ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Aerobird Xtreme Build

Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 AM
lafuerza

Default Aerobird Xtreme Build

Qualifier: I know there are better planes to do projects with but I really like the way the Aerobird Xtreme flies and floats especially in windy conditions not to mention it really can take some serious abuse (had one I crashed into a roof then got rained on for 2 days and still flew - still regret selling it). This is my first project in 20 years - used to build balsa planes. Goal is to have a well powered glider for generally windy coastal conditions.

Parts I have on hand:

Brand New Aerobird Xtreme (might sell all new stock electronics if anyone is interested)
Aerobird 3
Dx6i Tx/AR6100e rx
Xport Pro-Tail (coroplast one with large control surface and pushrods)
E-Flite Ds75h servos
E-Flite 25amp Brushless heli esc with lvc
1800 and 2200 3s 20C Lipos

I am looking for ideas if I can use these parts, build, and new part selection like brushless motors, props, and how to install the electronics. Open to using stock motor but with lipos since I have them. If you have spares lying around I am open to buying. Pictures are very helpful. The simpler the build the better.

I will probably finish things off with a camera mounted on the outside and fly along the northern California coastline when done, whenever that is.

Thanks for ideas upfront ...
Old 02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
ap_rpm

Default ABX Brushless and conventional tail conversion

Hi Lafuerza,
I will post some pics of my converted ABX when at home.
basically I got rid of the stock electronics, replacing the motor for a brushless system and added 2 micro servos and removed the V-tail replacing it for a conventional tail with rudder and elevator and steerable tail wheel (but still can install the V-tail if I want to).
I added two 2200 lipo batt in parallel for more than 45 min flight, also attached a FlycamOne2 under the wing with velcro.

you will see it and probably will like it for your project, I have several other planes but somehow I love my ABX.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0252.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	120476   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0249.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	120477   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0250.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	120478   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0251.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	120479   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0253.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	120480  

Last edited by ap_rpm; 02-13-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 02-15-2010, 02:32 AM
lafuerza

This is awesome. Thanks. What tail is that?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 PM
ap_rpm

Hi, I'm glad you like it.

basically, I copy the shape of the original V-Tail, but flat, the same with the fin and rudder, I made it same way but cut it in half.

As you can see in the last picture I cut them out of a piece of foan board and painted them yellow after and removed the original decals from the stock V-tail and sticked on my new stabilizer.

Regards,
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 AM
dboanca

Default stock electronics

If you still have stock electronics for sale I'm interested !!!
Do you have Paypal ?
Thank you, Dragomir.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:12 AM
lafuerza

Dboanca,
I do have the electronics. I basically have brand new board (receiver, esc, servos) and radio. Might be able to provide the motor too if your really interested in all the electronics.
How does $45 sound, I cover shipping (conus) and paypal fees. I do have paypal.
Lafuerza
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
dboanca

Default Sorry, too much

Thank you, but it's too much.

http://www.gohobbies.com/itemHBZ-6546.html
Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
lafuerza

Your right seems like a lot. It does include the new radio though. CBatters does repairs on boards for $25. Give me an offer of what makes sense for you compared to the $50 for a new one. I'm not attached to the stuff.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
dboanca

Sorry, but I already ordered new one.
Thank you, anyway.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
ap_rpm

Hi Lafuerza and Nick, I tried to reply to private messages but for some reason is not working.
I have installed a RIMFIRE 28-30-950KV OUTRUNNER MOTOR and a 7x5 inches prop.
Also I cut the boom 4 inches for balancing since I installed a 2200 mAh LIPO and it is lighter than the stock battery.

Regards,
Old 05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
DragonWeezel

Default This was one of my first planes! A CL Special!

I still have it in my hangar, with spare wings, Fuse, and more for this type of project. You've re-lit my ABX fire! Thanks!

How did you mount the motor inside, looks like you did some cutting. Any reason you didn't mount to stock location?

