iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Grasshopper! What Can I say?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
I wish I could find a picture, but here is one of my fav's, from a place in Springfield Illinois, D'Arcy's Pint, a wonderful Irish pub and resturant.

Pony and Horse shoes:

Texas toast, covered in french fries, meat of your choice (my favorite is the corned beef, all I can sya is Holy Cow!), and smothered in white cheddar cheese sauce. I NEVER miss a chance to get one when I am in Springfield. Heart Attack on a plate? Yep. Yummy as could be? Oh yeah!
Now that one sounds good!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

What is WRONG with you people?! Haven't you ever thought of eating NORMAL food?

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
But after tornado season your only left with a few kernels..

you guys cant knock the walking taco until you try it. I'd be willing to try some of those 'roadkill' meals you eat down there
LOL -- okay, I guess I opened myself up for that one... However, I'd like to point out that:

1) I've lived in Oklahoma (off and on) for 28 years, and I've never seen a tornado. I've never been the least bit affected by a tornado. Tornados are interesting beasts -- I've been in the same town with one SEVERAL times, and it will wipe out a house or two (or maybe an entire subdivision), but leave the rest of the city alone. This is very much unlike the widespread destruction of an earthquake, flood, or hurricane.

2) We don't eat roadkill in Oklahoma. You're thinking of Texas (where I've lived off and on for 9 years... I actually ate in a restaurant in TEXAS, named the "Roadkill Cafe".

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
That's just wrong Brian! The only good place for cole slaw is a trash can.
I could not agree more. Throw all the sourkraut in the trash can with the cole slaw -- they must be cousins...
Old 09-15-2007, 05:19 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Now that one sounds good!
Tom,

We could always meet up in Springfield and, heck, I'd even "pony" up and buy ya a PonyShoe.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
What is WRONG with you people?! Haven't you ever thought of eating NORMAL food?

LOL -- okay, I guess I opened myself up for that one... However, I'd like to point out that:

1) I've lived in Oklahoma (off and on) for 28 years, and I've never seen a tornado. I've never been the least bit affected by a tornado. Tornados are interesting beasts -- I've been in the same town with one SEVERAL times, and it will wipe out a house or two (or maybe an entire subdivision), but leave the rest of the city alone. This is very much unlike the widespread destruction of an earthquake, flood, or hurricane.

2) We don't eat roadkill in Oklahoma. You're thinking of Texas (where I've lived off and on for 9 years... I actually ate in a restaurant in TEXAS, named the "Roadkill Cafe".

I could not agree more. Throw all the sourkraut in the trash can with the cole slaw -- they must be cousins...
I've lived in SW Missouri for 38 years and only seen one tornado. It was the one that went through Carl Junction, MO in May of 05 killing two people. I was able to see it from my front porch and took pictures of it. Now before you all start saying "What the H** were you doing taking pictures of a tornado?", It was several miles away and going across not towards me. Here's a few pictures from beginning to end.

Second: I nor anyone I know has ever eaten road kill

Third: I do actually like sauerkraut on a good grilled braut. I just don't like cole slaw.

Tom,

We could always meet up in Springfield and, heck, I'd even "pony" up and buy ya a PonyShoe.
Cool Kev! Springfield, Missouri is only an hour away from me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00078.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	41094   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00079.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	41095   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00080.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	41096   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00081.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	41097   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00082.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	41098  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00083.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	41099   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00084.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	41100   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00085.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	41101   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00086.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	41102  
Old 09-15-2007, 06:37 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Cool Kev! Springfield, Missouri is only an hour away from me.
Well, I hope you enjoy Springfield, Mo.....make sure to visit Bass Pro Shops.....Hemmingway's has good food there.....

And if you can locate D'Arcy's Pint in Springfield Missouri, then I will drive THERE and buy.....otherwise, I'll just have to eat your ponyshoe as well as mine in Springfield Illinois....(ya nut! LOL)
Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Well, I hope you enjoy Springfield, Mo.....make sure to visit Bass Pro Shops.....Hemmingway's has good food there.....

