Carbon Fiber blades for honey bee CP2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Carbon Fiber blades for honey bee CP2

Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 AM
yumscrunt

Default Carbon Fiber blades for honey bee CP2

Hi, I just bought a Honey Bee CP2 and still doing radds training. Almost ready for hovering. I ordered carbon fiber blades to compensate for the bumpers that i will be using as a modified training gear. This is to keep the blades from being the first thing to hit the wall or floor for indoor flying. It should help with outdoors too. Keeps heli from being less likely to tip over. It also helps to keep the heli level. I using lightweight carbon fiber rods. Pictures on on "Welcome to the new Beginner forum for budding rc heli pilots " thread.

I would like to hear from those of you that have carbon fiber blades for the honey bee Cp2. I have read about tail rotor strikes, the heli being more stable, too responsive, not recommended for beginners ..........

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 AM
Flint

Hello, I also have the HB CP2 and I have installed the carbon fiber blades..I used the E-Flite blade though. Mine flys great with them, but you MUST have the hop up kit or it won't come off the ground. Also I would get the heavy duty landing gear for it. I bought mine at helidirect.com. Hope you have fun with it. I too am a beginner and actually got mine off the ground for 30 sec and landed it perfectly..... Good Luck.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:39 AM
yumscrunt

Thanks for replying.

What hop up kit do you recommend? Have you had any problems with tail rotor strikes with the CF Blades?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Flint

I bought mine with the hop up kit. i think its the 9 tooth pinion with the li-po battery. Any ways With the E-Flight blades they do not hit. Well mine dont anyways. If I can remeber I'll take a pic of mine so you can see the upgrades I have done.