I have a V-tail made out of black corrugated plastic, but since aftermarket rods are SO heavy, I'm thinking about mounting two pico servos physically on the tail and using really long extensions to connect them inside the boom. Should be about the same weight but give me better response, and longer travel. I too was planning on using twin 2200's in parallel.

Love the tail Idea! I've a spare SC tail I may retrofit. Tail steering sounds great because the ABX doesn't do squat for ground handling. I'd still want to mount the servos to the tail for faster response, and more travel. Dang that boom is long!

Really really want ailerons, but they aren't necessary. (was kind of thinking a gyro on that channel would make the plane "super smooth" for AP. It's a great AP platform as it just sticks in the air like glue.

Has anyone put a folding prop on one of these?
wow, thanks for the thread... memories...
Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 PM
lafuerza

I finally have all my bits and pieces together so will start the build. I am not much of a blogger so here is what is going in:

Spektrum Radio Gear
Pro-Tail
Custom Servo/ESC Gear
Turnigy Plush ESC
Turnigy 3530 Motor
Gonna try the stock prop otherwise will put a 7x5 or 8x6 and cut tips.
2200 Lipo or maybe 2 in parallel ( think that's right series has too much juice)
This way I can remove the second battery when the camera gets mounted because i don't want to shorten the boom.
I also have a couple gyros I might experiment with to see if I can keep it flat given the wind buffeting that happens.

I reinforced the wings with packing tape (clear) and the leading edge with Gorrilla tape (very strong and can take a prop hit without damaging the wing). Put nonslip material where the wings mount so they don't move in flight. Thinking of adding an extra down to hold the custom radio board.

I know there are much better planes for this type of thing but I like this one.

In San Francisco we have strong coastal winds and as you go higher its easy to loose the plane in a "jet stream" of sorts. I had my pre-mod one up so high I could barely see it (had a spotter with binoculars to bring it down). Was forced to do a steep spiral dive but luckily the wing held up.

This will be my AV platform trainer as I have a Cularis on the way for future Video and hopefully FPV flights. At 105" it makes 55" wingspan of the Xtreme look like child's play.

Let me know what you end up doing
Old 05-31-2010, 03:28 PM
ap_rpm

Originally Posted by DragonWeezel View Post
I still have it in my hangar, with spare wings, Fuse, and more for this type of project. You've re-lit my ABX fire! Thanks!

How did you mount the motor inside, looks like you did some cutting. Any reason you didn't mount to stock location?

I have a V-tail made out of black corrugated plastic, but since aftermarket rods are SO heavy, I'm thinking about mounting two pico servos physically on the tail and using really long extensions to connect them inside the boom. Should be about the same weight but give me better response, and longer travel. I too was planning on using twin 2200's in parallel.

Love the tail Idea! I've a spare SC tail I may retrofit. Tail steering sounds great because the ABX doesn't do squat for ground handling. I'd still want to mount the servos to the tail for faster response, and more travel. Dang that boom is long!

Really really want ailerons, but they aren't necessary. (was kind of thinking a gyro on that channel would make the plane "super smooth" for AP. It's a great AP platform as it just sticks in the air like glue.

Has anyone put a folding prop on one of these?
wow, thanks for the thread... memories...

Hi DragonWeezel, thanks for looking at my modifications on this plane.
basically I made the cut for the motor because I was using other motor with rear mounting different than the current RIMFIRE, then I had to cut a piece of wood with the internal shape of that part of the fuselage, but currently I'm using the stock motor location.

I keep modifiying this bird, now I cut the boom 4 inches to reduce the tail weight and just use a single 2200 lipo battery instead of two in parallel, in this way I'm reducing a considerable weight and still performs very well in the air with a 15 - 20 minutes flying time.

