Setting up a T-REX 450 SE V2 Kit - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Setting up a T-REX 450 SE V2 Kit

Old 11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
chopper1one
Chopper

Exclamation Setting up a T-REX 450 SE V2 Kit

Hi, I'm new here and I just bought the T-REX 450 SE V2 Kit, 430XL, 35X ESC, 2100 3s lipo Black. It is not even in the mail yet. I already have a Futaba 6EX Transmitter(T6EX) W/Reciever(R606FS) and a Futaba GY401 Gyro. I did some research on this Heli . I don't know if I should get a Futaba 9254 digital tail servo with the step down regulator or the Futaba 9650 servo. also do you have any recomendations on any other parts I may have missed and were to go for info on asembly and setup? I just love this Heli and have had my eye on it for two years
Old 11-27-2008, 01:36 PM
dizzymarkus

Hate to see a post go unanswered and from a felow Ny'er :0)

I currently run all JR in my SA and it runs like a BMW lol

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRPF300H
kinda pricey but I like the outcome -- all digital and use the stock esc etc handles it great lots of pop with CF blades.

I like the JR 3500g better -- no step down and real close specs to the ones you listed.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=JRPS3500G

A good set of hex wrenchs, pitch gauge, swash leveler(not needed but handy), small screwdriver set, and a crash kit lol

A wealth of info is available here:
http://www.trextuning.com/index.php

and the article you are looking for is here:
http://www.trextuning.com/setuptrex.php

Hope some of this helps, I'm in Oswego,Ny maybe we can hook up in the spring and cruise around we have several fields here.

Markus
Old 11-27-2008, 02:43 PM
chopper1one
Chopper

Thumbs up Thanks for the advice

It is kind of difficult to get around all these web sites at first. I'm getting used to it as I go. Your advice has helped greatly. This is just what I am looking for. I'd like to get out there to fly some time. It sounds like a good weekend trip. It will have to be after I get over the crash faze of flying.
lol
Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
bassplayinDude

When you finally get all your parts together, head over to www.helifreak.com , sign up for a free account and download all of Finless Bob's TRex setup videos. The videos will help you build the heli from the ground up, show you how to get the best setup possible and give you important pieces of knowledge on why things work the way they do with this heli.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

looks like you have a great start with a trex SE v2 and what looks like a good basic radio: rchelimag.com/pages/scopes.php?scope=13&page=2

you didn't mention cyclic servos, the defacto standard is the HS65, and I have to say I moved up to them and love them myself for my 450.

Have all your pieces gathered up yet? You should end up loving that machine. Do you have other helis, a sim?