General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

What's your newest Plane?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Just ordered this as I have the right motor, ESC and servos sitting on my bench looking for a slave. Should perform real well at that weight and I have a EagleTree Gyro for it too. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Not fussed on the colour but I'm sure I can make it look more presentable. I am not 'into' 3D, just want a fun plane.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rreid7 View Post
I just finished up the build and electric conversion of a Great Planes Super Decathlon 40 kit that I bought third hand from a flying buddy. Photos and details may be found here:
http://www.rcfliteline.com/finishing...nes-decathlon/

I was hoping for a maiden flight today, but the forecast for a warm if cloudy day turned out to totally wrong. Socked in with cold drippy fog all day. Oh well, better days will come.
Nice one Ron, Have you flown it yet? I noticed your servos. I have 4 HiTec 325HBs that I bought in 2006 and haven't used them yet. Gotta get something like that myself to put them in.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
rreid7

Panther - Thank you. No, I haven't had a chance to fly the Decathlon yet. The weather here hasn't been good enough to fly anything the past couple of weeks, much less a maiden. Looking forward to it though.

I'm so used to using the sub-micro servos that those 325HBs seem huge! I have metal geared Emax ES-08MAs out in the wings.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM
KillerChaos

Great Planes Sequence F3A 50" pattern ship with Rimfire .32 motor. I've been flying it for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. It is my best flying pattern airplane to date.

Killer Chaos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sequence1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	165846  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Another winner from Parkzone, Archer. Very compact rides right in the passenger seat next to me. Cold but doesn't hold off my maidens, here's my flight, takes abuse on a blown landing, will be a fun flyer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrj5...e_gdata_player
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM
RobinA

My newest is a Flyzone Sensei.What a great plane,well made and an easy flyer.

Robin
Old 01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

I've flown the Sensei agree a fun flyer.

Recently flying the Parkzone Archer, attractive detail, compact even fits in the passenger seat. Withstood my terrible maiden landing, but took off and relanded with an except able 2nd try, temp near zero tuff on the hands but worth it for this new entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrj5...e_gdata_player
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by phillipmorris View Post
I've flown the Sensei agree a fun flyer.

Recently flying the Parkzone Archer, attractive detail, compact even fits in the passenger seat. Withstood my terrible maiden landing, but took off and relanded with an except able 2nd try, temp near zero tuff on the hands but worth it for this new entry.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrj5Pq65wY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]
Your elev looks a little swisted but still a nice flight. joe
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 AM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

You have a good eye, it's not level just needs touch of shim work. Still is a nice flyer I like it indeed.

But also just ordered the Flyzone Acro-Wot, shows an easy landing here but other videos show it's not that easy on touchdowns still should be a hoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rYnG...e_gdata_player
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Barrymartin

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
I just started on this one... Had it a while but just now getting around to it...
Wow that looking awesome, how much the width and the height of this plane ??
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
tarheal63

I just picked up a used PZ Stinson for $50 from a good friend. It is stock, I just need to get a rx for it, he even threw in a 2200 battery. Pretty bird, some ouchies, but nothing too extreme.

Name:	stinson.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	167256  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

For a nice, scale, Sunday drive, this is one smooth flying twin. Love it. The Dynam Grand Crusier Cessna 310 w/ custom Callie graphics. Sky King and Penny's plane:

Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by KillerChaos View Post
Great Planes Sequence F3A 50" pattern ship with Rimfire .32 motor. I've been flying it for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. It is my best flying pattern airplane to date.

Killer Chaos
Killer,

That's one nice looking pattern ship ! Great reviews on that bird.

-Hawk
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
BroncoSquid
Workin on it...

UMX Gee Bee R-2
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Bronc,

As Fred said to Wilma: " Yabba Dabba Doo ! " Love the Gee Bee ensamble
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Default New "Old Plane"

Back about 15 years ago I built what's called a KA Rebel model, that was flown with one of those speed 400 motors. It flew well, but was put aside for years.

Now, it was outfitted with a "www.GoBrushless.com" motor, an 8-6 APC-E prop, a two cell 900 Mah 25C Lipo and an 18 Amp CC ESC. Got to get my metal lathe going, and turn up a small spinner for the prop. Gobrushless back 12 years ago could supply the mechanical parts for a brushless motor. You had to press the thing together, had to wind the copper wire, wire it up, glue in the magnets, everything. Now, you can buy a comparable motor for 1/3 the cost of the Gobrushless motor parts!

This combo turns the 8-6 prop at 8000 RPM, with enough pull to yank the model right out of my hands.

The model specs are 32 inch wingspan, 220 square inches, 13 ounces ready to fly. It's going into the air, soon as we get somewhat warmer weather, and no wind.

