Revelectrix Copilot II in Cularis does not stabilize. Only digital left or right. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Revelectrix Copilot II in Cularis does not stabilize. Only digital left or right.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
onkel_jf

Unhappy Revelectrix Copilot II in Cularis does not stabilize. Only digital left or right.

Hallo,

I have a motor glider (Multiplex Cularis) with the following functions:

Motor
Elevator
Yaw
Aileron left
Aileron right
Flap left
Flap right

I connected motor (this is only mentioned in the German manual???), elevator, aileron left, aileron right and remote on/off to the Co-Pilot II Computer. The other servos are directly connected to the receiver.

The Main Sensor Module is located directly behind the elapor canopy, because this is the highest point. I must mention that the wings start more or less behind the canopy. The Main Sensor Module is twisted 45 degree, so that sensors 2 and 3 look forward. The Vertical Sensor Module is located on the side of the canopy near the Co-Pilot II Computer.

I installed the system over the Quick Setup menu. But the stabilization doesnít work at all. If I twist the plane around 45 degree to the right side, suddenly the ailerons want to navigate left. If I twist the plane back to level still nothing happen. The ailerons still want to navigate left in the same degree. If I keep on twisting left suddenly at around 45 degree, the ailerons switch and want to navigate right. Thus, my ailerons are never centered.

I also did a pre-flight-check. But this didnít help either. Can anyone imagine, what I did wrong? Is there something with the installation or the setup?

I donít know, if these information are relevant:

Transmitter: Graupner/JR MC24 with 2,4GHz Futaba Fasst - Modus PPM24
Receiver: Futaba R6014 HS 2,4 GHz FASST

I hope that question is not an old one. But for me, it is not that easy to find the right keywords. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Onkel_JF
Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 AM
onkel_jf

Good morning,

Yesterday, after I wrote the thread, I looked in the FAQs and changed my setup. I connected yaw, elevator, aileron left, aileron right and remote on/off to the Co-Pilot II Computer. But this didn't help either.

I checked in the preflight mode the down-grade (right expression?). If the plane is levelled, it shows around -16 to -18 degree in both directions. And the main sensor canít be that inclined. If I hold the plane (over my head), so that both show 0 degree, the main sensor is obviously not levelled.

If I twist the main sensor by 45 degree, so that sensor 3 looks straight forward, the deviations are much smaller. But also here, the ailerons are not levelled, if the plane is levelled (and pre-flight shows around 0 dgree in both directions).

If I tilt the plane forward and backward, the elevator controls the elevator very smoothly.

Only as an information. I use the firmware 1.38. When I get my USB connector, I will update. But I would say, that this shouldnít help.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Onkel_JF
Old 07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
onkel_jf

Default Vertical sensor internally twisted?

Hallo,

I made further tests with the system. If I removed the vertical sensor and the system worked correctly. Next, I reconnected the vertical sensor and twisted the sensor, so that the arrow looked to the ground instead of to the sky. The system worked correctly.

Is it possible, that in the production, the sensor was not wired in a correct way or the inside was twisted?

Best regards.

Onkel_JF
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
onkel_jf

Hallo,

my vendor replaced the vertical sensor. And it seems to work with the new vertical sensor. I have to verify that during a flight.

Best regards.

Onkel_JF