iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Complaint about another user?

Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

I will look into it.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:24 PM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
Vax,
If this has been resolved...great. If not, then I would suggest you utilize the iTrader feature to leave the appropriate feedback.

Maybe we could add a forum to the Forsale section for such conversations. iTrader talk or something.

On the off-topic posts:

Even though this the appropriate forum to discuss vendor topics, it is not the appropriate thread to discuss things not related to the topic at hand. Please refrain to help avoid any confusion.

Cheers,
Mike
An elegant solution that will definitely keep everyone straight.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

I have created it and moved this thread. I am willing to try it as long as it is remains civil and productive.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
I have created it and moved this thread. I am willing to try it as long as it is remains civil and productive.
Thanks Mike!

I am sure everyone will appreciate having a forum where these issues can be aired.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by Rugar View Post
I will send him a PM and see if I get any kind of a response.
I sent him a PM as well as a E-Mail. Got this response back from him through E-Mail yesterday.

hello,

yes i have been complacent on getting the member what he paid for .....it is totlly my fault....i have the airplane in hand and have not shipped it yet........i will get it out by the end of this week.....if the member is upset and wants his money back he may do so.

paul
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 AM
qban_flyer

Red face

I hope this issue gets resolved favorably. :o

The buyer deserves no less.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Complaint about another user?
Back at that time in life, my complaints were always about the dealers.

Seriously, there are ways to try to determine a seller's honesty.

I sold a guy a plane, and did send it to him, and he's happy. I actually gave him another, but that was par for his course. Here's what he did right to test my legitimacy (1-3) and other good tests:

1. First, ask for a pic. Do it when they are online, communicating with you. They should have one Immediately, as most all of us do, of our planes. If they don't, or send you a pic out of a mag or some nonsense like that, then be suspicious. The best scenario is where you can see other planes of theres in the pic, that you've seen before. If its not a plane, then they can still take a pic of the product, next to their planes.
2. Delay the sale. Thieves are always in a hurry. The guy who bought my plane said he would take a bit to get the money to place the order. My response was, "Take your time, I'm in no hurry to sell the plane, not rushing to sell it to anybody else." That's what you want to hear. If the idiot says something like, "Hurry Hurry, I got a bunch of buyers, price may go up, etc...", then diss 'em.
3. The other most obvious is the post history. A guy with a long post history is much more likely to be honest. They haven't burned anyone yet, and seem to enjoy contributing at the site. Even if the history isn't long, look at the posts. If they post a number of builds, they are probably a serious appreciator of the hobby. This type of guy is much less likey to be a con, since he's (or politically correct she's) a respector of the hobby.
4. Avoid John Doe scenario, if possible. When you chek email props, see if you can match names to the address. With the internet, this is all much more possible. A thief doesn't want you to know a real name or legitimate address, if possible.
5. Don't be a cheap ass. I just can't see taking risks for a few bucks. Why people do this is beyond me. If your anything like me, the stress is not worth it, and is priceless to avoid.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Doc Pete
Pete O'Connor

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
5. Don't be a cheap ass. I just can't see taking risks for a few bucks. Why people do this is beyond me. If your anything like me, the stress is not worth it, and is priceless to avoid.
Finally, let the truth be known. Well said, Bill.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

Glad someone got ahold of him, thanks Rugar. I'd still like the plane, if anyone has anymore contact.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by vax6335 View Post
Glad someone got ahold of him, thanks Rugar. I'd still like the plane, if anyone has anymore contact.
PM sent with some info for you.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Did you ever get your plane, or did he ever get back with you? I see that he still has not received any Trader Rating one way or the other.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 AM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

I just got back from 3 weeks away at training for the Air Force and no plane, no info.

I'll email him tomorrow and ask him to send the plane, I'd still like it.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:39 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

One more method about screening. Some of the guys that post, such as a number of EDF guys, all know each other, and fly at the same fields. For instance, I would buy from Netmechanic, who has planes for sale, without worry. The reputation is established.
I know people like to hide identities online with screen names and also by NOT making their associations, location, flying field, and other personal things clear. That said, I'm still not into sending a money order to JOEBLOW1396. There is basically a checklist that would clear 99.9% of sellers, and does not even need to include a trader rating. Maybe I'll post it.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Twmaster

Yup what Bill posted is pretty much how I look at things when trading. On smaller sites like this and RCG I do look at trader ratings. On FeeBay it means less to me. (as in I am NOT impressed with 1000 positives in a month)

I recently backed out of selling a motor because I got bad vibes from the prospective buyer. Just felt like something was wrong.

The guy was probably legit but his response to my 'honest' explanation of why I decided to not conclude the deal was at best childish.

