Cellpro 10S won't charge two packs -- errors codes display - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Cellpro 10S won't charge two packs -- errors codes display

Old 07-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Prof100

Default Cellpro 10S won't charge two packs -- errors codes display

I bought my Cellpro 10 last spring at the Toledo Weak Signals RC show. It's worked great until today. Now I can only charge 1 pack.

When I use the discharge cables I get Safety code 86 (charge switch close failure) when the banana plugs are installed and I hook up two packs for charging.

When I remove the discharge cables and use the yellow banana plug I get C2 pack detected (Pack was added to Ch2 while charging) but that is not the case. Both packs were connected before pressing the charge button.

I get the error messages when I press the charge button to begin charging and the charger goes into "Checking Packs".

Troubleshooting attempts:
1. I have swapped charge connectors from Ch1 to Ch2 and the same problem persists.

2. Power supply is 6 amps and the current is limited using the software. I have connected to 850 amp hour car battery. The problem still persists.

3. I have reloaded the firmware.

4. If I can't get this fixed this is a mighty expensive 5 cell single pack charger if i can't get it to work on Ch2.

5. I checked continuity between 2 and 3 and there was no continuity. I replaced the internal 15A 125V soldered in fuse that bridges the two with 15 amp automotive blade fuse (a FMA suggestion). I NOW HAVE CONTINUITY but the problem still persists.

Assistance from FMA would be great. This is a mighty pricey charger that can only charge up to 5S and only one pack at a time when it's supposed to do two at a time.