EyeTop Centra DVD units $199 TYD!!!!! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Field Equipment For Sale & WTB Buy & Sell field equipment and accessories here. Free to buy or sell!

EyeTop Centra DVD units $199 TYD!!!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
EyeTop Dave

Thumbs up EyeTop Centra DVD units $199 TYD!!!!!

Hello all,
I have EyeTop Centra units for sale directly from the factory. They are guaranteed to be factory new. I have a limited supply of these and when they are gone they will be gone.
These units include the DVD player and carry bag. I don't have any that don't include this because the cost is almost the same. I have sold many of these to guys on here and other RC message boards.
If you are interested in these either PM me here or shoot me an email at [email protected]. I do take PayPal at that address and if you send me payment by 3:00pm central time I do everything I can to ship that day. I always ship USPS Priority Mail free to all 50 states. If you are outside of that please contact me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
EyeTop Dave

Last edited by EyeTop Dave; 01-02-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 PM
EyeTop Dave

Hey all. I am going to paste this into a new thread as well but I want to let everyone know before they get some part parts.

The company that made EyeTop's was owned by a company here in town. ALL of the old stock is here and that is what I have been selling. I sell ONLY NEW EyeTop's that did not sell.

PROBLEM is some NON WORKING EyeTop's were put in the dumpster and someone raided them. Then sold them off to a place that is listing them on eBay right now. These are junk units that are not working. Please do NOT buy from them.

Another person is selling them on eBay and he may have legit units I do not know. I do NOT care if you buy from this other guy (asking 219.99 + 19.99 shipping) but please do NOT buy from asset-recycling-services. They are selling DEAD units. I will back up any unit I sell so that if you get a problem unit I will replace a bad part. THEY CAN'T do that.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for your support. Email me at [email protected] or PM me if you have any questions.

EyeTop Dave
Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
EyeTop Dave

Default $220 Shipped starting 8/13/07

OK everyone here is what is happening. My supplier is telling me that starting Monday August 13th any orders I get in I can sell for $220 shipped to you lower 48. He is coming by on Sunday to get paid for all I have sold thru then and get me some more. If you want to pay $220 now you can but I can't ship until Monday. I have to have it when he shows up on Sunday.

He said he will bring me some more and that we are getting towards the end. Thanks to everyone that has purchased and anyone that is interested please email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you right away.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Can you link me to a pic with details? Is this the unit with 1 screen?

I tried to google it, but got a bunch of mixed results

thanks-
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
EyeTop Dave

Here are all the details written on the box:
As for pictures send me an email and I will email them to you. My address is [email protected]

Eyetop DVD is the FIRST WEARABLE DVD Player. Featuring exclusive Eyetop eyewear display technology.

- Large, comfortable color LCD virtual screen in the eyeglasses.
- Fully adjustable for unmatched comfort.
- Reads almost any disc format.
- Up to 4 hours of uninterrupted use.
- Versatile system, elements can be used separately.
- Included ear buds provide rich stereo sound.

EyeTop DVD Pack Plus includes: Eyetop Centra audio/video glasses + portable DVD/MP3/CD player + Livewalk Daypack travel bag.

This box contains:
- Eyetop Centra audio/video glasses + control unit (requires 4 AA batteries, not supplied) with belt clip + soft protection pouch + retainer.
- Portable DVD Player + remote controller + rechargeable Li-Ion battery + charger + power supply.
- Audio/video cables.
- Eyetop Livewalk Daypack custom protective carrying bag for the eyeglasses, control unit and DVD player.
- User manual.

Eyetop Centra:

A virtual high quality screen.
Extreme comfort in viewing any video or still images.
- Sharp and brilliant 24-bit color image.
- Daylight readable.
- Up to 7 hours of viewing comfort.
- Stereo sound in eyewear-attached ear buds.
- Full video settings on belt-worn control unit.
Extreme wearability and portability.
- Lightweight at 2.11 oz. (60g).
- Anti-scratch UV 50% filtering lens.
- Portable, you can take it everywhere

Video eyeglasses may be used with other video source devices: camcorder, multimedia hard drive, video game, computer with AV output or VCR.

Portable DVD Player:

Ultra thin high quality versatile player.
- read most available formats: DVD/CD/MP3
- Up to 4 hours of uninterrupted use.
- Includes long life rechargeable Li-ion battery, with charger and AC power supply.
- NTSC/Pal compatible.
- Fast forward/backward (x2, x4, x8, x16, x32).
- Slow Play.
- Repeat function.
- Electronic zoom.
- 8 levels of parental control.
- Includes wireless remote control.
- Can be connected to a regular TV with standard audio/video input.

Livewalk Daypack:

The ultimate personal video travel bag.
- Hidden wire system due to internal cut outs and cable paths.
- Padded pouch to store and protect the DVD player.
- Dedicated control unit pouch, located above the video pouch.
- Exclusive, hidden rain proof cover.
- 2 side pouches: one to protect the eyewear when not worn and another one for a cell phone or a small power supply.
Designed for active life styles.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:40 PM
EyeTop Dave

Thank you all who have ordered. You spreading the word like you all have tells me you are all very happy with your EyeTop's.

