Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Hacker Motor problem

Old 06-08-2022, 10:51 AM
bigvern

Default Hacker Motor problem

Hi there I have a Hacker A50-16s electric motor in a sebart sukoi , it has at least 15 years old and has done a lot flying
It has always been flown on 6s. Th ecs is a hacker master spin opto 99, overkill I know but it was spare and my hobbyking ecs bit the dust.
The ecs is set to automatic option 2 (outrunner). The ecs was replaced as the hobbyking ecs was making the motor hunt during flight
The hunting has now disappeared however it performs as though the power of the motor is only available at the top 20% of the throttle travel
The motor does run at all the throttle range but it is gutless. The batteries are brand new, the ecs throttle range is calibrated correctly, I have no
strange power curve set as its the same set up I have used for years and has worked before the issues started.
Any ideas ??? My electronics expert buddy is convinced that one of the windings has given up or one of the magnets has lost some of its magnetism
Old 06-12-2022, 10:36 AM
bigvern

Well I have done some tested this morning and I have confirmed my thoughts that the motor is not working correctly

At full throttle I am getting 1.23Kw @ 58 amps which is what I was expecting, at 50% throttle I am getting 200w @ 5 amps
not enough to pull the skin off rice pudding as they say !!!
Just checked the price of a replacement Hacker A50-16s, I dont think I will be buying a Hacker
Old 06-12-2022, 02:01 PM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

Apart from battery voltage, voltage sag, power and current readings you need rpm readings as well for debugging.
At full throttle, half throttle, with and without prop.

Possible causes, problems, solutions

Last edited by ron_van_sommeren; 06-26-2022 at 05:45 PM.