iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Complaint about another user?

Old 02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

Ebay can be safe to. It works the same way. If you have any question about the seller then don't buy from them. Alot of people will say that if the seller has alot of positive feedback then you will be ok. I don't buy into this idea because it's so easy to pad your feedback rating. Instead I prefere to buy from those that have no more than a couple hundred with little to no negetive. You can still get a bad deal but lets face it, we've all heard of those that got bad deals through places like Tower and Hobby Lobby. Most of the time it is because they slipped through the cracks with the big companys. If you look into it you will find that it's the same with alot of the "bad deals" on Ebay. If the seller and the buyer are willing to work together there is almost always a way to make everybody happy. The rest of the "bad deals" on Ebay are almost always the buyers fault. If you find something you like on Ebay then the first thing you should do is run a search on Ebay for that item. People fall for it all the time. They find that "gotta have" item and buy it only to discover there are hundreds of them for sale on Ebay and they payed way to much.

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years. I have bought everything from a few dollars for a FDC to $5000 for a 1967 Ford Galaxie. I have sold everything from a few dollars for rc parts to $3000 for a 1984 Corvette. The only time I've been burned was early on, before Ebay had alot of the security measures they do now. And even then, it was a third party that hacked into the auction and tried to screw both me and the seller buy sending viruses to both of us and making it look like we sent them ourselves.

OK I'm done ranting. Let me just finish by saying. Ebay, like most things in life, can be alot of fun as long as your carefull.