Anyone like the Eflite Blade Msr - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Anyone like the Eflite Blade Msr

Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
sam94

Default Anyone like the Eflite Blade Msr

Just phoned the LHS and Reserved my Eflite Blade msr, i will be picking it up soon.

So this heli looks awesome in the videos, but ..well..they always make it look better in the videos, so whats your personal opinions.

Is it a great heli, what makes it good?

Or is it bad, I kinda hope none of you will say bad as i have ordered it now.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
singingperry

Fear not, it flies exactly like it does in the videos. Its FAST and almost as stable as the mcx, will hover hands off. I did need to do a little trimming out of the box. I also unsnapped the links to each servo and turned each one in exactly one turn like I did with my mcx to increase forward flight speed. Don't forget the "performance mode". Some have put CA glue on the blade grips to beef them up and prevent breakage and the end cap to the tail rotor tends to pop off in a solid crash so they put a piece of tape over the end cap to hold it in place. I did this straight away and so far no problems. My Novus cp is now abandoned. The MSR is totally AWESOME outdoors in no wind, sometimes I can't get out of its way fast enough!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
mhab
Koax and more ...

What about flying time ?

The LiPo seems to be quite small to me ?

And what about motor life-span, any longer time experiences ?

I have a Walkera 4#3B (brushed version) and after 24 motors I am tired of spending a fortune just to keep it in the air ...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Talking Great

Overall a GREAT micro heli, I think. Glad I got this instead of the Sukhoi; maybe when version II comes out...

LOVE the battery charger that does 4 cells at once. That and it plugs in the house current. I wish they would have made it 12v compatible to use in the car but a set of D cells should last a good while. I might even get some rechargeables.

It also appears to have a slower shutdown at the end of the battery. The mCX is a little quicker and the Vapor just totally quits when the battery is used up.

I would not say it's as stable as the mCX but if you get it trimmed in good you can take your hands off for a few seconds.

The flight time is not as long as the mCx. I'd say about half. It's because the motor seems a LOT more powerful and the fact that you fly the mSR much harder than the mCX.

Fixed pitch flies a bit different than the collective pitch. The flybar is at an angle. Plus the guy is so small and fast. Could be that the flybar flexes during hard maneuvers which is what makes it want to veer.

My skids came off during a flight. Glued them back. It's a tough little heli and comes with some spare parts. All the stuff seems to have a bit more flies than the mCX.

I was also surprised that when the Horizon flyer arrived in the mail that the mSR was in the stores instead of having to wait for six months.

- - -

Anyone else having problems with the Tenergy 130mAh LiPo's?

Mine are newer than the E-flite but have gotten so I can not use them in anything but a Vapor. They just don't put out anymore. That and they fit a bit tight in stuff.

Common Sense has come out with these micro batteries but I've had some of my bigger CS LiPo's puff real bad.

I'm probably going to order some more LiPo's from Hobby City / King in China. They seem to sell batteries as fast as they can make them. After all that's where they all come from in the first place.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by mhab View Post
What about flying time ?

The LiPo seems to be quite small to me ?

And what about motor life-span, any longer time experiences ?

I have a Walkera 4#3B (brushed version) and after 24 motors I am tired of spending a fortune just to keep it in the air ...
I have my timer set to 5:30. The stock E-Flite battery hit LVC around 6:40 in the one test I tried. I bought some 130mAH CSRC batteries and like those better because less rudder trim is required after 4 minutes of flight.

I have a brushed 4#3b. If I flew my 4#3b as much as I've flown my mSR over the last week, I'd be on my 4th 4#3b motor by now. My mSR can take much more abuse than my 4#3b can.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default Motor

I had a motor quit in my mCX after a year. It just does not seem to fly the same anymore but a year's flying out of one of those tiny motors I think was good.

I expect the same from the mSR. We'll see...
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 AM
singingperry

Flew my msr out in the cul de sac, sometimes I'd hit a downdraft close to the ground and it would take a tumble on the asphalt at high speed but nothing broken. Athing or two would pop out of place at times but I'd pop 'em back in and it still flies true. Quite satisfactory times with the batteries considering the performance, very efficient motors. The msr flies forward faster than my Ember with the same batteries. Its an amazing machine! If trimmed properly the msr will float as slow as the mcx and hover solid but with just an ever so slight toilet bowl effect that is insignificant.

