General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

USPS shipment tracking

Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 AM
DavidR8

Default USPS shipment tracking

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the 'accuracy' of USPS shipiment tracking information.

I placed an order from Headup RC on Oct 29. I have a tracking number that says its it was accepted and sent for sorting to a sorting facility on the same day.

But since then nothing. I double checked my address etc and it's all correct... Surely the package has left Ocala...
Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

your package should arrive Monday or Tues. USPS tracking does est delivery time but for the most part i just trust it's on the way once tracking says it's officially mailed.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:53 AM
DavidR8

Default Thanks!

I'm starting out on my first build... an FPV V3 from Mikey's RC plans.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:35 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the 'accuracy' of USPS shipiment tracking information.

I placed an order from Headup RC on Oct 29. I have a tracking number that says its it was accepted and sent for sorting to a sorting facility on the same day.

But since then nothing. I double checked my address etc and it's all correct... Surely the package has left Ocala...
Yeah
The few times I've used the USPS tracking, it showed leaving the warehouse, and nothing until it showed up at my mailbox.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
Yeah
The few times I've used the USPS tracking, it showed leaving the warehouse, and nothing until it showed up at my mailbox.
I have had some packages track very well all the way across the country, and others did not track at all until it was dropped in my mailbox.

Today I checked on a package from an Ebay deal, this morning it showed they had bought postage but it had not been accepted at the post office, this afternoon it was in my mailbox, from Peru Indiana. I guess once it started moving it hit warp speed.

With USPS tracking you never know when it will arrive unless you are lucky and you can figure out where it is. They do not give a predicted delivery date.
UPS & FedEx are different, you will know just what day the box will hit your door.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Karnsy

One thing I can tell you is tracking with them is inconsistent. Sometimes things track start to finish and other times just a date it was accepted and an estimated time of delivery. I have used them a lot lately and every time my packages show up a day before the date they state it will be delivered. Just got a package from them last week and it only took 4 days to get it.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Karnsy View Post
One thing I can tell you is tracking with them is inconsistent. Sometimes things track start to finish and other times just a date it was accepted and an estimated time of delivery. I have used them a lot lately and every time my packages show up a day before the date they state it will be delivered. Just got a package from them last week and it only took 4 days to get it.

Yeah, it's also been my experience that USPS can be real fast. But you don't always know when it will show up.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Azarr
Electric Junkie

Not sure if the tracking applies when items are shipped to an address outside the U.S. I know I've shipped stuff to Canada and had it stuck in Canadian customs for a while.

Azarr
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 AM
DavidR8

Default It arrived

It arrived yesterday safe and sound. Amazingly enough, the USPS tracking says it's still in Ocala...go figure.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:14 PM
RobinA

Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
It arrived yesterday safe and sound. Amazingly enough, the USPS tracking says it's still in Ocala...go figure.
It wants to stay where it's warm...........................