FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

FMA shipping to high

Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
jrplane

Default FMA shipping to high

FMA shipping to high, If you order from the Cheaper revo site the product is somewhat cheaper but they sure make it up in shipping cost. I tried to order an adapter from the USA site they wanted $7 for shipping a $14 part that weighs less than 1oz
Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Howard Matos
Production Supervisor

Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
FMA shipping to high, If you order from the Cheaper revo site the product is somewhat cheaper but they sure make it up in shipping cost. I tried to order an adapter from the USA site they wanted $7 for shipping a $14 part that weighs less than 1oz
Hi,

The following statement appears on the checkout page of the FMA Direct site. The actual charge for shipping small items in a padded envelope is $3. FMA offers small items on the site as an alternative to our domestic customers. Of course the shipping charges from Singapore are more costly, but with the reduction in prices under the new model, our customers receive as much as a 25% reduction in cost in many FMA products even with the higher shipping charges.

"Shipping - Please read carefully!
Our standard shipping and handling charge is $8.99 for Priority Mail anywhere in the continental USA. Some small items may ship via US Mail in a padded envelope at a reduced cost. You will be notified via email if your order meets this criteria."
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

I have ordered from them and had them ship at the lower cost without asking for it.

They are a good company and give good customer service on great products!!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
sprint

I tried to ordered a $19.00 power supply the shipping was $34.00 I don't get it who's going to buy from them?

Anthony
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Jamie Marks

Originally Posted by sprint View Post
I tried to ordered a $19.00 power supply the shipping was $34.00 I don't get it who's going to buy from them?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

The shipping charge for that particular item is high from Singapore relative to the cost of the power supply, but it is not as high as you quote ($34). I entered an order on the Revo site today for (1) 5A power supply and the UPS charge to Frederick, Maryland was $24, which would be the same cost as to New York. Perhaps you have a typo? Unfortunately this part is too large to ship using the Singapore Post $10 option and even the newer First Flight shipping option is pretty high. In any event, we believe the cost is too high. FMA had already determined that we will be bringing this product into our facility in Frederick, MD and ship from here at normal USPS rates. FYI, FMA stocks small parts like adapters and extensions for the same reason.

Regards,
Jamie Marks
FMA Direct
Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 PM
sprint

Hi Jamie
Thank you for responding I appreciate that. Perhaps there was something amiss with your shipping calculator what I got was $34.00 shipping. You have great customer service and I will try to continue doing business with you but these shipping charges are hurting you. Theres the cost of the item and the shipping charge,it's got to make sense on all items.Thanks.

Anthony