the smaller Kyosho better suited for smaller flying spaces?? Am I risking crappy electronics in the Famous? Will the larger Famous be easier to fly with its large wing span? Any pros or cons for each? I know this is a Kyosho thread (with a Kyosho guy on here) so please be as objective as possible. Not looking for plane bashing, just some help making a decision.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Tim Johnson
Split S

The Kyosho is designed for the Beginner to Intermediate EDF pilot. It sounds like you fall out side of that category.? The Kyosho can be flown in much smaller spaces. The wing has been modified so that you can enjoy slow speeds as well as higher speeds. I have not had the chance to fly the Hobby Lobby plane, so I can't give any flying experience from their version, but I am sure someone on the board can chime in.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
maverickma

The Kyosho is designed for the Beginner to Intermediate EDF pilot. It sounds like you fall out side of that category.? The Kyosho can be flown in much smaller spaces. The wing has been modified so that you can enjoy slow speeds as well as higher speeds. I have not had the chance to fly the Hobby Lobby plane, so I can't give any flying experience from their version, but I am sure someone on the board can chime in.
This helps Tim. As far as skills, I'll probably always be intermediate...its safer there!!! Yeah, wing surface appears a bit larger from the pics. Thanks for the feedback. I've always liked Kyosho products.

Any other feedback is appreciated.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Tim Johnson
Split S

What do you usualy like to do when you are flying your EDFs?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 PM
maverickma

What do you usualy like to do when you are flying your EDFs?
Whilst flying, I enjoy:
  • Not crashing (so ease of fying/landing)
  • Mild aerobatics (rolls, loops)
  • moderately fast Speed
  • Ease of switching batteries
  • Not crashing
The only EDF I fly now is an XPD-8 and she's twitchy. I have two wings...not sure why..they scare the crap out of me.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Tim Johnson
Split S

What radio system are you flying with?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
maverickma

What radio system are you flying with?
Santa is bringing a Spektrum DX6i so I'll be using that for all EDFs going forward.

Suggestions on a Spektrum receiver for the Kyosho?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Tim Johnson
Split S

I was really hoping someone who has flown the HL F-16 would have chimed in....O well.

You can use the AR7100 or AR6100 receiver in the Kyosho model.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:00 AM
maverickma

I was really hoping someone who has flown the HL F-16 would have chimed in....O well.

You can use the AR7100 or AR6100 receiver in the Kyosho model.
Will the AR6200 fit/work?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Tim Johnson
Split S

It would, but you would need to put the main receiver in the ducting due to the what the servos plug into the receiver.. Space is limited in the Kyosho F-16.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 AM
maverickma

It would, but you would need to put the main receiver in the ducting due to the what the servos plug into the receiver.. Space is limited in the Kyosho F-16.
Tim, which AR6100? The "E" version with the connections on the end or the standard with the connections on top?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Tim Johnson
Split S

it is best to use the version with the connectors on the side. That way everything can lay horizontal.

Last edited by Tim Johnson; 11-17-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

LOL
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM
BUCKSHOT

Someone gave me one ,i have the edo f4 with the wicked 4800...love it
i want to add landing gear to the kyosho,ANY IDEAS

Quick Reply: F-16 by kyosho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14774 seconds with 12 queries