Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

ParkZone Spitfire

Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 AM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Thumbs up Non Stock Y-Connector E-Flite Retracts!

I have surpassed 15 carefree Flights without the E-Flite STOCK Y-Connector that comes with EFLG100. The removal of this STOCK Y-Connector that exhibits a Voltage Amplifier of sorts was because my Retracts started to cycle in an unsolicited manner while In-Flight.

Instead, back May 19th, 2013, I installed just a regular Y-Connector and the Retracts has exhibited perfect function without any issues to any unsolicited commanding / cycling of the retracts.

As you can see, I take my Spitfire Mk IX to log as many flights as I can to try out these E-Flite Retracts to test this configuration!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 AM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Thumbs up Touch UP Paint for PZ Spitfire Mk IX

Okay, after flying my Park Zone Spitfire and leaving the RC Club, I wasted NO time and went directly to Lowe's Home Improvement right there in Titusville, Florida and I asked them to make me up two colors from the Battery Hatch piece.

The lady took the part carefully under this Machine with a Light Hub and started Clicking on a Computer Display and in seconds the formula came out to another machine close by.

Each Paint Sample jar was around $2.98 plus tax! (Acrylic Outside Paint)

There is enough Paint to last me for the Life of the Model.:p

Some pictures....

Notice the Aileron Control Horn Back Plates on top of Ailerons!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:33 PM
jcerne

Default Sptifire videos

Hi All,

I've seen some great videos and photos in this thread so I'm a bit hesitant to post my Spitfire videos here. The videos shows the retracts in action. The flying isn't very good; the pilot is out-of-practice and the multiply repaired airframe isn't as straight as it used to be!

I hope that you enjoy the videos.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqXbqzSUlw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU12rsq9jXV6uhC_2nXHUfcA[/media]
Here's and older video as well

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiBnZ_S-XY&list=UU12rsq9jXV6uhC_2nXHUfcA[/media]

By the way, please let me know if you have any recommendations where to get replacement airframes for the PZ Mk IX.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 AM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Almost all of NASA's 18,000 employees, including most of Kennedy Space Center’s roughly 2,000 civil servants, face unpaid furloughs now that the Federal government shut down starting October 1st! I have no idea how long this will take for our Representatives in Congress and those in the Senate to come and discuss whatever has to happen in order for the Government to be re-started. On Monday, we had to Shut down many Computer Servers, Laboratory equipment and other equipment and safe all office equipment in case a Hurricane comes around during the Shut down. Unbelievable.....

So, taking it with stride and positive outlook , two of our Best Central Florida Photographers joined us to enjoy for some needed FUN FLY of sorts at our Moon Port Modelers RC Club (Central Florida) and just look at the Photos that David Hart and Gerry Rivera was able to capture!

Actually the following pictures are David Hart's Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX that Gerry Rivera took while inflight!

To view the above pictures in a Larger Format then, please visit at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park...l#post11628995

Thank you!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Great pics !
Old 10-02-2013, 03:46 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Great glamour-shots! Sorry to hear you got affected by this mess. I was bummed when I saw the 'closed for business' sign on NASA TV yesterday morning. Keep a positive outlook and enjoy the little vacation. Hopefully they'll clean up their mess soon.