In my opinion if you add those servos at the tail, you will add lot off weight then for sure you will need to cut the boom a litte bit and use the two 2200 parallel for balancing.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Ap_rpm
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
maiochine

Hi all,

I started with a Firebird Commander in 2004 and few weeks ago I started tuning it up to make it an FPV RC plane, but than I realized that I need a wider body and greater wingspan so I bought an Aerobird Xtreme empty fuselage and it's relative wing and V tail.

The first thing I did is that I changed the motor to Brushless EMAX 1180Kv a 30A ESC 8X4'' (20-10cm) Graupner CAM prop.two servos and Futaba T6J 2.4GHz transmitter and the R2006GS receiver.

I am about to test the ship but I need somebodies help... since I never flew the Xtreme before I wanted to know what is the max. payload weight an Xtreme can liftoff usually.

I am thinking to put 2 separate batteries one for the FPV system and the other one for the motor and flight controls.

I still didn't take the weight of the plane but soon I will post some pics. about all the details I done with it and the final weight without payload or batteries.

Thanks in advance

Maio
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 AM
CreativeRC

I Modified an ABX with a brushless Super Tigre .10 Motor.

I bought an ABX wing, fuslage, and tail separately, parts on sale, three years ago but could not fly it because I could not locate a transmitter with the correct frequency. Flew the wing on a Skyfly a few times and was impressed with how it flew.

This year, I decided to put in together bypassing the stock setup as there were too many problems reported with it and trying to modify the frequency on a Tx was not possible without soldering in the correct crystal. I read the posts where some had upgraded theirs to brushless and decided that was the route to go.

Here are the upgrades. Super Tigre .10 mounted on the outside, bolted (#6 bolts with locknuts) on a piece of 3/8 plywood, 1/4 inch plywood bulkhead on the inside makes it all structurally sound, Parkzone Mustang BL 9 inch propeller and prop adapter with 1.5 inch spinner, Spektrum Rx to go with my DX8, 30 amp E-flite ESC, Parkzone 2,200 mah battery, Parkzone 130 digital servos mounted on the sides, thin control rods mounted with clear hockey tape outside the boom (got rid of the fishlines, had previously done same on the original Skyfly), stock tail (for now), glued pieces of foam together to make a battery bay, Rx is velcro-ed under battery bay in front of landing gear with its remote velcro-ed at rear bottom of fuselage. The ESC is velcro-ed high on the curved side of the of the fuzelage, replaced the wheels with 3" narrow Dave Brown Lite Flite Wheels. Mounted a counterweight boom up front to make it balance, rather than add extra weight in the fuselage. Added a plastic skid at tail. It all come in at 2 lbs-4oz, same as stock but does not fly at all like the stock setup described in these forums.

With a fresh battery, it takes off on grass within 15 feet, will fly up vertically, do loops with ease, even do rolls with Tx D/R third setting and speed. The rolls are not crisp of course, but rolls nonetheless. I admit it does not fly like a PZ Mustang BL on a Power 10, but it does fly rather interestingly with this V-tail setup. The strong wing takes the extra speed and wild manoeuvres with ease without apparent bending. It floats in rather gracefully for landings. The controls are sensitive, so I fly mostly with the first D/R setting reserving the other two for aerobatics. I removed the Exponential I had dialed in because it caused the plane to rock in the air.

Since I have a habit of modifying the planes I have (12 now), this one will get a few more. A vertical and horizontal stabilizer and yes ailerons will certainly change the way this set-up will fly. I have also taken two wings, cut and glued them together to make a whopping 74 inch wing (compared to 55 inch stock). I doweled the cut rod with solid Carbon rod and there is room to add two small solid carbon rods to reinforce the wing further. Looking forward to trying this new wing, should make if float even nicer, thermals, we shall see. Yep, RC flying is fun.

Creative RC
Old 05-06-2012, 12:45 PM
CreativeRC

Default A Pterodactyl but Not Yet Extinct !

Here are some photos of the ABX (Pterodactyl) modificaitons with .10 Super Tigre Motor. It is May 2012 and the ABX Xtreme is not extinct yet ....... one remains alive !