Anyone interested in a set can PayPal me at [email protected] for $220 and I will ship same or next business day depending when payment comes in. I ship USPS Priority Mail to lower 48. If you are elsewhere email me or pm me for details.

Thank you all,
Dave
Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 PM
maximal
Aaand theeeen?

I've been very happy with my EyeTop glasses. I really wasn't sure if, or how well, they would work for downlink monitoring while taking pictures, but at this price decided to give it a try. They've worked out perfectly for me-- I can easily keep track of the airplane while still glancing at the downlink image (does take some getting used to). They even work well in full sunlight, which was a nice surprise (something no LCD screen I've tried can do well w/out burying your face in a shade first).

As a bonus, I turned the included "daypack" into a ground station. I wear it strapped over my left shoulder, which puts the Rx/antenna mast sticking almost straight up behind me.

Thanks again Dave!

-Max
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ground_station.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	38058  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
EyeTop Dave

Max I am glad to hear they are working so well for you. I like what you did with the carry bag.

Anyone interested in a set please email me at [email protected] or send me a PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
EyeTop Dave

Thanks for all the referrals guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
EyeTop Dave

Still have units available. $220 to your door USPS Priority Mail lower 48. Email with ANY and ALL questions to [email protected].

Thanks everyone for your business.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:05 PM
EyeTop Dave

All pm's and emails have been answered. Thank you to all who have purchased. I do still have some so if you are interested please email me at [email protected].
Old 09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
EyeTop Dave

ttt. Thank you all for the orders. I will do my best to get all orders shipped same day.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
EyeTop Dave

I still have these. $220 shipped to ALL 50 states. I also can now ship overseas if anyone is looking for anything over there. Email me for shipping costs at [email protected].
Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
EyeTop Dave

Hello again,
I now have these for only $199 TYD All 50 states USPS Priority Mail. I can ship to US, Canada and Australia. Please contact me if you are interested. These are NEW from the factory. I have a contact there and YES they are out of business. I am selling off their remaining inventory. I guarantee that these are NEW and not reconditioned. Several on here have bought from me so if they would like to post on here they can. I do not want to point them out. If I am violating any rules on here I am sorry and I will stop. I am NOT a vendor so to speak. I just have access to their remaining inventory and I am helping them get something for them. Once they are gone they are gone. My email is [email protected]. You can get them from me directly or on eBay. Just do a search on eBay for EyeTop and look for user hoyt1417.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has purchased from me in the past. I have been waiting to get a price reduction and this is it. I have all that I can get so when I sell what I have left they are gone forever.

Thank you.
Dave
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
EyeTop Dave

Thanks to all who have ordered. I still have a supply for $199 each shipped to all 50 states. Get ready now for the spring season. It will get here faster then you think.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:16 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

What exactly are these used for? I feel like I've missed some great secret of the R/C addon world, and I'm fairly certain folks aren't buying these so they can watch Rocky IV at the same time they're flying their planes.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
bsoder

FPV flying.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
EyeTop Dave

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
What exactly are these used for? I feel like I've missed some great secret of the R/C addon world, and I'm fairly certain folks aren't buying these so they can watch Rocky IV at the same time they're flying their planes.
Seems most use the with cameras on helicopters. They put the receiver in the DVD carry bag and hook it up to the glasses. This way they can watch their heli and still see what the camera is seeing. Works great on sunny days because LCD screens are impossible to see in the sun.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

I gotcha. So the DVD player is really negligible to the FPV setup, and just a bonus pretty much since the cost is the same to sell them with or without?

Most people using 2.4Ghz (or maybe 5.8Ghz) video systems for this type of setup? I'd love some FPV action. Saw one setup a while back where the guy had a head-tracking unit on his hat, too, and anytime he'd move his head left, right, up, or down, the on-board camera would pan and tilt. Very sweet.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
EyeTop Dave

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
I gotcha. So the DVD player is really negligible to the FPV setup, and just a bonus pretty much since the cost is the same to sell them with or without?

Most people using 2.4Ghz (or maybe 5.8Ghz) video systems for this type of setup? I'd love some FPV action. Saw one setup a while back where the guy had a head-tracking unit on his hat, too, and anytime he'd move his head left, right, up, or down, the on-board camera would pan and tilt. Very sweet.
Some have hooked up the DVD player to a bedroom TV or whatever. No it is not needed for the FPV. I only have the units with it so that is all I have to sell. The company did not make too many with only the glasses as that is where all the real cost was. Most like the carry bag and DVD player just in case.

I am not sure what type of video systems people are using. I got a hold of these thru a friend that did not want to deal with internet sales so I handle that part for him.

I hope this has been of some help to you. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 PM
EyeTop Dave

I still have some of these. Get ready for spring now.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
EyeTop Dave

Still have a supply left. I am told the price will remain here until all are gone. Thanks to all of you who have purchase. I hope your EyeTop's are working they way you expected them to. Anyone interested you can email me at [email protected]. I take PayPal at that address and $199 gets them shipped to your door ALL 50 States. Outside of the US please email me for shipping rates.

Thanks all,
Dave
Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
EyeTop Dave

New thread started.