iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Complaint about another user?

Old 05-19-2006, 04:06 PM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

Unhappy Complaint about another user?

Would it be appropriate to post a complaint about another user from here regarding commerce?

For instance, through the wanted/for sale forum I found an airplane I wanted to buy from another user. We exchanged info, I sent a money order for $100, and waited for my plane. And waited. Sent a PM and he responded saying he recieved the M.O. but was sorry he has been really busy and would ship the plane out ASAP. This was a month ago. I have sent PM's, and even called his cell phone numerous times and left contact messages, with no response at all. I figure he's still alive, cause sometimes when I call, the phone rings until the voicemail, sometimes it goes right to voicemail.

Now I'm out $100 and feel like there's nothing I can do. I don't want anyone else to lose money to this guy, although due to the lack of response, he probably doesn't use this forum anymore. So I won't post his name, I suppose if you really want to know you can PM me.

Any ideas on what I can do? Other than be more carful in the future, I know there are risks involved with doing commerce on an open forum like this.

Last edited by vax6335; 05-19-2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: I kant spel
Old 05-19-2006, 05:37 PM
frvrngn
Oops....

What kind of MO did you send? And did you have tracking on the envelope (Delivery Confirmation or Signature would be better). If it was a US Post Office MO and you have tracking, go to them. They take mail order fraud rather seriously and if its a USPS MO its a Federal Offense! They can tell if it was cashed (as can a bank if you got a bank MO). My best friend went thought something similiar with a LOT more than $100 and got the USPS involved. It all worked out for him.

If for some reason the above isnt true - next time, always mail Anything with tracking. I use UPS from work since I like their tracking and signature system. If you can show he signed for it and cashed it, you have something to stand on for filing a complaint. He then has to prove he sent it and you received it. Hopefully you also have your original messages, emails, and even voice mails. You can also contact his local PD and file a complaint. They normally dont do much, but its another thing to have on record.

Good luck.

ps. - if this isnt the right place to post this, WF needs a place for this type of thing.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 PM
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

can you cancel the MO somehow?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Twmaster

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
can you cancel the MO somehow?
Usually no.

I'm with frvrngn here. If a USPS money order they will send the Postal Inspector Service (they are the Postal Police and can lock you up) to visit him.

Failing that please tell us who this person is so the rest of us can avoid him.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:51 AM
qban_flyer

Exclamation

I am in agreement with both frvrngn & Twmaster.

Send him a link to this thread and make him aware that if he took a USPS M/O and failed to deliver he is leaving himself wide open for an all expenses paid vacation on the hoosegow courtesy of the Feds.

Make sure he knows you will make his name public here, very publicly on an extensively read forum. :o

I had a similar situation with an RCG seller last year. Never saw my money and he failed to deliver what I paid for. He is no longer selling on RCG or eBay. I had nothing to do with his eBay cancellation, though I made sure his name was mud on RCG when I was "finished" with him.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Cowboy
Airborne Cowboy

I agree with frvrngn
(ps. - if this isnt the right place to post this, WF needs a place for this type of thing.) Every person selling on this site, especially, should be held accountable on this forum.
Cowboy
Old 05-20-2006, 02:02 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

Hopefully you paid with a USPS mo....they take fraud very seriously (almost personally)

I dont understand WHY someone would do that. One thing you need to function in life is integrety...

I hope you don't let this leave a bad taste in your mouth...there are WAY MORE good people than bad in the rc community
Old 05-20-2006, 03:38 PM
ELECTROGLIDE

hey dont feel bad I got screwed out of $56!! from a place called the "rcplace" selling things on goodole ebay.........sent prompt pymt to these jerkwadds 2 months ago and havent heard a word!!! pymt was in form of a money order which Ive used for yrs and was cashed long time ago and thiers not a damn I can do about it..........Id love to see someone come up with a scam squad to hunt these jerx down .......
Old 05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Another forum I frequent has what we call the "Pirate Posse" for situations like this. Whichever board member is closest to the seller pays him/her a visit and tries to resolve the problem. 99.99% of the time it's just something we joke about but once a member recovered missing goods and funds for another member and ended up shipping the item himself.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 PM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

If you do file a complaint and it was a uspo money order the FBI may just visit as it falls in their jurisdiction from the post office. I had to do the same thing on about $350.00. Got my money back in a heartbeat. !!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:34 PM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Glad you did Deb!

In my case the USPS M/O was more bogus than a three dollar bill. I was out of $475 and the merchandise was on its way to TX. This was back in '79, when I trusted everyone and $475 was a rather substantial amount of money. The authorities were involved but nothing ever came out of their investigation. :o

Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 AM
DickCorby

Why I like PayPal. I've had a couple of experiences with purchases, and in both cases, PayPal had my money back in the account within 3 weeks. In one case the vendor sent the merchandise, asked for no payment, but an Email to PayPal telling them I was happy with his company.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

Nice to see all the replies. Internet was supposed to be installed at my new house yesterday, but I had to reschedule for next week, so now I can only check this at work.

