General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

FMA Direct only in Singapore?

Old 01-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Zocane
Is A Puzzlement!

Default FMA Direct only in Singapore?

Just bought a Cell Pro 10s and some accoutrements. The shipping killed me. I just found out they ship from Singapore. Hello??? Really? It's too late now, I pressed the 'complete order' button. But can you get FMA direct from other places than Singapore (i.e. North America) so the shipping isn't killer?
And then a related issue that I didn't even think to check until I'm writing this - is the voltage and the wattage aligned for US use?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

There is a FMA Direct Support forum here on WattFlyer.

In it there is this sticky about the move to Singapore:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56973

As far as I can tell, that is the only place you can get most of the FMA Direct products. Some of the small connectors and adapters can be bought via FMA US.

I'd post your comments in their support forum. I bought a Multi-4 when they were still shipping out of the US. I'm kind of disappointed in the switch as well. I really like the Multi-4 I have, but I'm not sure if I'd buy from them again becuase of this switch.

Steve
Old 01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

I just bought a pair of floats from HobbyKing in Hong Kong. Got'em within a week!

You might be suprised at how fast the CellPro gets here.

Either way, for years you WILL be pleased with it's performance.

...The Bum
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Zocane View Post
Just bought a Cell Pro 10s and some accoutrements. The shipping killed me. I just found out they ship from Singapore. Hello??? Really? It's too late now, I pressed the 'complete order' button. But can you get FMA direct from other places than Singapore (i.e. North America) so the shipping isn't killer?
And then a related issue that I didn't even think to check until I'm writing this - is the voltage and the wattage aligned for US use?
How so, as in time or price for shipping?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Azarr
Electric Junkie

Progressiverc.com carries all the FMA chargers and extensions/adaptors. I ordered from them for the first Time and was happy with their service and quick shipping.

FWIW, I was going to order a parallel adaptor from Singapore and the shipping was almost $15 for something that fits in an envelope. I really like the FMA products but their business practices are lousy. At the NEAT fair this year they were selling the charger adaptors for $2 MORE than on their web site. When I questioned it, the answer I got was "yes, but you don't have to pay shipping"

Azarr