(I use more elastics to fly it, 6 in total)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120502-00293.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	159722

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120502-00301.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	159723

Name:	IMG-20120502-00303.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	159724

Name:	IMG-20120502-00305.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	159725

Name:	IMG-20120502-00306.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	159726

Name:	IMG-20120502-00308.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	159727
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM
maiochine

@Creative RC:

Man what a coincidence ! I started my last modification on the ABX 3 days ago after I had a mid air wing snap caused by an uncontrolled high G turn and a free fall and crash from about 35 meters !

First thing I did was modifying the wing and turning it into a 185 cm long wing , I did that using the broken wing and sacrificed a new one by cutting its tips and leaving 68 cm as the main part.

As you did I exactly did the same by putting small carbon rods for reinforcements and a solid long one to hold all 3 pieces together.

I was wondering if the wing you posted in the pictures above is the long one you made cause it looks so nice and smooth ! Mine was a bit of a bumpy surface on top

I like also how you placed your motor very nice also the tail push rod placement and details it's a good tip you just shown !

I used a 3kg motor from EMAX the 2826/04 with a Graupner prop 8/4 and it's taking off with the standard wing and a weight of 1400kg (Gopro on board and 2200 mah 14.8V Lipo bat.) at 45% of throttle I still need to test the new wing thought ! For sure I will post the video here.

I wanted to ask you about the CG of the ABX, is it under the wing rod ? I am planning to install all the FPV stuff soon so I need to tune up everything before placing them !

PICTURES

SLIDE SHOW

VIDEOS

My youtube Channel

Last edited by maiochine; 05-07-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 PM
CreativeRC

Default Center of Gravity, Aerobird (ABX) Xtreme

Hi Maoichine

What a surprise, I had not expected a such a warm reply and so soon. Thank you. Now we know there are two Pterodactyls left. I suspect there are a few more survivors out there.

I read somewhere that the center of gravity was 1/3 the width of the wing, so I tried 55-57mm from the front of the wing, just in front of the rod and it worked fine for me.

The wing in my original photos was with the 55 inch stock wing. I have attached photos showing both the 55 inch and the 74 inch wing. There is a 1 metre yard stick for reference.

I have not yet glued in the solid rod on the 74 inch wing, but plan to put one in behind and one in front of the original carbon tube. There is just enough space for that on my wing so as not to interfere with the aerodymanics of the wing once I put tape over them. I suspect the wider wing will fly well. This wing ended up with a mild curve, high in the middle, which will likely straighen flat when in flight.

If you mount your motor to the outside and higher, it will allow for a 9 inch propeller. Depends on whether your motor is made for that. I am going to try a three blade propellor from a Parkzone Corsair as its adapter is also 4mm.

Hope these mods are useful to you as well. I will go to U-tube to look at your videos, I did see one today that showed a black/red tail with similar push rods as mine, I think it was yours. It had a tail wheel. I would like to see a photo of how that is mounted as it is a mod I wish to make as well. It really needs a tail wheel for take off on hard surfaces.

Good luck,

CreativeRC

Name:	IMG-20120506-00314.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	159744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120506-00311.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	159745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120506-00317.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	159747   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120506-00313.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	159748  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
CreativeRC

Default Better Photo of Both Wings, ABX Xtreme

Try this photo, hopefully it will open.
Showing both the 55 inch and 74 inch wings.

CreativeRC

Name:	IMG-20120506-00317.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	159752  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
maiochine

Originally Posted by CreativeRC View Post
Hi Maoichine

What a surprise, I had not expected a such a warm reply and so soon. Thank you. Now we know there are two Pterodactyls left. I suspect there are a few more survivors out there.

I read somewhere that the center of gravity was 1/3 the width of the wing, so I tried 55-57mm from the front of the wing, just in front of the rod and it worked fine for me.

The wing in my original photos was with the 55 inch stock wing. I have attached photos showing both the 55 inch and the 74 inch wing. There is a 1 metre yard stick for reference.