Sometimes buying and selling online is not worth the stress. (yea, right, who am *I* kidding! )
Old 07-14-2006, 06:14 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Yup what Bill posted is pretty much how I look at things when trading. On smaller sites like this and RCG I do look at trader ratings. On FeeBay it means less to me. (as in I am NOT impressed with 1000 positives in a month)

I recently backed out of selling a motor because I got bad vibes from the prospective buyer. Just felt like something was wrong.

The guy was probably legit but his response to my 'honest' explanation of why I decided to not conclude the deal was at best childish.

Sometimes buying and selling online is not worth the stress. (yea, right, who am *I* kidding! )
As unfortunate as it is , I'm never wrong about my vibes on things. If it doesn't seem right, it probably isn't. I would have done the same thing. I've got enough bruises in life from kicking myself after screaming, %&*!!, I knew I shouldn't have done that, $#!+ , # U ( !( !!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Bil2

Well, I've backed out of sending money to someone to buy something - but I guess I don't get it about backing off SELLING to someone. If he sends the money, why not send him the item?
Bil
Old 07-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by Bil2 View Post
Well, I've backed out of sending money to someone to buy something - but I guess I don't get it about backing off SELLING to someone. If he sends the money, why not send him the item?
Bil
Because they can still in a sense "send it" and then retract it, on Ebay, from what I've heard. I think they can do this with PayPal, and probably Visa too. Its then basically impossible to retract you shipment to them, in transit, or already delivered to them.

Also, there are some people you never want to send anything to.
They:
A. Burn it out, and want their money back
B. Expect it to be a Ferrari, and want their loot back
C. Pester you about it for the rest of your time on the planet
D. Just downright want their money back for no good reason
E....
F....
G...
Hey, you asked....
Old 07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

Rugar,
I sent an email to him using the address you gave me awhile back, and no reply. I said I still wanted the plane, just send it to me, no big deal.

But I have heard nothing.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

more action should be taken....maybe you could call the local police (in his area) Or maybe even the postal inspectors...since you sent the MO by mail it might be considered a mail fraud ... not sure though

I commend your patience.....
Old 07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Rugar,
I sent an email to him using the address you gave me awhile back, and no reply. I said I still wanted the plane, just send it to me, no big deal.

But I have heard nothing.
I'm really sorry to hear that. You really should give him NEG feedback to warn others about dealing with him.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 AM
ElectricFlyGuy
Banned Permanently

Exclamation Netmechanic the CROOK!!!!!! Beware!

I am glad I found this forum!!! A friend of mine purchased a Mig29 from Netmechanic in July 2006, sent an M.O.(usps) and to date hasn't recieved the Jet purchaced!!!!!!! If you want to see the Jet in question> Do a search> Netmechanic Posts< and look at his avatar!! That is THEE jet he sold to my friend. BEWARE of FRAUD!!!!!!!!

Would it be appropriate to post a complaint about another user?

For instance, through the wanted/for sale forum I found an airplane I wanted to buy from another user. We exchanged info, I sent a money order for $100, and waited for my plane. And waited. Sent a PM and he responded saying he recieved the M.O. but was sorry he has been really busy and would ship the plane out ASAP. I figure he's still alive, cause sometimes when I call, the phone rings until the voicemail, sometimes it goes right to voicemail.

Now I'm out $100 and feel like there's nothing I can do. I don't want anyone else to lose money to this guy, although due to the lack of response, he probably doesn't use this forum anymore. So I won't post his name, I suppose if you really want to know you can PM me.

Any ideas on what I can do? Other than be more carful in the future, I know there are risks involved with doing commerce on an open forum like this.

Last edited by ElectricFlyGuy; 02-04-2007 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 AM
TeslaWinger

I learned last year that interstate fraud (most Internet transactions) requires a $1,000 loss before they will even bother with it! My boss got ripped on a seriously defective pro camera by an EBay scammer in Calif.

Filing with FBI Fraud Prevention had no effect whatsoever. They DID NOTHING! After talking to a local detective about it, he said fraud is rampant, hence the high threshold to get any attention. Even his own brother got ripped badly on a Harley 'deal' from Russia...of all things!

Sellers are not immune either! After advertising an Ultralight on the net several yrs ago I had a folder with over 50 scammers, mostly from the UK, and several in the states, all wanting me to cash their huge overpayment check at a "check cashing place" and IMMEDIATELY send the "change" via Western Union- which leaves you no recourse whatsoever.

A check from the Netherlands arrived in the mail a few weeks later drawn on the Bank Of New York and had a ficticious serial number, verified by the bank manager immediately upon my request to 'check it out,' not wanting to have it in my account at all. I would have been liable to pay the full amount back to the cashing service if I had not been aware of the scam.

It gets worse!!! I got a phone call from a man in Traverse City Mich according to the Caller ID (he was supposed to be in the UK) mad as hell that I had not sent the "change" (over $2,500) and threatened me with violence!

