Texas Area Clubs?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
  #26  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Where exactly is Bryan? How far are you away from Killeen (Ft. Hood)?
Bryan-College Station 1-1.5 hrs?
texasclouds is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
  #27  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
Bryan-College Station 1-1.5 hrs?
Wow...not bad at all. I usually drive down to Fredericksburg to fly with Capt Easy and Groundrushesup. That's only a two hour drive for me. We're gonna have to link up sometime and do some flying!

Mike
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 09:19 PM
  #28  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Wow...not bad at all. I usually drive down to Fredericksburg to fly with Capt Easy and Groundrushesup. That's only a two hour drive for me. We're gonna have to link up sometime and do some flying!

Mike
sounds good. i'm ~6 months into rc planes at this point. i'd like to go to some of the local anual events this spring to see what the big boys are doing (i'm only flying parkflyers at this point).

january i'll be hitting my mountain models cub kit build, and i think santa is bringing me an e-flite p-40 300. i really like being able to hit the sky at a park or any available open spot.
texasclouds is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
  #29  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

LOL...I was just looking at the E-Flite P-40 on Horizon's site. Not bad for $99.99! Something that doesn't cost much at all to get into the air, and extra batteries would cost next to nothing! I think I might pick one up, lol. Can definitely fly her almost anywhere.
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 PM
  #30  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
LOL...I was just looking at the E-Flite P-40 on Horizon's site. Not bad for $99.99! Something that doesn't cost much at all to get into the air, and extra batteries would cost next to nothing! I think I might pick one up, lol. Can definitely fly her almost anywhere.
i'll let you know how it goes. i'll post a video too.
texasclouds is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 11:06 PM
  #31  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

Nice...sounds good. Good luck friend.

Mike
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM
  #32  
Slowjohn
Passed on
 
Slowjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mid Coastal TX.
Posts: 2,100
Default

There's several of us who fly down here in Palacios. There's clubs 30 miles or so either side of us but from what I've heard they're mostly Glow & Gas powered believing that electrics are only for flying indoors
One of these days...

Our main flying field is a tree free 100 acre site that only has a couple of light poles around the smallish parking lot that we use to take-off from.

BTW, if'n ya gots a floatplane, a boat or two...or both,
Come on down,
Tres Palacios Bay/Matagorda Bay is only a 1/4 mile away

Standing By,
SJ
Slowjohn is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 04:32 PM
  #33  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
There's several of us who fly down here in Palacios. There's clubs 30 miles or so either side of us but from what I've heard they're mostly Glow & Gas powered believing that electrics are only for flying indoors
One of these days...

Our main flying field is a tree free 100 acre site that only has a couple of light poles around the smallish parking lot that we use to take-off from.

BTW, if'n ya gots a floatplane, a boat or two...or both,
Come on down,
Tres Palacios Bay/Matagorda Bay is only a 1/4 mile away

Standing By,
SJ
LOL...I pick up my bass boat at the end of January. I might have to take you up on that, lol.
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
  #34  
Slowjohn
Passed on
 
Slowjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mid Coastal TX.
Posts: 2,100
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
LOL...I pick up my bass boat at the end of January. I might have to take you up on that, lol.
I'm almost always ready to go jerk some fish lips

Standing By,
SJ
Slowjohn is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
  #35  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
I'm almost always ready to go jerk some fish lips

Standing By,
SJ
Same here, lol. I was actually out at the lake this morning, but the wind was brutal. Caught one bass in about 5-6 ft of water at about 10 yards off the bank...that was about it though, lol.
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
  #36  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Same here, lol. I was actually out at the lake this morning, but the wind was brutal. Caught one bass in about 5-6 ft of water at about 10 yards off the bank...that was about it though, lol.
good thing you had the boat...

the p-40 300 from e-flight has been flying great. it will fit in any car. 8 minutes is about the longest i've gotten out of her per charge...using stock equipment. this is running hard 3/4 - full throttle stuff. launching/landing is easy too.


texasclouds is offline  
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
  #37  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

That's awesome friend, congrads!! Any chance to make a video yet?

Mike
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
  #38  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
That's awesome friend, congrads!! Any chance to make a video yet?

Mike
no video yet, but i'll drag the wife out to get one

luckely, it comes with a prop/nose-cone spare for those idots that don't check aileron servo direction prior to maiden that results in a nose dive back to earth ...if that happened to me i'd be pleased to find the foam fuselage can take a licken and keep on ticken
texasclouds is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
  #39  
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor
 
Angler-Hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft Hood, Tx
Posts: 4,137
Default

Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
no video yet, but i'll drag the wife out to get one

luckely, it comes with a prop/nose-cone spare for those idots that don't check aileron servo direction prior to maiden that results in a nose dive back to earth ...if that happened to me i'd be pleased to find the foam fuselage can take a licken and keep on ticken
Well it's good to know she's a solid bird. I know what you mean about dragging the wife out for some video. Been there several times, lol.
Angler-Hi is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 AM
  #40  
meduren
I ain't got it!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas, USA
Posts: 43
Default

Georgetown (just north and way to the right of Austin) Texas here, GAMA club
meduren is offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 04:26 AM
  #41  
Cwpowell
Member
 
Cwpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cypress Tx
Posts: 31
Default

Howdy from Cypress N/W Houston.
Cwpowell is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
  #42  
nytestalker
Member
 
nytestalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 71
Default

If you're from El Paso, TX or Las Cruces NM
Check this site out.
http://desertratsrcclub.ning.com/
nytestalker is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
  #43  
Merritt
Member
 
Merritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 69
Default

Texas folks unite!!
Merritt is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 AM
  #44  
Merritt
Member
 
Merritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 69
Default

Round Rock Texas Aeronuts are here!
Merritt is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
  #45  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

For my fellow Texans...if you like Clancy Aviation...here are a couple Big Bee build threads you may want to checkout on rcgroups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279471

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=big+f+n+bee

Mine (Bryan, TX) is the 60" size and Click the Pirate (Grand Prairie, TX) is doing the 120"
texasclouds is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM
  #46  
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane
 
Cdr. Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Default

Houston in the House!!
Cdr. Instigator is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
  #47  
DanWard
Member
 
DanWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Posts: 180
Default Deer Park on the east side of Houston

Deer Park reporting in
DanWard is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 04:59 AM
  #48  
RonR214
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 72
Default

Another Dallas check in here. DEAF RC, we fly at Eastfield Community College. See www.deaf-rc.org for map to the site. Will also find info for 2 Dallas Rec Center indoor sites.

Ron

Last edited by RonR214; 12-20-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: fix web address
RonR214 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:40 PM
  #49  
Arkitexas
Lone Star Flyer
 
Arkitexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 117
Default

Bryan, Texas

I fly small to medium electrics at the TAMU polo/soccer field, the Riverside Campus, various city parks (if unpopulated), and around my yard.

Rick
Arkitexas is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 AM
  #50  
texasclouds
Super Contributor
 
texasclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Arkitexas View Post
Bryan, Texas

I fly small to medium electrics at the TAMU polo/soccer field, the Riverside Campus, various city parks (if unpopulated), and around my yard.

Rick
You Need to come fly with us in wixon Valley just 10 min from Bryan. Flybvrc.org
texasclouds is offline  

Quick Reply: Texas Area Clubs?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16568 seconds with 15 queries