General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

orlando ezone for electrics

Old 07-27-2005, 08:44 PM
taekwondo

Default orlando ezone for electrics

OK. My name is Henry and I am in the orlando area. I fly strictly electric planes, e.g. estarter, slowstick, cap 232, sig rascal. Anyone else fly electric in Orlando?:o
Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Got me right here - I bounce between Orlando and Austin, TX due to my job but am back in Florida right now.

Currently flying all GWS kits - E-Starter, Formosa, PT-17, and Beaver.

My name is Anthony, BTW.

===============================

Henry - where are you flying mostly right now? I have been trying to get more people to check out the Sanford field on SR46 but would also like to go flying some other places in the North Orlando area. I have a home near Longwood next to alaqua lakes.

Everyone says Timber Creek is great, but is so far for me.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:39 PM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Default Hi, I am Carlos....

Hello everyone....

My name is Carlos and I have an addiction problem with R/C Electric Models

I have just too many dang models to list and keep finding all kinds of motors, servos etc..however, I most recently fly GWS Formosa, Herr Engineering mini-Sport (Fast little devil), Hobbico Super Star EP, Great Planes Super Sportster EP, World Models Sky Raider Mach-II glow-to-Electric conversion, World Models Rambler EP and the J3 Cub Full 48 inch wing span version. I have other models that are resting on the wall such as two GWS P-51D, ZERO, Alpha Models P-47D Thunder Bolt, another "new" Super Sportster EP in the box, "new" Hobby Lobby Adrelain, Wattage PITTs Special, Sky Raider Mach-I glow of 64 inch wing span, 48 inch wing span Mega Powered Combat Wing ....and ....and....much much more!

So, you see....I have a problem
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Welcome Carlos! Noticed you mentioned a Wattage Pitts? Saw that advertised and it looks wonderful! Have you flown it yet?

Well - you may see more about this in another thread here, but I decided that I am going to buy a Stevensaero kit to put the Himax outrunner in that Brad fixed for me.

I originally decided finally on the G-Ride, but now someone recommended to me that the Stella might be a better choice. Opinions?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:12 PM
MattVernon

Default Hello

Hi!

I am Matt - I am a reformed Texan as well. I fly sporadically, but I love it when I can. Look forward to meeting you Nitro. See all of you soon.

Matt Vernon
Old 07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Welcome Matt. We gotta get ya out flying this week then, huh?

Where in TX?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:57 AM
SaiBot

Just Checking in...

Going Incognito for this one. I have almost all friday off, Anyone up for some flying?

Later,
SB

PS....Watts Rule, Glows Drool
Old 07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

I have nothing going on Friday right after work and will be heading out to Merrit Island that evening. So....TC would work for me since it's on my way. Anyone?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Did anyone decide as to wether or not we are flying at TC on Friday?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:02 AM
SaiBot

I will probably fly at a field near TCHS around 1pm or 2pm. need some more room for the faster planes. I'll know more tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Great - keep us informed - Im game for TCHS as long as its somewhat early in the evening.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 AM
SaiBot

It looks like i won't be able to fly after 5pm, but ed might be able to
Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Well Keep in touch - I work till 5pm today, so I cant get there to early.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Red Scholefield
Batteries/Chargers

[QUOTE}
Henry - where are you flying mostly right now? I have been trying to get more people to check out the Sanford field on SR46 but would also like to go flying some other places in the North Orlando area. I have a home near Longwood next to alaqua lakes.

Everyone says Timber Creek is great, but is so far for me.[/QUOTE]

The Sanford Field a my favorite whenever we visit the kids in Lake Msary (Orlando). Nice friendly bunch and some electric flyers.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Red - We will have to meet up the next time you are up here. Electrics have really took off at that field now on the weekends. Usually, on Sunday, you will find about 5-10 people there with electrics and another 5 or so with glow planes.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Red Scholefield
Batteries/Chargers

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Reformed Nitroaddict
Red - We will have to meet up the next time you are up here. Electrics have really took off at that field now on the weekends. Usually, on Sunday, you will find about 5-10 people there with electrics and another 5 or so with glow planes.
Same as at our field [Flying Gators MAC]. Most of the flying is done by electrics - most of the setting and talking is done by the glo flyers because it's too hot now to set up wet planes. Electrics - from the car to the flight line and into the air. It appears to be the way to go for a lot of us.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:56 PM
SaiBot

Originally Posted by Red Scholefield
..... Electrics - from the car to the flight line and into the air. It appears to be the way to go for a lot of us.
That's why I fly the electrics The simplicity of setup is great, no motor break in to worry about, just plug it in and go.

I do want to try out that sanford field, either saturday or sunday morning.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Saibot - I have some things to do Saturday morning, but am free either Saturday during the day, or Sunday later morning after church around 10am. Any of those work for you?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM
SaiBot

I got to check with the wife, She wants to do some house stuff on saturday(buy new kitchen faucets) so that may take a while. It looks like sunday late morning will probably be best for me, but that could change depending on the wife. I was thinking of heading to trotters park on sunday, to fly with the boys who don't have AMA, but we'll see.

But i will be out of town from tuesday thru friday of next week so i want to get some flying in.

Last edited by SaiBot; 07-29-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Saibot - keep in mind while some individuals have brought up AMA regarding the Sanford field, it is currently unregulated. After over 20-30 visits, not one person has ever spoken about, asked about, or brought up anything about AMA requirements or club requirements to fly there.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:06 PM
SaiBot

interesting.

Well it looks like i won't be able to fly today, they just finished installing the kitchen cabinets and i still have lots to do.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

That's okay - It's starting to look nasty over here anyways. Should we plan on Sunday late morning then?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Well - Went to the Sanford field on Sunday and had no problems of any kind, Had the Formosa up several times and no one made any comments other than about how much they liked the plane. Not sure what the member at RCG was rambling about, but it's obvious that the club is perfectly welcoming anyone who wants to come down. Also, on weekdays, no one has been there ever when I go, so thats another option.

Anyone flying today, Tuesday? I'm game if you are.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Tom Korn

I live in Casselberry and fly electrics only. Finding a field has always been a problem. Where on 46 is the field?
Old 08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

akorn - we fly at several places - and had an awesome day at Trotters Park on Sunday. About 10 of us showed up and we flew for over 3hrs!

We fly at Trotters Park on Sunday Mornings, which is on the corner of Lee Rd and SR 441. We fly at the Sanford field almost every Saturday morning, plus several weekday evenings. I will probably be at Sanford this evening if you want to go!

The Sanford field is on SR46, about 5miles west of I-4.

Go past Bill Heard Chevy, and keep going until the road turns to 2 lanes. About 2miles after that, you will see a turn off on the right for the Seminole County Water Reclamation Plant. Immediately after that is another smaller dirt road, with a a large white sign that reads - Central Florida Sport Flyers.

Simply follow that road till it ends at the field!

Quick Reply: orlando ezone for electrics

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13038 seconds with 14 queries