Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

HobbyKing's Little Nugget a bit different

Old 11-09-2022, 02:48 AM
plane

Default HobbyKing's Little Nugget a bit different

Getting some build time with this by making changes!

Unboxing:

Build #1:

Old 11-10-2022, 02:41 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Nice Looking Plane I Used to Buy the 172 and 150 Foam planes from Hobby People, They were Cheap Like Me and They were meant for a 15 Glow Engine, I Used these Planes for Trainers when i was Learning RC, My Friend Gave me a couple of HP 40 Pylon Engines that he Used when Flying Quickie 500s, and I tossed them in the Hobby People Foam Planes, That was Fun as they Would Haul Buns I also had a K+B 61 Engine, That was a Great Engine, I could Not Kill it, It just ran and ran and Ran. I had it in a few planes, Like a Laser 200, F86 Saber, and a Pitts Bi Plane, My Brand New Airtronics 6 Channel 72 MHZ radio messed up on me and the Pitts went in taking out the K+B 61, I Dont use Airtronic Radios any More, only JR with a Berg or Hitec Receiver on 72 MHZ or a DX6I Spectrum 2.4 6 channel Radio, Berg and Hitec seem to be the Only Receivers that E Power RFI does not Affect, Take care and have fun, Chellie
Old 11-10-2022, 04:06 AM
plane

Glad ya like it CHELLIE My first large Foam foray of modifications. I really missed out on the heyday of cheap, prolific foamy days. I remember Global Hobbys, Hobby Shack, Hobby People... I think my first Foamy many moons ago was the Kyosho F-16. Just stayed with balsa until the last couple years, I've been stepping out! Into the world of foam and electrics! Been wanting to try putting a nitro .25 in my Durafly BF109 and see if I can melt it a bit.....

Anyway, here's Build part#2 decals and start retro fitting retracts.

Part #2
Old 11-10-2022, 04:25 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thats Looking Nice I Made a Hellcat Profile Plane out of 9mm Depron Foam, Its big I will take a pic of it and post it here, I am Not Done with it yet, It will be E Powered, I have a Formosa balsa plane that I dont like, It was one of my first planes to use E Power, I put in a Brand New JR Receiver in it with my JR Computer Radio, and the Receiver did not like the RFI of the E Motor and about 50 feet away from me it Nose dived into the Ground, Thats when I bought a Spectrum DX6I Radio on 2.4, I was able to save the Plane, but it always felt Heavy on the Sticks, I dont like that plane at all, so I will be Taking out the power system and putting it in the Profile Hellcat, on 4 Cell, the Formosa would leap into the Air in about 4 to 5 feet it had a 2 to 1 power ratio It would make twice the thrust of the weight of the plane More Power
Old 11-10-2022, 04:40 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I Have Been away from RC for a Few Years, Soooo I am Building a 6mm Profile RC Depron Plane to bust the rust off my Thumbs with here is the link, it will look something like this when done

https://wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82786

Old 11-10-2022, 05:20 AM
plane

Well, welcome back to a passion! Looks like you could run that indoors on a cold day! It's pretty cool lookin!
Old 11-17-2022, 12:39 AM
plane

Default Starting to paint with matte clear top coat

Trying to wrap this up before it's too cold to paint in the garage. Will provide more details in the next segment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0197.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	5.09 MB
ID:	188912   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0198.JPG
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	188913   Click image for larger version

Name:	GX010174_Moment.jpg
Size:	6.37 MB
ID:	188914  
Old 11-27-2022, 03:11 AM
plane

Part #3 almost done! Added a pilot, new paint job, machine guns, retracts, gear doors, concealed linkage flaps, steerable tail wheel, insignis, instrument panel, and Spraymax 2K top coat!

Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM
plane

Out for the Maiden Flight! It was exciting!