ESKY honeybee cp-2 rotor heads - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

ESKY honeybee cp-2 rotor heads

Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM
cyberlabs

Default ESKY honeybee cp-2 rotor heads

Specific type: EK1H-E005

Overall a nice copter with serious design flaws. Is there any reason to rebuild it?

My rotor heads are so fragile the second my blade touches anything the ball joint breaks off every time; it's way to fragile too operate without these being stronger; is there a metal kit for the rotor head/stays anywhere?
I'm even thinking of buying a glue gun..I haven't had a single successful flight. with it yet, I'm probably doing something wrong because even at full throttle it just sits on the ground. And the second I touch any of the other controls, it begins to tilt, blades catch the ground and it's over; rotor head joint breaks off and then I need a new rotor head joint (2nd time now). I've even considered making a metal set of these myself...
anyway; if you know/experience some of these problems don't hesitate I'm all ears...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 AM
john339

Can you fit training gear to it?
I fly both KingV2 and Esky and use training gear to keep it upright before I take off.
Sure helps save the rotors and head when I oops!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
bassplayinDude

If you're at full throttle and still can't take off, there's some kind of setup or mechanical issue you need to iron out.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
detach8

i used to own the CP2 and that gave me one hell of a time. the head has unbelivable amounts of freeplay (as much as 2 degress of pitch!). i did a reverse blade grip mod and it worked a little better, but in the end i sold the damn thing and bought a king instead. its wayyy better.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
cyberlabs

Default keep your cp2's!!...new metal rotor set coming

I've decided after someone lead to some articles; to keep the cp2 and refit it properly...a new metal kit is coming out soon for it this summer which will totally make it better than the 400 series (belt drive scares me);
I've seen the new pieces and they will make the cp2 probably as good if not better than a t rex...Without a solid metal rotor set the cp2 is a flying duck..

I'm working on upgrading the skids somehow...and i bought some fiberglass kit
to make the wooden blades stronger...keep you updated on that
As far as the not flying - i think i didn't adjust the up trim right...I can get rotor heads on ebay cheaper than elsewhere..but the shipping kills it.