Name:	KA Rebel II - WF.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	167267   Click image for larger version

Name:	KA Rebel I - WF.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	167268  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 AM
Leadchucker
Curmudgeon

3.6 meter Pulsar, the 3.3 metre was lonely

Name:	propuslar4441.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	167270  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM
50+AirYears
Super Contributor

Walking through a Wallymart last Friday, I spotted what seemed to be a decent deal. A small helli called the Interceptor. Coax rotor, 3 channels, gyro. Supposed to be flyable outside in calm weather or indoors. Less than $50, so I figured I'd give it a try. Got a couple flights inside so far. Seems very stable and responsive. Waiting for a calm, dry day to try it outside. Only problem for me is the charger is for a dual USB port, not very accesible at the field, so I bought a dual USB adapter for my car's cigar lighter.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 PM
dgholmes59

Default Hobby King Deamon 2000

I am just getting into gliders. Decided to get this for Christmas and just finished it the other day and maidened it last Sunday.

Deamon 2000 from HobbyKing running a 910w 2100kv edf motor using 2200mah 3S battery. It has a fiberglass fuselage with built up covered wood wings and tail. 2 meter wing span, Carbon fiber canopy with CF wing joiner rod. I also installed a CF folding 10x6 prop.

Will hang beautifully in the breeze and super fast when I open up the motor. But will drain the battery pretty fast. I was totally amazed how a real glider wants to stay aloft. Every small thermal will send her up. I can't wait to get a good day to see how long she can stay aloft without the motor.

Haven't had a chance to fly much, but so far, Pros: Takes off out of your hand effortlessly, flies like it weighs nothing, climbs vertically unlimited in seconds, once aloft kill the motor and the plane stays there flying back and forth across the airfield climbing on every little thermal, probably the fastest plane I own with this motor (might should have used a smaller one), flew 12 minutes at 1/4 throttle in 15mph wind. The build quality of this plane far exceeded my expectations for a HK plane at that price. It is similar to the raptor 2000 which is more expensive.

The cons to this sleek glider is there is very little room on the inside for servos, receiver, ESC and battery. The clevis and pushrods with the plane are not that great. I used better stuff. Also, the fuselage and wings make it harder to see when it gets up there.

Great flyer!! I definitely recommend this plane. At just over $100, quite a bargain in my opinion. But only a few servos will fit inside. The best fit is probably the Futaba 3114. I used the HK digitals and had to cut the mounting plate and reglue it at an angle to get them to fit.

Definitely recommend this plane. I may have to get another in case they quit selling it.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM
CrimzonRider
Fastest PropHead Crasher

Originally Posted by dgholmes59 View Post
I am just getting into gliders. Decided to get this for Christmas and just finished it the other day and maidened it last Sunday.

Deamon 2000 from HobbyKing running a 910w 2100kv edf motor using 2200mah 3S battery. It has a fiberglass fuselage with built up covered wood wings and tail. 2 meter wing span, Carbon fiber canopy with CF wing joiner rod. I also installed a CF folding 10x6 prop.

Will hang beautifully in the breeze and super fast when I open up the motor. But will drain the battery pretty fast. I was totally amazed how a real glider wants to stay aloft. Every small thermal will send her up. I can't wait to get a good day to see how long she can stay aloft without the motor.

Haven't had a chance to fly much, but so far, Pros: Takes off out of your hand effortlessly, flies like it weighs nothing, climbs vertically unlimited in seconds, once aloft kill the motor and the plane stays there flying back and forth across the airfield climbing on every little thermal, probably the fastest plane I own with this motor (might should have used a smaller one), flew 12 minutes at 1/4 throttle in 15mph wind. The build quality of this plane far exceeded my expectations for a HK plane at that price. It is similar to the raptor 2000 which is more expensive.

The cons to this sleek glider is there is very little room on the inside for servos, receiver, ESC and battery. The clevis and pushrods with the plane are not that great. I used better stuff. Also, the fuselage and wings make it harder to see when it gets up there.

Great flyer!! I definitely recommend this plane. At just over $100, quite a bargain in my opinion. But only a few servos will fit inside. The best fit is probably the Futaba 3114. I used the HK digitals and had to cut the mounting plate and reglue it at an angle to get them to fit.

Definitely recommend this plane. I may have to get another in case they quit selling it.

WoW Looks Very Nice....You have any flight vids? Im looking at plane right now Tight fits of course are to be expected, but no problems getting 2200 3s battery in and out?

thx
cr
Old 03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
dheaton

That plane looks exactly like my Alto sailplane.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Very Nice bird indeed. I also think the dog in the background is thinking the same thing.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
CrimzonRider
Fastest PropHead Crasher

lol @ Fish!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507043

found the R2 Raptor 2000, looks pretty similar @ r2 hobbies....

cr
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Pilot Error
Phi Crasha Planea

My UMX Sbach and my Visionaire are my two new ones. I just rebuilt my slo-stick varient, so it's new to me as well lol!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
road king 97
old hat

Iam still desighning my second canard plane but iam getting close to a test fly. joe

Name:	das canard 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	167287   Click image for larger version

Name:	das canard 2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	167288   Click image for larger version

Name:	das canard 3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	167289   Click image for larger version

Name:	canard stick pilot.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	167290  

Quick Reply: What's your newest Plane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12513 seconds with 22 queries