Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Phone Orders From Online Shops

Old 09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
E-Challenged

Default Phone Orders From Online Shops

I will not enter my credit card numbers on anybody's online automated shopping cart system. I have watched too many TV programs about identity theft, information firms selling out credit card users, etc, etc.

If I can't phone in orders and give credit card info to a human, the online shop has lost me as a customer. Yes I know that the person on the phone can try use my numbers but it hasn't happened. I understand that the seller is also taking some risk accepting phoned in credit card orders. I only use online sources when I can't find or order what I need from a local hobby shop. Hobby Lobby and Aeromicro , two of the best sources, accept phoned in credit card orders.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:03 PM
RCTrayManUSA

Just a note from a web store who read your note.
We at www.RcTraymanUSA.com accept Visa, Amex, Discover, Master Card, Pay Pal, And Phone orders. Pay pal offers and online reciept. All our major credit card phone orders are shipped with a reciept and the order is confirmed while on the phone with us with your credit card company. Our website is protected by GeoTrust and is secure. Plus we have a rock solid refund policy with no restocking or handleing fees. We can do this because our Transmitter trays are so well made that only two have been returned for personal reasons in three years of production.
We also do not spam or share and personal information with anyone else other then the credit card company that ok's your account. The only money we do not refund is the cost of shipping to or from the buyers address. Thats it. Remember, when you buy the best you put your mind to rest. We have a 100% safe site and share your concerns for your protection.
Jeff " www.rctraymanusa.com " Sandler
Old 10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
termite
Super Contributor

Default Phone Orders Welcome

More than happy to take an order over the phone!!!

Love talkin' with you guys

Randy
Dynamo Electrics
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
flyranger
I Crash Things!!

My fav online store is tower hobbies (www.towerhobbies.com) and I had to call their order line with a question. I wanted a futaba receiver and crystal and needed to make sure it would work with their Tower 6 transmitter. The lady on the phone actually knew her stuff! Easy and painless. My Lil' Poke was in the air with no problems. Pre-flite range check greater than 300 feet with antenna collapsed.
You can call them at 800-637-4989 for orders only and 800-637-6050 for tech assistance.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:43 AM
atlav8r
DJ at RCRN

We are happy to take your phone call or web order. Security is no issue and if you will put your card in the gas pump you might as well use it online. Most credit card companies now offer 0 lilability.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:14 AM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

We gladly accept phone orders. So if we can ever help out let us know. LIke talking to our customers anyway We always add our personal touch to all our transactions. Like to keep it paperless as much as possible and our cc system has been in compliance for over 4 years with only the last four digits showing up on any printed transactions. Likewise our software we use to manage our customers keeps all information confidential. No spam here. Our email program doesn't even know our management software exists. Like it that way. And we get to see a lot of our customers at the various fun fly's that we attend with our Hobby Shop in tow throughout the year.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:37 AM
purehobby

We are mainly an online business ourselves but we welcome all over the phone orders as well. Besides sometimes it is easier to call in and get your questions answered rather than emailing so you can knock it all out at once.
Cliff I couldnt agree with you more. This subject is hitting home as we speak. I am fortunate that my bank backed me up 100%. I use my Personal Debit card all over the internet my wife uses hers at the gas station and grocery store. Well they managed to get her credit card number from one of the two places and went on a shopping spree for a couple hundred dollars before my wife happen to check the bank. She thought I went on a shopping spree
Old 10-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Hemicyon

Copied from another thread, I coudn't just link my other post.

More details here:http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1764

I must say in the last few weeks I've experienced both good and bad online shopping.

3dhobbyshop.com -
Placed an order with them never recieved confirmation and sent them a less than cordial email about it, it seems it was actually MY fault becuase I never clicked on the last page of the order process that starts the confirmation process etc, so the order was taken but no conf was sent etc...They guys there were AWESOME and took good care of me even changing my order last minute(Im a newbie and ordered the wrong part) while the package was being loaded on the truck for delivery. AWESOME SERVICE and ADVICE got my stuff in 3 days!

RadicalRC.com -
Placed a small $9.50 order and followed thier instructions on how to make a paypal order and my email address was rejected by thier server after I completed the transaction. Left two phone messages and sent email from another address that didnt get rejected. My paypal account has been charged and I have left phone messaged with my order number etc but still no phone call no email...I'll keep you posted the order was made DAYS ago and still nothing but money missin from my account for an order I have no idea what the status of is....not great SO FAR, but we'll see how it turns out.

TowerHobbies.com -
Called me to confirm my order before charging and shipping the next business day. Immediately shipped the order after confirmation and the order arrived in 3 business days! WOW, FAST SERVICE got my stuff in 3 days!

Horizon Hobby EDITED, they ended up making me very happy...I was just a bit impatient...

I guess the bottom line is find a supplier you like and trust and stick with them. I know which 2 online shops I'll be doing business with in the future.

Last edited by Hemicyon; 10-14-2005 at 04:07 AM.