Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB
Reload this Page >

Sold NIB - Astro Flight Porterfield Collegiate Deluxe Kit W/ Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor

Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Sold NIB - Astro Flight Porterfield Collegiate Deluxe Kit W/ Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor

Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
All American

Default NIB - Astro Flight Porterfield Collegiate Deluxe Kit W/ Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor

For Sale:

New In the Original Box - Astro Flight Porterfield Colegiate Deluxe Kit W/NEW Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor

Click image for larger version

Name:	Porterfield Collegiate Deluxe Kit.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	110145

Name:	Porterfield Collegiate Deluxe Kit Open Box.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	110146

Clear Acetate for Windows, NIP Astro 25 Motor Mount, Included Prop, Wood Parts Pack

Name:	DSC02026.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	110147

Cowl Assembly, NIP Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor, NIP Astro Connector, Landing Gear and Hardware Pack, Assembly Manual

Name:	DSC02027.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	110148

This Kit is complete, never assembled and all components are NEW.

It's all there:

- Astro Cobalt Geared 25 Motor /w Astro Connector

- Astro 25 Motor Mount

- Prop Included

- Cowl Assembly

- Rolled Plans and Assembly Manual

- Pre Formed Landing Gear and hardware

- Clear Acetate for Windows

- All Balsa and Plywood precut and bulk

The Astro 25 Geared Motor alone, is sold today for $119.00 + $39.95 for the Gearbox. Astro Connectors are $12.00 Pair. There's a lot of value here. If I were offering just the motor, gearbox, motor mount and Astro Connector at my asking price, it would be a good deal. Since all of this is included at my asking price, it's almost like you're getting the Porterfield Collegiate Airplane kit for free!

I originally paid $249.00 + Shipping

My Asking Price is $175.00 + Shipping From Connecticut

I am Open to Trades - I'm always looking for Futaba FASST Flight Packs among other things

Last edited by All American; 11-02-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Yellowspider

Great plane when its done. Lots of building but well worth it in the end. Have to say though I have seen these selling for less than 100.00 even with the motor and gear box too. Not many left out there anymore though. IMOP your price is fair but most people would want to go brushless. You up to trade for a MIG-15 K&A Kit?
Yellowspider
Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
All American

Originally Posted by Yellowspider View Post
Great plane when its done. Lots of building but well worth it in the end. Have to say though I have seen these selling for less than 100.00 even with the motor and gear box too. Not many left out there anymore though. IMOP your price is fair but most people would want to go brushless. You up to trade for a MIG-15 K&A Kit?
Yellowspider

Hi Yellowspider,

I built the same Porterfield kit about 15 years ago and it's still a nice airplane to take out for a day. I wanted to build another Porterfield with more scale detail. So I purchased this kit when I heard Astro Flight was going to discontinue selling it. It's one of those "I never got around to it" projects. I've been watching eBay for quite some time to get an idea of what this might be worth and I haven't seen one of these kits for sale in at least two years. Therefore, I set my price based on the current cost of a new Astro Cobalt 25 motor, an Astro gearbox, Astro motor mount and Astro Connector. The Porterfield airplane kit is basically free to the buyer of the motor package.

Brushless motors are popular today, but these Astro Cobalt motors are powerful and last forever. And in an airplane like the Portefield Collegiate, the extra weight is welcome on windy days. The Astro Cobalt 25 Geared is very popular among RC Boaters. Anyone who's into both RC boats and aircraft can make good use of this motor package and end up with a great looking, great flying Porterfield Collegiate to boot.

I'm up for trades but what I need most are extra Futaba FASST Receivers, new LIPO Packs and micro servos. I'd like to have several more aircraft ready to grab n' fly.

Regards,

Anthony
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Yellowspider

what size lipos? and how many channels on the receivers are you looking for? I work part time in a hobby shop and we get stuff in all the time.
Dave
Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Yellowspider

Trust me I am in no hurry for another plane. I have 36 with receivers and batts ready to grab and fly anytime. Currently I have under construction. A big 80+ inch Great planes DC-3, Three Stevens areomodels ready for covering. A GWS A-10 I am building for a friend, A Polk Hobbies C-47 should be done tonight less ESCs. A really old huge PT-17 scaler 99% done. And at least 7 kits in the boxes that I can think of off the top of my head. But this Porterfield being a classic and just about all gone I figured what the heck is one more box. You are right the weight does help it on a windy day. But a brushless one would be neat too. What would you need for just the kit? I really cannot belive the builder guys are not checking this deal out. Yes, its a ton of hours but well worth it in the end. Personallly I love building, Yeah I have some foam and a few ARFs but cant say I enjoy and respect them as much as when my blood and sweat went into making a plane from a pile of sticks.
Dave
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
All American

what size lipos? and how many channels on the receivers are you looking for? I work part time in a hobby shop and we get stuff in all the time.
Dave

I use a lot of 3S 20C -25C Lipos 1300 mah - 2200 mah

The Futaba FASST Receivers I use are model R617FS 7 Channel 2.4GHZ

Last edited by All American; 10-21-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:08 AM
All American

Trust me I am in no hurry for another plane. I have 36 with receivers and batts ready to grab and fly anytime. Currently I have under construction. A big 80+ inch Great planes DC-3, Three Stevens areomodels ready for covering. A GWS A-10 I am building for a friend, A Polk Hobbies C-47 should be done tonight less ESCs. A really old huge PT-17 scaler 99% done. And at least 7 kits in the boxes that I can think of off the top of my head. But this Porterfield being a classic and just about all gone I figured what the heck is one more box. You are right the weight does help it on a windy day. But a brushless one would be neat too. What would you need for just the kit? I really cannot belive the builder guys are not checking this deal out. Yes, its a ton of hours but well worth it in the end. Personallly I love building, Yeah I have some foam and a few ARFs but cant say I enjoy and respect them as much as when my blood and sweat went into making a plane from a pile of sticks.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Wow! 36 planes ready to go........... You'll never get bored.

I'm not sure it would be wise for me to break up the kit. It is the Porterfield Collegiate DELUXE kit, complete with Astro 25G Motor, Gearbox, Prop, Astro motor mount and Astro Connector. Now if I find a buyer for just the motor/gearbox package, then I would be more likely to break up the combo.

If you can get a hobby shop employee discount on the Futaba FASST receivers, I also need Hitec HS55 micro servos. I also need either an FMA Cellpro 10s, 10 Amp Cell Balancing Charger
or an FMA Cellpro Multi4 Balancing Charger.
Perhaps we can work out something as a trade for any combination of the above?

Regards,
Anthony
Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Yellowspider

Anthony,
I will see what I can come up with in the next few days or week or so.
Dave
Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM
All American

Anthony,
I will see what I can come up with in the next few days or week or so.
Dave

I appreciate it Dave!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:28 AM
All American

Default SOLD

SOLD