Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

FX-6Ci quadcopter. FPV on the cheap!

Old 03-21-2016, 05:25 AM
patolin

Cool FX-6Ci quadcopter. FPV on the cheap!

After one year studying abroad (getting a masters degree on Spain) and being completly disconnected from the RC world, im back to my country, and thanks to my friends of www.tmart.com, I got a new small drone for testing and reviewing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160220_131813438_HDR.png
Views:	50
Size:	870.3 KB
ID:	183178

Im going to introduce you to the FX-6Ci Quadcopter unit, which includes a WiFi FPV transmitter. The kit includes everything to fly. Included in the package is the quadcopter unit, the transmitter, a FPV video transmitter, a 500maH 1S battery with a USB charger, spare props, and a little screwdriver to assemble the unit. You can check this drone in this url

http://www.tmart.com/FX-6CI-RC-Quadc...k_p339051.html

Name:  IMG_20160220_131827421_HDR.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  118.4 KB

The drone is very light! I dont have a scale at hand, but its lighter than my smaller foamie plane. I think 150gr is a accurate weight for this unit. It weight has pros and cons:

pro: The light weight helps to minimize damage in crashes (very useful for first flights)
con: It cant flight in moderate/strong winds outside

As I said before, the drone comes with a small "HD" camera, with a 2.4Ghz Wifi Transmitter. To be honest, the HD camera is more SD than anything. But the good thing is that you dont need specialized FPV gear to receive the video. Using your smartphone or tablet you can connect via WiFi to the transmitter, and get video using the provided App. The app is called RC_Skyline and can be downloaded (for android) in this url:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...line&hl=es_419

Name:  IMG_20160220_133009438.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  109.4 KB

The transmitter looks pretty standard for a unit this price. But includes a smartphone stand, so you can have your phone as display in your transmitter. Very useful. But one thing I dont like in this transmitter is the lack of external antenna for the drone control. This is the biggest reason about the short range of control.

Name:  IMG_20160220_132011930_HDR.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  113.0 KB

Getting into the air, the unit feels smooth, The transmitter has 3 rates that can be selected using the little button at right of the left stick. Pressing it you will hear one, two or three beeps, meaning low, medium and high rates. I always use high rate because in low, the control is very slow.

Also the unit contains a trim button. According to the manual, you can press the button, set the trim using the right stick, and save it pressing the button again. Sadly its not as easy to trim the unit.

This quadcopter has 2 nice features: an acobatic mode, and a follow mode.

The acrobatic mode helps the unit to do 360 deg. turns in any direction. Its very easy to do, just gain some altitude (3 or 4 meters), press down the right stick, and then move the stick to the direction you want to turn a flip. Very funny but if you do it at low altitude, for sure the unit will crash.

The follow mode, gives the unit the ability to follow the transmitter, hands off. It must be useful if you want to record following you running, or something like that. To activate the follow mode, you need to stabilize the drone, and press down the left stick. The transmitter light will change from red to yellow, and if you move, the drone will follow you. Its not as sensible as you wish, but is fun to try.

For finish this review, This unit is great! I love it, and for the money you spend on it, it has some nice features that have some expensiver drones in the market. You get the drone, transmitter, spare parts and battery. Just add batteries for the transmitter, charge the battery and you are ready to go. Here is a little video testing the flight and FPV characteristics of this drone.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20160220_132849928.jpg (124.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 03-21-2016, 07:51 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Friends at Tmart.com.........?........So, did you purchase the toy or was it loaned to you for the purpose of testing....everything about the little toy seems to have been covered in your ADVERTISEMENT expect the price...........
Old 03-21-2016, 05:41 PM
patolin

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Friends at Tmart.com.........?........So, did you purchase the toy or was it loaned to you for the purpose of testing....everything about the little toy seems to have been covered in your ADVERTISEMENT expect the price...........
It was not a loan, it was a gift, because I buy some stuff from them frequently. Anyhow, if you think its a paid advertising, I see more like a advice to people new in RC that wants to try a drone without making a hole in their pockets
Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by patolin View Post
It was not a loan, it was a gift, because I buy some stuff from them frequently. Anyhow, if you think its a paid advertising, I see more like a advice to people new in RC that wants to try a drone without making a hole in their pockets
Certainly no "hole" in your pocket........it was free...!

To the point, what is the cost of this toy for the consumer who does not have friends at tmart.com.........?

And yes, the post reads like an advertisement, paid for or not.