Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Reload this Page >

The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

Old 04-05-2020, 12:14 AM
GBLynden

Default The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

This is my Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm Unboxing & Review video.

Review Notes for this RC Airplane from Hobby King:

Pros:
- Very nice finish on the paint
- The wood prop looks really cool
- Robust landing gear
- Steerable tail wheel
- This is a four-channel plane for a full experience

Cons:
- The manual was simplified, but left you to your own experience to fill in some of the blanks.
- The battery bay could be better suited for the recommended battery.

I will update this with more videos & other details over time

Link to Durafly Ugly Stick RC Plane: https://bit.ly/345Xgrs
Old 04-05-2020, 11:49 PM
GBLynden

This is my Maiden Flight Review In Strong Wind:

Old 04-15-2020, 05:06 PM
cameraboy5

GB,
Thanks for the posts and video's. Just received mine this past Saturday and had a chance to build it yesterday. Never had a Durafly kit before and you are correct. A few items left to the imagination in the instructions. Never did get the supplied screws to fit the control horn on the vertical stab. Just not long enough but I did have the correct size in my parts box. Still not too certain on the tail wheel clearance on the horizontal stab when in full down position. May modify that at a later time. I was baffled for a short time once everything was assembled and hooked up the electrics for a bench test. Everything worked as suppose to except the motor would not turn. Reconnected the motor wires and even switch them around but no luck. The motor was getting power because there was some resistance when turning it by hand but would not turn on its own. After messing with it for a while, I decided to try a different ESC (FT 35A) and it worked just fine after that. I'm guessing the included Turnigy 30A was faulty. I'll check it later. Did a couple taxi runs in the basement and everything seems good. Just trying to find the perfect nose weight to install before its maiden. Also added a couple bright orange stripes to the underside of the wing for reference since both the top and bottom are identical. Thanks again I will keep you posted. Scott
Old 07-21-2020, 06:50 AM
Numbthumbs
Master of Bisaster

I've had my eye on this one but I fly only off of grass. Think the landing gear would support?
Old 09-21-2020, 12:59 AM
GBLynden

Hi Numbthumbs! It is not one I would recommend for grass as the plate just screws into the foam. If you wanted to add something to make it stronger, it might just work

Cameraboy5, how did it all work out for you?

GB