Last edited by singingperry; 09-24-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Talking Gyro

Flew it outdoors yesterday. Made some more adjustments.

Mine some times gets a little twitchy in the tail especially in a hover. I wish there was a gyro adjustment.

But it is good for such a small heli. I got it for indoor practice and it is helping a lot for flying the bigger stuff which do have gyro adjustments.

- - -

The mCX can only fly outdoors in NO wind.

The Vapor I've had in 5 mph winds.

The mSR flew fine yesterday in < 5 mph winds. I imagine it can take 5 mph winds easy.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:20 AM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Build Review Gyro Correction

Ok, for that drifting gyro when the battery starts dropping off. The mCX does it too but it does not bother me with it.

I have a DX7 and what I did was to program two custom mixes using the GEAR & AUX switches; you don't use them for anything. I programmed in 7% for each switch and you can flip either one for a little right rudder or both for 14% correction. Just remember to turn them OFF when you put in a new battery!

- - - - -

I also opted for separate dual rates. I rarely use the rudder dual rate. I also noticed that when you're getting on it hard it does not turn well to the right; but it turns like crazy to the left. That's because of the blade rotation and a fixed pitch tail rotor. Oh well, not much you can do. Just don't hit the fence full blast.

I almost want the TRex 250 now but it's five times more expensive.

- - - - -

I also had the LHS order me some of those new E-flite 150mAh LiPo's. What it looks like that E-flite did is make them longer rather than bigger around like Tenergy & Common Sense did. The E-flite 150's should slide right in the hole. My three Tenergy's have died at least for heli use; they might work OK in the Vapor.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 AM
autorail1

Yes i cant get my heli to stay in a hover longer than 45 seconds with the tenergy's. IT just fall slowly to the floor.

tenergy's. It w
Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
Overall a GREAT micro heli, I think. Glad I got this instead of the Sukhoi; maybe when version II comes out...

LOVE the battery charger that does 4 cells at once. That and it plugs in the house current. I wish they would have made it 12v compatible to use in the car but a set of D cells should last a good while. I might even get some rechargeables.

It also appears to have a slower shutdown at the end of the battery. The mCX is a little quicker and the Vapor just totally quits when the battery is used up.

I would not say it's as stable as the mCX but if you get it trimmed in good you can take your hands off for a few seconds.

The flight time is not as long as the mCx. I'd say about half. It's because the motor seems a LOT more powerful and the fact that you fly the mSR much harder than the mCX.

Fixed pitch flies a bit different than the collective pitch. The flybar is at an angle. Plus the guy is so small and fast. Could be that the flybar flexes during hard maneuvers which is what makes it want to veer.

My skids came off during a flight. Glued them back. It's a tough little heli and comes with some spare parts. All the stuff seems to have a bit more flies than the mCX.

I was also surprised that when the Horizon flyer arrived in the mail that the mSR was in the stores instead of having to wait for six months.

- - -

Anyone else having problems with the Tenergy 130mAh LiPo's?

Mine are newer than the E-flite but have gotten so I can not use them in anything but a Vapor. They just don't put out anymore. That and they fit a bit tight in stuff.

Common Sense has come out with these micro batteries but I've had some of my bigger CS LiPo's puff real bad.

I'm probably going to order some more LiPo's from Hobby City / King in China. They seem to sell batteries as fast as they can make them. After all that's where they all come from in the first place.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
sam94

Does anyone have the problem of when it starts to get lower on power then the heli will slowly drop to the floor, but even when i cut the power the rotors still spin and the heli's on its side spinning around.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Exclamation Chicken Dance

The Chicken Dance - the dance of death for a heli.

This happens with a low current, low voltage LiPo condition.

When the mSR lands the first time with a low battery DO NOT try to take off again, DO NOT try to stay airborne! The next time it lands it will not throttle down! Been there, done that.

I have found that my Tenergy LiPo's when they get a few months old do not have the current output needed for heli's. They still work in planes but not the mCX or especially the mSR. DO NOT use Tenergy in the mSR!

