Wanted... Busted GWS 2002 Charger - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Field Equipment For Sale & WTB Buy & Sell field equipment and accessories here. Free to buy or sell!

Wanted... Busted GWS 2002 Charger

Old 08-30-2005, 03:18 AM
Tom Frank
Dance The Skies...!

Default Wanted... Busted GWS 2002 Charger

My 2002 works fine but the meter is busted. I need a replacement meter. Anyone have a non-working 2002 charger you want to get rid of?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:06 PM
N3CLI
Retired Pharmacist

Cool Try Radio Shack for a similar meter

I would try Radio Shack or some electronic supply house. I am sure GWS purchases this meter somewhere and does not make them. Seek an OEM meter maker, your chances will be better and cheaper I am sure.

Tell me how you like that charger in general. Looking for something for small NIMH packs . I have a triton for the job but might like to charge two at a time at the field.

Fred
Old 08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Tom Frank
Dance The Skies...!

Originally Posted by N3CLI
I would try Radio Shack or some electronic supply house. I am sure GWS purchases this meter somewhere and does not make them. Seek an OEM meter maker, your chances will be better and cheaper I am sure.

Tell me how you like that charger in general. Looking for something for small NIMH packs . I have a triton for the job but might like to charge two at a time at the field.

Fred
Buying a meter is not an option due to cost. The charger works fine, and there is a dial to set the amp draw. I have "calibrated" the dial using a clamp meter to measure actual amps delivered, so it is functional as is. The meter is just a visual indication of what is going on, and was slightly off in it's reading (not critical).

The charger is a peak charger and does what it says. I still use mine for a field charger to top off packs.