Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Scratchbuilt Foamies

Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by bowtie hi View Post
There you are again Chellie. Up late past my bedtime.

Ken
Hi Ken Its the weekend and we get an extra hours sleep too, how have you been ? hope you have not been behaving yourself to much :p
I snuck over to RCG, I dont think they saw me and one guy there has some high speed motors for sale for 25.00 + free shipping thats making a pusher jet go over 100mph, at that price, i just have to have one Take care and have a great weekend, Chellie
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM
bowtie hi

I been up watching the skunks we feed on the back deck. Had 3 come up tonight. One is a small one & there really getting used to us threw the glass door. Tonight my sister was on the floor with her nose almost on the glass with one of them with its nose on the glass. Lets put them 2" apart. We have had 7 differant so far. One almost all black. Le Pew. And we had a solid white except black boots . Skunk Holler USA Airplanes LTD.

Ken
Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I been up watching the skunks we feed on the back deck. Had 3 come up tonight. One is a small one & there really getting used to us threw the glass door. Tonight my sister was on the floor with her nose almost on the glass with one of them with its nose on the glass. Lets put them 2" apart. We have had 7 differant so far. One almost all black. Le Pew. And we had a solid white except black boots . Skunk Holler USA Airplanes LTD.

Ken
Thats cute when i took my boys fishing, when they were younger, I would clean the fish, make a brine of lawry's seasoning salt and sugar, with a little soy sauce, and soak the fish overnight in that, then smoke it, I bought a little chief smoker at wallmart and some hickory and apple wood, i mixed the apple wood and hickory half and half, the apple wood has a sweetness to it, we used to live in the foothills, and had bears, skunks, racoons, rattle snakes, deer, mountain lions, you name it, come down and visit , when I made that smoke fish, the racoons would come over for a visit, and for some fresh smoked trout :p those racoon were big too, they loved my smoked trout, as much as i did take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-11-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

ummm ummm ummmm smoked fish apple chips is the way to go
Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 AM
bowtie hi

Great night for skunk watching. I had one come up and take a chicken bone out of my hand. Hot wings. Then came and took a piece of snickers from between my fingers. Sweet tooth !.

Got glue drying on Blue Baby 41".

I like orange wood to smoke with. Nut wood is good also. Apple is good but hickory is to strong for my taste.

Happy Daze

Ken
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

what kind of nut wood.My neighbor has an orange tree hmmm.I agree hickory is not only strong but slightly bitter but not as bitter as mesquite.Trout is my prefered fish but last time i did lean (not too fatty) catfish and i liked it too.Chellie i smoke my fish in a weber old style bar b que just have to use 6 or less charcoal and replace them every hour.Oh and 366$ sounds affordable to power a 20 $ foamie that must be a 40 - 60 sized brushless motor huh.I sure hope the dam thing flies i've wanted to model the B 2 for a long time.I did a 60 inch one 2 years ago but never flew it. its a long story i'll tell ya sometime .go to the other scrath built foamy thread and read my complete blog on the build of this one .Oh and your planes are really awesome Chellie t. c. Al
Old 11-11-2007, 06:40 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
what kind of nut wood.My neighbor has an orange tree hmmm.I agree hickory is not only strong but slightly bitter but not as bitter as mesquite.Trout is my prefered fish but last time i did lean (not too fatty) catfish and i liked it too.Chellie i smoke my fish in a weber old style bar b que just have to use 6 or less charcoal and replace them every hour.Oh and 366$ sounds affordable to power a 20 $ foamie that must be a 40 - 60 sized brushless motor huh.I sure hope the dam thing flies i've wanted to model the B 2 for a long time.I did a 60 inch one 2 years ago but never flew it. its a long story i'll tell ya sometime .go to the other scrath built foamy thread and read my complete blog on the build of this one .Oh and your planes are really awesome Chellie t. c. Al
Hi Alpea how much does you B2 weigh, if its about 8 lbs, a Towerpro 3520-07, 5 cell lipo and a 60 amp esc for about 140.00 will fly it, Chellie

Thank you for the complements
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Great night for skunk watching. I had one come up and take a chicken bone out of my hand. Hot wings. Then came and took a piece of snickers from between my fingers. Sweet tooth !.

Got glue drying on Blue Baby 41".

I like orange wood to smoke with. Nut wood is good also. Apple is good but hickory is to strong for my taste.

Happy Daze

Ken
Hi Ken your right hickory is a little strong, thats why i mix it with the apple wood, and it yummy that way, i like a little hickory flavor, but not to much, Take care, Chellie
Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 AM
bowtie hi

I used some pecan that I liked real well. Peach is lots like apple = (great)
Tried most all wood but orange is my fav.

Chellie ??? What kind of Xtals did you use in your Corona receivers ? And if you still have them send me an email. I'm needing a 6 channel Corona or something as good at a steal. I have one of the new Corona rec's that don't use a xtal but havn't fired it up yet. Will put it in the B B 41" when its done. I spend to much time playing with the skunks. Ha !

Ken In skunk hollow
Old 11-11-2007, 06:53 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Ken Email sent
Old 11-11-2007, 07:12 AM
bowtie hi

Hi Sweetie Return sent back to ya.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Sweetie Return sent back to ya.
Hi Ken here is the thread I was talking about using the Futaba crystals in the corona receiver, Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...rona+receivers
Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Here is a picture of my scratch built Katana. I have just started it a couple of days ago.Got it cut out paper removed and some paint work done.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

This one shows a little different angle and you can see i don't have anything inside the fuse yet.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Well she is all finished and ready for the maiden.Not today though.
Too windy and we have fresh snow to plow. Here is the finished pic.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Looks great Crash, the graphics look very cool
Old 12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
bowtie hi

Well Smoke are you going JAP with Joe. Im not going to back the 11 car anymore. Im proud to be an American (sometimes). And I will continue to back my CHEVY's.

Ken maybe 31 fan
Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Prof100

Very nice looking plane. Great craftsmanship. Post picts or video of the maiden.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:50 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Crashalott View Post
Well she is all finished and ready for the maiden.Not today though.
Too windy and we have fresh snow to plow. Here is the finished pic.

Very Very Nice Job, That sure looks Sweet, Can I fly Her First Take care, Chellie
Old 12-30-2007, 05:50 AM
CaptainCub

Those planes are amazing Crashalott. The Christen Eagle sure looks pretty! Is it hard to build foamies from scratch or relatively straight forward? I want to try my hand at it sometime soon .
Old 12-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Hey there Smoke, thanks for the good words, i enjoy the painting as much as the build.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Hey there Prof,thanks for the compliment. I can't post any video i don't have cam or anyone to operate.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Hey there Chellie, thanks for the compliment.You might be too late to fly her first as i am considering doing it this mourning.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Hey Thanks Captaincub,
No its not hard to build these planes out of Foamboard and there is lots of information about building them on these forums.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Well i done the Maiden this mourning and boy the first flight was wild. The second flight after adjusting the right aileron was a little better but still wanted to bank left too much. I figured i didn't have enough eng. thrust so i redone the mount and gave her more right thrust. It should be close now. I will try again in the mourning if the wind is down.

Quick Reply: Scratchbuilt Foamies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.18648 seconds with 11 queries