Free Flight to RC Conversion - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Free Flight to RC Conversion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
smooth operator
night fighter ace

Default Free Flight to RC Conversion

one of the main reasons i got back into the hobby was to do a lot of conversions from the guillows and dumas FF kits to RC. i know this is very challenging but the engineering student in me just keeps saying "GO FOR IT!" i would rate my kit building experience to intermediate, i built a few dumas kits and countless guillows kits and wish i still had all of them. my main concerns are movement of CG, what equipment to use (motor, ESC, rx, servos, linkages/pushrods, etc.), and what covering to use. any advice? i'm planning on picking up some of the said kits in the 18-3-" wingspan range so the gear i will probably put on board will be a lot of micro stuff. any advice before i go through with this crazy venture?