FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

FMA does it again

Old 11-06-2010, 07:20 PM
nightflyr

Default FMA does it again

FMA / CPII strikes again!! Well, a while back there had been some questions concerning a piece of hardware I had installed on to the RJX / ALIGN 800 project.

I can now tell you that it is FMA Directs new addition to the CPII flight stabilization system

In short, when the GoLED is installed with the along with the proper update to the CPII, will show by colored LEDs the real time flight conditions, and can show diagnostic trouble codes if there is a problem with the CPII system.

Co Pilot II Go LED The CPII Go LED is a great accessory for any CPII system. Simple to install and operate, the CPII Go LED connects in-line between the CPII Avionics computer and either the main or vertical sensor, and provides real-time weather indication at a glance using 3 high intensity SMT LEDs (red, yellow, green). When used with CPII systems including the Vertical Sensor, Go LED mirrors the pre-flight temperature readout usually displayed on the IRNet programmer but using the LEDís to let you know the weather status in real time. When used with CPII systems that do not include the Vertical Sensor, Go LED supports manual weather calibration by pressing and holding the MODE button. Additionally, CPII Go LED includes CPII system error messaging and flashes LEDs in certain sequences to help you trouble-shoot potential CPII issues. Now with CPII Go LED, CPII systems pre-flight checking and full capabilities are easily accessible at a glance without requiring the IRNet programmer or router.

This along with a new series of "LT" packages available that can now be setup and adjusted by use of a computer..

Co-Pilot II LT System Combo 1 (Out of Stock - Due late Nov) Combo Contents: 1 CPII Computer Module, 1 Main Sensor, 1 CPII-GOLED, 1 FUIM3 PC USB Interface, 1 Mounting Accessory Kit (not pictured)
Co-Pilot II LT System Combo 2 (Out of Stock - Due late Nov) Combo Contents: 1 CPII Computer Module, 1 Main Sensor, 1 Vertical Sensor, 1 CPII-GOLED, 1 FUIM3 PC USB Interface, 1 Mounting Accessory Kit (not pictured)

All of these are fully compatible with existing units, only requirement is to upgrade the CPII..
Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Ok I Feel better Now

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-14-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Gee, All this Computer BS is on our cars, trucks and everything else, now its on our hobby toys, Enoughs is Enough, trouble codes use a lap top to diag your toys I got out of the fleet Trade because everything is Computer controlled and a pain to work on, now people want to put it on our HobbyToys, I Think Not I wont buy it, Thats for sure, Whats a Pain.
Jeez Chellie, why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Just because it's not for you is no reason to knock it. Looks like a good product if you're into that kind of thing.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
nightflyr

That is entirely your choice..

But the fact is, that this is the future of what is coming ..

There are those however who have quite a large investment in these so called "toys" as you refer to them.

And would care to safe guard their investments as much as they can.

I see no issue in having the ability in being able to hook into a flight system and knowing if it is fully functional prior to spooling up a $2,000.00 - $5,000.00 "toy" and ensuring that I've done all I can to make my machine as safe to fly for myself and any who happen to be in the general area.

FYI ..
I happen to have quite large investment in my machines..

Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Jeez Chellie, why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Just because it's not for you is no reason to knock it. Looks like a good product if you're into that kind of thing.
I Think your right Bill LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Catalina

Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
That is entirely your choice..

But the fact is, that this is the future of what is coming ..

There are those however who have quite a large investment in these so called "toys" as you refer to them.

And would care to safe guard their investments as much as they can.

I see no issue in having the ability in being able to hook into a flight system and knowing if it is fully functional prior to spooling up a $2,000.00 - $5,000.00 "toy" and ensuring that I've done all I can to make my machine as safe to fly for myself and any who happen to be in the general area.

FYI ..
I happen to have quite large investment in my machines..

Blimy, that makes my rigs look like toys. That is some nice gear there. My car doesnt even cost as much as your heli's.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
nightflyr

Thank you, here's what the fleet looked like in the beginning..

But has since grown..

Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 AM
starcad
Model Designer

Hey Nightflyr, I can't tell you how many times the CP has saved my bacon. I first started using it when I was training people how to fly at a mine. Saved that model at least 3 to 4 times a day and kept the project on budget.

Now, I use it for my personal use in my FPV and also for new planes that I haven't flown before.

This is a really great product that does what it is sold to do. Five stars for this item.