I have not yet glued in the solid rod on the 74 inch wing, but plan to put one in behind and one in front of the original carbon tube. There is just enough space for that on my wing so as not to interfere with the aerodymanics of the wing once I put tape over them. I suspect the wider wing will fly well. This wing ended up with a mild curve, high in the middle, which will likely straighen flat when in flight.

If you mount your motor to the outside and higher, it will allow for a 9 inch propeller. Depends on whether your motor is made for that. I am going to try a three blade propellor from a Parkzone Corsair as its adapter is also 4mm.

Hope these mods are useful to you as well. I will go to U-tube to look at your videos, I did see one today that showed a black/red tail with similar push rods as mine, I think it was yours. It had a tail wheel. I would like to see a photo of how that is mounted as it is a mod I wish to make as well. It really needs a tail wheel for take off on hard surfaces.

Good luck,

CreativeRC

I am really pleased to hear that someone else is doing the same thing elsewhere in the word ! Long live the ABX

I saw the pictures of your wing and it looks much cleaner than mine ! Unfortunately I sacrificed only one new wing for this project and used the broken one to make a unique wider one ! So the only choice I had was to cut the broken one next to mid area witch was damaged and leave two long wing tips from it than go to the new wing and use 68 cm from it and clip the two big wing tips to it ... I had a slight difference in the profile of the different ends the wing tips were a bit thinner than the main one about 2 mm thinner Tomorrow I will flight test it take a video and post it so you can see how it performs !

As for the engine yeah you're right it is a 9 inches prop. engine so your idea works perfectly well I will try that on mine

As for the tail wheel I used the same technique I used on the main wheel if you have seen the album on photobucket, basically I cut a PVC piece and than using the heat gun I modeled it and for the wheel shaft I used a carbon rod . That simple

The video you saw on youtube are mine the UA-30W and now 31W with the latest modifications, there is also the tail in one of these videos.

I post here a picture of how I made the servo holder inside the fuselage,I like your system but I find it's a bit exposed to danger in case of bad landing or crash... I tell you after my big crash last week all the inside fuselage equipment including the batteries were saved

I attached also some pictures I just made of the tail section I couldn't find those I made of the tail make of back then ....

Anyway tomorrow I will update you with the video whether it's gonna be success or failure

By the way do you have any videos on youtube of your ABX ?

Name:	IMG_1173.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	159754   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	159755   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1175.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	159756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1085.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	159757   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09790.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	159758  

Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
maiochine

I couldn't post all pictures I try again here

here's the tail reinforcement

Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
CreativeRC

Maoichine,

It occured to me that it is a lot of work to build the motor mount that I put together,easy to make mistake and damage the fuselage if you don't get it just right. Also you need to figure out the correct tools as it is a very tight fit inside for the locknuts. I had to use a long ratchet wrench extention. If you have your motor mounted inside and it is working well, try a three blade propeller instead. I don't know whether there is an 8 inch three blade propeller around, but here is an idea which should work. Very inexpensive too.

Is the shaft on your motor 5mm ? If so, you could try the three blade propeller of the Parkzone BF 109 and the prop adapter of the Parkzone P-47. This three blade propeller is well designed but is longer than eight inches. However, if you carefully cut the tips off the blades to clear the boom and keep the blade lenghts exactly the same length, to keep the propeller balanced, this may very well give you the extra power you want. I would not try to put a curved tip at first, just cut it perfectly square to try it. These parts are not expensive. Mount the prop backwards. You may need to score (scratch) the mounting surface of the prop since it is being mounted backwards.

CreativeRC
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM
CreativeRC

Maichine,

Your tail wheel is a good idea. It is on solid and the wheel is a good size for the job. I will try that design as well.