And if you can locate D'Arcy's Pint in Springfield Missouri, then I will drive THERE and buy.....otherwise, I'll just have to eat your ponyshoe as well as mine in Springfield Illinois....(ya nut! LOL)
You could bring the pony shoes with you and meet at Bass Pro Shop?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

You could bring the pony shoes with you and meet at Bass Pro Shop?
Stick that tongue out a little more.....cuz they would either be 1) gone cuz I ate them, or 2) very icky after a 4 1/2 hour drive.

Though, I am sure we could find somewhere to go fly together.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Default Roadkill?

Although I haven't seen anyone actually eating roadkill.....

I have been driving down the local highway (one lane each way) and seen a deer that was freshly killed/dead on the side of the road.....
Then an hour later coming back the other way, I noticed a local "Hillbilly" dragging it to the back of his F-150 pickup...Yum!! Pre-tenderized and slightly aged venison....
Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Although I haven't seen anyone actually eating roadkill.....

I have been driving down the local highway (one lane each way) and seen a deer that was freshly killed/dead on the side of the road.....
Then an hour later coming back the other way, I noticed a local "Hillbilly" dragging it to the back of his F-150 pickup...Yum!! Pre-tenderized and slightly aged venison....
This happens rather frequently in Illinois during the fall; when a motorist hits and kills a deer, they driver has "right of first refusal" to the deer if they want it. Otherwise, any other person may claim the deer. We have a couple troopers I work with that always want to know when a fresh roadkill deer is available.

I like it cuz I reap the spoils, especially if they make deer-and-cheddar sausage. Mmmmmmmmm
Old 09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

This happens rather frequently in Illinois during the fall; when a motorist hits and kills a deer, they driver has "right of first refusal" to the deer if they want it. Otherwise, any other person may claim the deer. We have a couple troopers I work with that always want to know when a fresh roadkill deer is available.

I like it cuz I reap the spoils, especially if they make deer-and-cheddar sausage. Mmmmmmmmm
Happens alot around here too..... I see lots of dead ones driving one direction on the highway....then coming back the other way, the animal is almost always gone......
Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Happens alot around here too..... I see lots of dead ones driving one direction on the highway....then coming back the other way, the animal is almost always gone......
I see that up here also.....just not deer.:p
Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

It was several miles away and going across not towards me.
Maybe so, but how did you KNOW that at the time?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:04 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Do they have basements in MO? We do...had to use it during a couple alarms.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
Do they have basements in MO? We do...had to use it during a couple alarms.
A lot of people do. We don't. On new home construction it's pretty common for the master walk in closet to be reinforced poured concrete floor, walls and ceiling with a steel door. It's then finished out to look like a regular closet but is actually a safe room. They are also installing them underground in the garage floor with steps going down, lights, bunks and outlets for TV or radio. Gotta love spring time around here.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Actually, I sleep better during the rainy season... :o

For what it's worth, my home was built as a "1999 model home", and does not have a built-in safe room.

Grasshopper -- have you ever read a poem called something like "Roppassegar"? You might like it.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Actually, I sleep better during the rainy season... :o

For what it's worth, my home was built as a "1999 model home", and does not have a built-in safe room.

Grasshopper -- have you ever read a poem called something like "Roppassegar"? You might like it.

I'll have to look it up.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Just received my Pitts biplane from Tom. Shipped super fast, and packed better than anything I have ever recvd. Lots of paper padding, everyingthing in bubblewrap, labelled for even a dummy like me to understand. Just an all-around perfect experience.

What a top-notch guy!
i second that i purchased a 260 from tom earlier this spring and was very satisfied came in the mail better than anything i had bought since getting into the hobby last year thanks again tom and i might add it is my favorite flyer right now here is a video i took yesterday from the cockpit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjG_jd6HnBE