Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Programming help please.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:07 PM
BMims

Default Programming help please.

Hiya folks, I'm coming back into flying, working with wings, since I can't see gliders at a distance anymore (getting older sucks). I'm currently overseas in Kuwait, and have picked up a JR T6x4. I'm rusty AF on programming, and can't get both elevon servos to work with aileron throws.

Oh, and for the REALLY old goats around here...I'm Twizter68...can't remember my password, and that email is no longer active.

Cheersw from Kuwait!
Bill
Old 09-08-2020, 07:35 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Hey Bill, long time no see! Hope things are going well for you.

When setting up the model in the radio, you should come across a setting asking for Wing Type. For a flying wing (or any delta wing plane), use the Delta setting. This will make the servos act as ailerons and elevators. I hope that's what you were asking.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:25 AM
BMims

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Hey Bill, long time no see! Hope things are going well for you.

When setting up the model in the radio, you should come across a setting asking for Wing Type. For a flying wing (or any delta wing plane), use the Delta setting. This will make the servos act as ailerons and elevators. I hope that's what you were asking.
Hiya Pat, how ya been?

Yeah I set up under the delta, but the left aileron still only works on elevator input.
Going to play with the mixes a bit.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:11 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

So one thing I learned about delta and JR radios. You need to switch the servo plugs into the RX and/or reverse the switches in the radio. There was a combination that you had to get exactly right for everything to work properly. Been so long I've forgotten what it is. Try that first before messing with the mixes. Do the servo plugs first, then do the reverse switch.