Informal Clubs Club Talk

The VictorValley High Desert Flying Aces

Old 11-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Windwizard

Default You Tube

RT & Chellie: I was at this one, too, and shot a DVD.
Rich

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNry5osI6UE&NR=1[/media]
Old 11-29-2009, 01:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by balsa1 View Post
Hi chellie you don't know me but I started the same only 1954 xmass until a little over 5 years ago stroke. But got the catarac's removed and just starting to get back into it like a new world. Real good cheap elec. however had'nt heard of 2.4 radio's Iguess the postman missed my cave les
Hi Balsa Welcome to Wattflyers 2.4 radios are ok, but I love my JR 72mhz Radio with a BERG receiver, just as good as a 2.4 if not better IMHO, as the Berg receiver will lock on to your Transmitter, and less 2.4 problems like brown outs, short range and masking, never ever a problem with a JR radio and berg receiver if you have a 72Mhz radio keep it and get a Berg Receiver, that will be a rock solid combination 99% of the time, unless youy are in a real bad RFI area, then you need to get a 2.4 radio, Take care and HAPPY HOLIDAY TO YOU AND YOURS, Chellie

http://www.thefind.com/instruments/b...annel-receiver

Only use a Berg Crystal, I like their 4L receiver on my small planes

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-29-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:57 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Windwizard View Post
Chellie: Did you see this crash by the Goodwine RC group at Chino this year? I was there shooting a DVD and got a much better video than this one on You Tube.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RGus04vvuw&NR=1[/media]

Rich
Yes I saw that, Bummer, those were very very nice planes, but those things happen from time to time, at least they walked away from it unhurt Take care, Chellie
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Rich

Kewl Video Richard, Very Well Done
Old 11-29-2009, 02:17 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Rich

Richard you better get over to this thread right away, they are talking about you

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...35751&page=307

Originally Posted by Wrench66
Great to hear you took a break from unpacking to put in some air time, Chellie
You are just the person to lead the High Desert guys into wind flying.....not to fight the wind but work with it......and for goshsakes will make you learn what your left thumb is there for besides the throttle!! hehehe.

Fly out at IE enough and you will learn to fly with the breeze.....I imagine the desert field are equally fun

Teach them well, Chellie

--Ray
Richard said that he was not going to go flying today, if the wind is blowing 6 or 7 mph I said WHAT, that nothing, that we Renegades fly in 20+MPH wind all the time well after I got done with him, he was Flying My Mavrick in 20 to 25MPH wind and loving it, he ordered 2 planes from Rusty at Rc Products That will fix him to mess with a Renagade and say he can fly in Wind, LOL I also showed him Erans video flying in 20+ MPH Wind, Lots of very Sweet People here in the Victor Valley High Desert Wattheads Rc Flyers Club, That Means you too AL and Steve and James Take care, Chellie
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

BTW, RT is also a member of the Chino Renagades Rc Flying club and we want you onboard too Richard Take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-29-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:48 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

And It Was a Pleasure meeting you today Richard and your friend Dave i think it was, I had a great time, Glad you liked the Mavrick, Its a lot of Fun, I have a over abundance of a sence of Humor so watch out for me Take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-30-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Windwizard

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
BTW, RT is also a member of the Chino Renagades Rc Flying club and we want you onboard too Richard Take care, Chellie
Chellie: I will definitely do that Got to run............boxing on HBO in 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich
Old 11-29-2009, 09:53 PM
balsa1

thanks chellie foor the info sI have 10 or 11 72's around. been stumbing around here trying to get caught back up things have realy changed in the last 5 years or so. I have a terrible mess of plane's around mostly plan and kit built so will probbly do mostly conversions for several years. Looks like you have moved aloong wih the hobby very well its such a diversified hobby I just can't belive I stayed away so long . good luck and best of flying to you folks Les
Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

Hi all,it turned out to be a great morning for flying (late morning that is)

Dave looks like you got the hang of that slowstick.I dont think you'll have any problems with your new planes.Hope you bring them out with you next weekend,and dont forget to bring your new radio

Les I couldnt tell from your previous posts but do you fly out at central field also.It doesn't matter if you do or dont.All are welcome. Im just wondering

RT
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Windwizard

And It Was a Pleasure meeting you today Richard and your friend Dave i think it was, I had a great time, Glad you liked the Mavrick, Its a lot of Fun, I have a over abundance of a sence of Humor so watch out for me Take care, Chellie
The feeling's mutual. When are you coming out to the field again, Chellie? ? Sometime could you give me some instruction on "knife edge" flying?....maybe when I get a Mavrick built? I've never tried it.........I just recently got to where I can fly inverted. Got an email from PayPal today - my two Mavrick's are in the mail - oh boy
Rich
Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

