Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Maiden Flight(s)

Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 AM
matiac
What, me worry?

Default Maiden Flight(s)

My Son has the P.Z. U.M. Spitfire MK IX, and I've got the P.Z. U.M. Corsair, and today was the day we maidened them both, our first experience with Parkzone stuff, and for Micro airplanes, they both flew well! Granted the Spitfire has that AS3X rig, but the Corsair held it's own pretty well, obviously being knocked around by the wind a little more, both did rolls with ease, loops, inverted flight (my first attempt with ANY plane) did it all very well! On high rates both planes were very responsive, but not "twitchy" like I expected them to be, not at all, very well mannered! I'd heard of some folks having C.G. issues with the Corsair (tailheavy), mine is right on the money at 28mm and a tad nose heavy with the battery all the way forward, and no bad tendencies at all, rolls were level, just a great little plane to fly, both of them! Now I want the P40 they've got out now to round out the micro Warbird collection, and they'd all be Parkzone!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

The Parkzone Micros are fun planes. Congrats on the crash free maidens!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 PM
matiac
What, me worry?

Thanky! Yup went to do a roll with the Corsair, and held it inverted, discovered I COULD, and even without the AS3X it did pretty good in the breeze that was happening, and didn't have to give it too much down-elevator to keep it level while it was upside down, and it looked like a Corsair, I LOVE that little plane, as well as my Son's Spitfire, we traded off for a few flights, and a good time was had by all! Now I got the fever to try out my 750mm FMS P47 with the Orange 3 Axis set up I've yet to fly (been waiting for some warmer stuff to fly in), and it's looking like today's going to be picture perfect! GOD I love this hobby!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

It is a great hobby! The Micro Stang and Spit are hoots to fly. Even in mildly windy conditions they handle well.