Get the 120mAh that come with the mSR or the NEW 150mAh E-Flite's that are available now. You might have to have the LHS order some for you. The new 4-Site micro that's coming out uses the 150's.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
RWP
Old school.

info

I am thinking of getting one and I see a lot of aluminum replacement parts for the MSR. Does anyone know if they are heaver than the stock parts? They look cool but if you are adding weight what is the use?

However I do see there is a set of bearing for the main rotor shaft. I suspect that is a good option for around 4 bucks.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
RWP
Old school.

Talking WOOT!

My MSR came today! Excellent deal from ebay seller hopmeup in SC. $149.00 with 6 batteries, free shipping. This thing is amazing; I am not an expert helo pilot but I can fly this thing little thing no problem around my living room. I am basically a tail in flier so far but having fun. Would recommend to anyone that has a CX or other similar helicopter to consider one.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
CarlosTomasso

@rvp
the aluminium parts are cool nice and more durable. they are not much more hevier then the stock parts (swash is 1gr same like stock)

if you buy all upgrade parts from microheli.com you will pay almost 90

but the heli looks great with it!!!

hope this helps
________________Tom
dx7
Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
RWP
Old school.

Originally Posted by CarlosTomasso View Post
@rvp
the aluminium parts are cool nice and more durable. they are not much more hevier then the stock parts (swash is 1gr same like stock)

if you buy all upgrade parts from microheli.com you will pay almost 90

but the heli looks great with it!!!

hope this helps
________________Tom
dx7
Thanks Tom,

I was thinking of adding the Rotor Hub, Swashplate, Main Blade Grips and Anti Coller. About $63.00, a bit much but it would look cool!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
slippery750

They are tough little bastards.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

As a first heli, could someone with rc car/airplane experience handle this one? I've played around with a couple choppers in the free FMS simulator, so I'm starting to get the concepts.

I want something to fly indoors on a rainy day (in the house). Should I instead get one of the coaxle types? I want BNF for my DX6i transmitter.

Initially all i wanna do is standard up/down, left/right stuff.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
slippery750

Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
As a first heli, could someone with rc car/airplane experience handle this one? I've played around with a couple choppers in the free FMS simulator, so I'm starting to get the concepts.

I want something to fly indoors on a rainy day (in the house). Should I instead get one of the coaxle types? I want BNF for my DX6i transmitter.

Initially all i wanna do is standard up/down, left/right stuff.
If your just starting I would get an Eflite mcx. They are small enough to fly indoors, very tough but cheap to fix and slow enough to learn on. You could get an MSR but they are much faster and would be harder to learn on.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
RWP
Old school.

Originally Posted by slippery750 View Post
If your just starting I would get an Eflite mcx. They are small enough to fly indoors, very tough but cheap to fix and slow enough to learn on. You could get an MSR but they are much faster and would be harder to learn on.
Agree, although the MSR is really stable, if you have no experience at all the MCX is a better choice. Actually, if you have access to a sim that is the best starter platform.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by slippery750 View Post
thanks for the tip. which one do you suggest?

Blade mCX BNF $89.99

Blade mCX S300 BNF $79.99

sam...sorry, I'm hijacking this thread
Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
RWP
Old school.

I think they are the same airframe with different bodies. They compare the same on the Horizon site.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 PM
slippery750

Yeah they are the same, just the S300 is not a popular cuz of the "bubble" style canopy and therefore a little cheaper. I have the S300, it flies great and now my girlfriend is learning on it.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Toby B

To answer the 'can a new heli pilot fly one?'-

Yes, yes I did. The saver is to make yourself some training 'wheels' out of music wire.
Make 'em longer than the blades, and then bend them down an inch or so so that you
get good 'bounce' when your plane instincts kick in and you kill the throttle and try to
stall it!

I've been having a blast all weekend...

t
Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Talking

Hi
I fly lots of different types of helis
Coax FP and CP from micro up to 450 size
Got and MSR last week and WOW
And i must say that she is "My Soul Reason" for flying lately, Get it MSR and is hands down a winner, cant hardly put down the TX
Take care
Hank

Last edited by kenchiroalpha; 08-15-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone like the Eflite Blade Msr

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15210 seconds with 12 queries