Unfortunately, I got the money order from my bank, Wells Fargo. I do have the carbon copy for it somewhere, but since all my stuff is now still boxed up in my new house, it'll be hard to find. I'll call them and see what they can do for me too.

Here's a link to my post about me wanting a T-33, and his reply, saying he has one for sale.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4962

Last edited by vax6335; 05-23-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

Hey bud,
that guy has 23 posts, and no trader ratings. Could mean a couple things:
he is a scammer looking to rip off unsuspecting people

or
doesn't understand selling/trading etiquette and doesnt see anything wrong with shipping at his convenience

either way it sucks. Maybe he is taking his time and shipped it slow

I hate to see these horror stories, but I appreciate you sharing.
At the least someone will learn from this.

I strongly urge others to jump in a posts that look suspicious---even if you have no intention of buying/trading etc. Don't be rude, but ask questions such as references,pictures, etc., it doesn't hurt and it will help prevent/eliminate scammers

A decent trader will provide as much info as they can, a scammer will provide "stock" photos or what ever is convenient for them.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

BTW I'm not advocating responses like "you can get these on ebay for...."
or "these are $xx new"

responses such as questions related to the condition,make,use, etc. of the model are acceptable .....to me atleast
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM
qban_flyer

Question

Originally Posted by vax6335 View Post
Nice to see all the replies. Internet was supposed to be installed at my new house yesterday, but I had to reschedule for next week, so now I can only check this at work.

Unfortunately, I got the money order from my bank, Wells Fargo. I do have the carbon copy for it somewhere, but since all my stuff is now still boxed up in my new house, it'll be hard to find. I'll call them and see what they can do for me too.

Here's a link to my post about me wanting a T-33, and his reply, saying he has one for sale.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4962
Why is that thread closed? Who closed it and for what reason? Hard to fathom someone doing so when there is money involved and no merchandise delivered.

At least we now know his user ID and name. Avoid him like the plague and if he has something for sale, ever, lets warn potential buyers about him via the PM system as I have done in the past to thwart a few bad apples from scamming others.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by qban_flyer View Post
Why is that thread closed? Who closed it and for what reason? Hard to fathom someone doing so when there is money involved and no merchandise delivered.

At least we now know his user ID and name. Avoid him like the plague and if he has something for sale, ever, lets warn potential buyers about him via the PM system as I have done in the past to thwart a few bad apples from scamming others.
I don't know who closed it, but I reopened the thread. I hate seeing anyone get burned, especially if it happens on WattFlyer. But please, don't try and turn this into a witch hunt now that we know who the member is. He hasn't been logged on to WattFlyer since 5/16 which is before this thread started. I believe in giving someone a chance to clear their name. For all we know he could have been in a accident or have a very good reason for not shipping the item. I will send him a PM and see if I get any kind of a response.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:14 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

hopefully this is a big misunderstanding...I believe in patience
but a month is plenty of time
Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
qban_flyer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Rugar View Post
I don't know who closed it, but I reopened the thread. I hate seeing anyone get burned, especially if it happens on WattFlyer. But please, don't try and turn this into a witch hunt now that we know who the member is. He hasn't been logged on to WattFlyer since 5/16 which is before this thread started. I believe in giving someone a chance to clear their name. For all we know he could have been in a accident or have a very good reason for not shipping the item. I will send him a PM and see if I get any kind of a response.
I am glad you reopened it.

I surely hope it doesn't turn into a flaming shouting match between those who may feel they have a right to go after the seller and everybody else.

There could be a legitimate reason why the man has not replied. People get sick and are hospitalized every day. People have deaths in their familes as well. When that happens, everything else in life is secondary.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

19:58, 16th Mar 2006 vax6335 Closed Thread

FYI,
Vax closed the thread first then Rugar reopened it. Next I opened and closed it looking for the initial information on who closed it the first time.
Don
Old 05-24-2006, 01:17 AM
darkside212
Super Contributor

it would make sense that he closed it....he thought he had found what he was looking for
Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 AM
qban_flyer

Question

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
19:58, 16th Mar 2006 vax6335 Closed Thread

FYI,
Vax closed the thread first then Rugar reopened it. Next I opened and closed it looking for the initial information on who closed it the first time.
Don
I had no clue a thread starter had the option of closing his own thread.

Why close it if the issue is still unresolved?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

I closed it cause I thought I had found a T-33 for myself. I have never ever had a problem with online commerce before in my life, so I guess I got a little ahead of the game.

And yes, I had never thought that something might have happened to him. Lets hope for the best.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Vax,
If this has been resolved...great. If not, then I would suggest you utilize the iTrader feature to leave the appropriate feedback.

Maybe we could add a forum to the Forsale section for such conversations. iTrader talk or something.

On the off-topic posts:

Even though this the appropriate forum to discuss vendor topics, it is not the appropriate thread to discuss things not related to the topic at hand. Please refrain to help avoid any confusion.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 05-25-2006, 03:53 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

Mike I think that would be a great idea

Quick Reply: Complaint about another user?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17137 seconds with 12 queries