I also like the idea of your V-tail cross brace. I noticed the V-tail flutters when I test the motor on the ground and that should help control it. I don't know whether it also flutters when flying, but suspect it does. I had thought of laminated a 2 inch strip of 1/64, very thin plywood and epoxy glue, to the underside of the V-tail with epoxy glue (not ont he moving surfaces) for additional rigidity. If you painted your v-tail wing, it may not work for you, so the cross brace. Did you drill in the rods or are they surface mounted with the glue ?

There is (or was) an alternative tail on the market made of corrogated plastic, very strong. It is on U-tube under "Indestructible Hobbyzone Aerobird Xtreme ABX Tail Wing Kit" I bought one a few years ago but have not yet mounted it. I dont know whether these are still available, but they do work per the video.

Creative RC
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 PM
maiochine

Originally Posted by CreativeRC View Post
Maichine,

Your tail wheel is a good idea. It is on solid and the wheel is a good size for the job. I will try that design as well.

I also like the idea of your V-tail cross brace. I noticed the V-tail flutters when I test the motor on the ground and that should help control it. I don't know whether it also flutters when flying, but suspect it does. I had thought of laminated a 2 inch strip of 1/64, very thin plywood and epoxy glue, to the underside of the V-tail with epoxy glue (not ont he moving surfaces) for additional rigidity. If you painted your v-tail wing, it may not work for you, so the cross brace. Did you drill in the rods or are they surface mounted with the glue ?

There is (or was) an alternative tail on the market made of corrogated plastic, very strong. It is on U-tube under "Indestructible Hobbyzone Aerobird Xtreme ABX Tail Wing Kit" I bought one a few years ago but have not yet mounted it. I dont know whether these are still available, but they do work per the video.

Creative RC
Hey Mate ! I can tell you that the T will flutter really bad with powerful engines ! I am running a 3KG engine and before I placed the rods when I fully thrusted the V-tail was oscillating so so sooooo much ! So to answer your question, I drilled a small hole in the tail and inserted the rods inside and than glued them with hot glue and they are really stiff and stable !

I saw the youtube video long time ago about the tail ! I wanted to build my own one too because I have the drawings

Today I tested my new wing design and I assure you my friend that is 100% more efficient and stable in winds than the stock one ! 185 cm of wingspan is great ! I did a video too and manage to takeoff with only 40% of throttle, the total weight was around 1400g and I am using a EMAX 2826/04 engine with the Graupner prop 8/4'' and I am thinking to do your idea of changing the prop by pulling up the engine But I managed to fit it so well inside the fuselage that I dont like to touch it anymore

Here is the link to the video (sorry for the outside view but I forgot to change the resolution before filming) : [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-YCQV6WSI&feature=youtu.be[/media]

ENjoy and tell me what do you think
Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
CreativeRC

Default Very nice

Hi Maoichine,

Yes that was a very nice flight and show of your airstrip. Beautiful location with all the gliders and the lake. Do you mind if I ask where this is ?

Yes, I don't blame you for not wishing to move the motor, I would likely feel the same way if I managed to get it in and working well. But with that motor you seem to have lots of power with your setup.

I was quite happy and encouraged to see you could fly well with a 185 cm wing, I measured mine and it is only 4 cm longer at 189 cm so it is essentially the same. I look forward to trying it out as well once I expoxy in that extra carbon rod. I will try to film it and post it the way you did.

This morning I took mine out and taped my 5 oz phone under it to video over an area where I lost a plane last year. I was being barked at by a big St. Bernard and after a while I lost concetration on a Parkzone Corsair I was flying and it disappeared out of the sky.....could be quite far away. I don't really think I will ever find it again. However, with the phone taped to the bottom the rocking effect of the wing was much worse. It seems like the more weight you add that is low in the fuslage the more rocking effect experienced. As soon as I removed the phone, the rocking effect was milder.

Did you notice with the longer wing whether the flight was more stable, less of the rocking ? The is the impression I got from the video.

Hope you have a good day,

CreativeRC

Quick Reply: Aerobird Xtreme Build

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12820 seconds with 26 queries