Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

ElectriFly Rimfire 1.60 Jerk Start

Old 08-08-2020, 02:49 AM
evansh
evansh

Default ElectriFly Rimfire 1.60 Jerk Start

I have a Rimfire 1.60 with SS 60A ESC operating on 12s. It is OK except the motor doesn't move until throttle is opened 3 clicks. Then it
suddenly and violently starts. The combo works in a 60 inch Pitts but is a nightmare trying to land as no fine throttle control at bottom end.
I have calibrated the ESC with throttle movement and checked it is 100% and no curve. Also checked ESC and it is on default settings. Any suggestions re problem or what I should do. Thanks
Old 08-08-2020, 04:35 PM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer. Some ESC's have a "soft start" setting, though there's no mention of such an option in the SS-60/80 manual that I found online.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:34 AM
evansh
evansh

Thank you sir, will do as advised.