There is a website from a guy who makes bogus replies to the scammers that were outrageously funny, so I did just that- sent him an email detailing a 'Great Offer' I got: to send a creep my bank acct numbers and he would fill it with money!!!! WOW! What a deal, I told him! After another email cycle and more threats, I replied that "my account was emptied instead, and he seemed like such a nice man..."

I dismissed his protests and threats until 2 Nigerians came to my shop one day with an old rusted tight filmcan from the PORT AUTHORITY in NYC no less - subject: The World Trade Center!!! We had a bizarre conversation where the guy mentioned his "associate" at a location out of town just a very short ways from my home... I then realized that this was an OFFICIAL SCAM with deep roots and unlimited resources!

They stiffed me on the film job so I keep it with the cheap Chinese painting a "foreign art student" sold to a nearby business! Took me a month to find out who she was! Too bad I didnt have a video surveillance cam in the office at the time- but I do now! Would love to run their mugshots around the world on the net!

Count your blessings that it wasn't enough to break you, and your family didnt have to fear for their lives from these professional soldier/conmen who steal everything they can get their hands on!

Who would have thought that the most dangerous thing in the house is the net link on the computer!

Beware!
TW
Old 02-04-2007, 07:52 AM
DickCorby

There is an old saying "let the buyer beware" in Latin it's a bit prettier.

I've been doing business on the web for years, and never had a problem. But perhaps the difference lies in some things I do.

1. I buy from Reputable sellers. Tower hobbies, hobby Lobby and others of the same ilk.

2. I have Online Banking, and check out charges against my account at least once a week. Never found a problem.

3. i would no more buy from E-bay, Craigs List or any other of the supposedly great deal websites to save my life. Nothing that I have seen on any of these sites, is interesting enough to jeopardize my life for. An my finances are a big part my life.

4. I have used PayPal on a couple of occasions. But never sent the goods or the payment until there was total verification that the monies were safely in my account. Where I expected merchandise, on one occasion it was long overdue. I contacted PayPal, and the merchandise was expedited to me and I was asked to send a verification to PayPal that I was actually reasonably satisfied with the Vendor.

It all boils down to "If it seems too good to be true, it's probably not true" If you are so excited by the good deal that you jump into a situation blindly, then shame on you. There are a lot more dependable vendors than scammers, and those that get scammed usually are asking for it.

There are many ways to protect yourself on the internet, but the first one is to remain in a heads up mode when working in the new arena.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:02 AM
ElectricFlyGuy
Banned Permanently

Lightbulb Great Hobbyist web site!

For those looking for a great and trustworthy Hobby shop to buy from>> Check out this one I found>> Real good people> www.dynamoelectrics.com Thanx, Scott.

[quote=DickCorby;151903]There is an old saying "let the buyer beware" in Latin it's a bit prettier.

I've been doing business on the web for years, and never had a problem. But perhaps the difference lies in some things I do.

1. I buy from Reputable sellers. Tower hobbies, hobby Lobby and others of the same ilk.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
TeslaWinger

Originally Posted by DickCorby View Post
There is an old saying "let the buyer beware" in Latin it's a bit prettier.
>>> Sure, but its MUCH FUNNIER in Pig Latin! "aveatcay emptorsay"

2. I have Online Banking, and check out charges against my account at least once a week. Never found a problem.
>>> A customer of mine had online banking and someone across the country stole her identity, took out loans, pulled scams and ran her bankrupt! Bad enough? Not even close- she was arrested over this and spent a week in jail- and had her children taken from her- this truly decent single mother who suffered terribly in jail! She cried as she told me her tragic and scary story which I'll never forget! She was told by a guard that if she didn't stop crying they would put her in a straightjacket!

It all boils down to "If it seems too good to be true, it's probably not true"
>>> THAT is the bottom line- you must have a healthy sense of skepticism at all times on the Net- and awareness of the current scams. These are highly trained and sophisticated World Class criminals and spies out to rob us blind- and worse.

There are a lot more dependable vendors than scammers, and those that get scammed usually are asking for it.
>>> Not always! The Economic Warfare types are very sophisticated now- and don't expect the govt to ever to move against these professional fraudsters. They are more interested in plundering your email and reading list for political reasons!

There are many ways to protect yourself on the internet, but the first one is to remain in a heads up mode when working in the new arena.
>>>ALWAYS! Keep your virus protection current- and avoid MS Internet Exploder like the Plague! Even MS's new VISTA OS was hacked the first morning it came out! It couldn't even recognize most of the malware and spyware that was sent to it by testers! Thanks again, Billionaire Bill!

Proceed with caution!
TW

Quick Reply: Complaint about another user?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14278 seconds with 12 queries