The feeling's mutual. When are you coming out to the field again, Chellie? ? Sometime could you give me some instruction on "knife edge" flying?....maybe when I get a Mavrick built? I've never tried it.........I just recently got to where I can fly inverted. Got an email from PayPal today - my two Mavrick's are in the mail - oh boy
Rich
Thats great to hear Richard that your Planes are on there way

Ok on the Knife edge, Flying from right to left, use your ailerons to bank left, when the plane is on its side, hold right rudder and release the the aileron a little, hold the rudder to keep the plane flying level, your rudder now becomes the elevator, and your elevator now becomes your rudder, sometimes you will have to add a little (elevator now acting as a rudder, to keep the plane in a straight line ) its not hard at all, it just takes practice, hope that helps, Chellie
Old 11-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Windwizard

Default Lost work bench

Wow, RT, I don't know whose work bench is the worst - mine or yours
Rich
I've been looking for my work bench for weeks and I finally found it today!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PB292059.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	114437   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB292060.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	114438  
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Rich
Your Mavrick is going to teach you a lot, as its a very responsive plane, that can do it all, and is cheap, so you dont have to be afraid to try new things, dont even worry about crashing it, its cheap fun, just throw it around, be Vicious with it My Mavrick is the plane that I fly first to break the rust with as they say, then i fly my deltas, jets and wing
Old 11-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

maybe when you learn to hover on the prop you can teach me how to do it,then again maybe not
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Windwizard

Default Knife edge

Thats great to hear Richard that your Planes are on there way

Ok on the Knife edge, Flying from right to left, use your ailerons to bank left, when the plane is on its side, hold right rudder and release the the aileron a little, hold the rudder to keep the plane flying level, your rudder now becomes the elevator, and your elevator now becomes your rudder, sometimes you will have to add a little (elevator now acting as a rudder, to keep the plane in a straight line ) its not hard at all, it just takes practice, hope that helps, Chellie
That sounds difficult, Chellie. I tried for weeks to fly inverted, and couldn't do it. The Real Flight simulator was a life saver - it was the only way I learned. Guess I'd better start using it for knife edge. Thanks.............Rich
Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Windwizard

Default Central field

Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Hi all,it turned out to be a great morning for flying (late morning that is)

Dave looks like you got the hang of that slowstick.I dont think you'll have any problems with your new planes.Hope you bring them out with you next weekend,and dont forget to bring your new radio

Les I couldnt tell from your previous posts but do you fly out at central field also.It doesn't matter if you do or dont.All are welcome. Im just wondering

RT
Hey RT: I was out there at 8 this morning and it was in the 20's! Made two 18 min. flights with the 6' Telemaster. Jack was there flying a gas plane I thought it was called the "Electric Field".
Rich
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

Hi chellie,so were you able to get the rest of your planes or did the renegades keep you too busy
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

That sounds difficult, Chellie. I tried for weeks to fly inverted, and couldn't do it. The Real Flight simulator was a life saver - it was the only way I learned. Guess I'd better start using it for knife edge. Thanks.............Rich
Its not hard at all, just Visualize a plane on its side flying, the elevator is now a rudder, and the rudder is now a elevator, EASY LOL

http://www.funmansion.com/videos/rc_...e_skating.html

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-30-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Windwizard

Your Mavrick is going to teach you a lot, as its a very responsive plane, that can do it all, and is cheap, so you dont have to be afraid to try new things, dont even worry about crashing it, its cheap fun, just throw it around, be Vicious with it My Mavrick is the plane that I fly first to break the rust with as they say, then i fly my deltas, jets and wing
I can't wait to get those planes...........Give me WIND! (I never thought I'd say that)
Rich
Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

Hey RT: I was out there at 8 this morning and it was in the 20's! Made two 18 min. flights with the 6' Telemaster. Jack was there flying a gas plane I thought it was called the "Electric Field".
Rich
Hi Rich ,ya I heard about that from dave.Were gonna have to find a way to electrafy jack somehow
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi chellie,so were you able to get the rest of your planes or did the renegades keep you too busy
I am going down the hill in a Bit, i had to look for some trailer homes in a senior park for a family member today, found a nice one, and made a offer on a double wide trailer, they want to move up here too, family members always keep me busy they take to much time away from my hobbies LOL ,I need to get rid of them LOL Take care, Chellie
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Rich ,ya I heard about that from dave.Were gonna have to find a way to electrafy jack somehow
I have a 50,000 volt zapper, will that work LOL

Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

aye carrammbaaa!!!that would do it
Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I can't wait to get those planes...........Give me WIND! (I never thought I'd say that)
Rich

Quick Reply: The VictorValley High Desert Flying Aces

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16647 seconds with 18 queries