Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Reload this Page >

Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Old 03-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Welcome to Wattflyer, Speedamigo. Glad you joined us here.

That was a great video piece. Looking forward to seeing the Catalina.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Jools

Default My view...

Looking forward to being involved here. Hopefully I'm now getting back into flying after some years 'off'.

I started out many years ago slope soaring, and more recently (like most slopers I'd guess), electrics.
Flying my own designs, mainly my Tacho 'nosecone' jobbie which I produce in various configurations, from F3F, through thermal, slope aerobatic, to electric.

That's my 'next door' paddock, (Greendale, Victoria, Australia).
(I know... I could live in the suburbs, but, well, I'll have to put up with this).

Jools
Old 03-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Citabria32Yankee
Citabria32Yankee

Welcome, Jool’s.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:20 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

@Jools,

Welcome. Nice to see another glider guider on the forum.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Welcome to Wattflyer, Jools. Glad to have another member from Australia. That paddock next door to you looks like a great place to fly anything. I live in the country but my place does not look like that.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Ivan Erasmus

I read up on what a UBEC is and found out on this site what I needed to know. Because I have SO much to learn I believe this is the spot for me !1 Thanks for accepting me.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome Ivan!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Glad to have you here, Ivan. There is a wealth of information in the forums and a wealth of information in the heads of the members. Just ask for help if you need it.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:34 PM
borg187

Default Hey people, thought I'd give a little background about myself.

I started with glow fuel RC planes in 2003 when I also joined Fresno Radio Modelers Club. Then started with electric pusher prop jets from RCPOWERS in 2015. Then micro drones just recently. I'm glad to have found this forum. Thank you for your time Julio.
PS I'm still noobish like with drones, due to little amount of stick time I have.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome to WF Borg!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:46 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Glad to have you at WattFlyer, Borg.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:39 PM
adkbiker

Default New Member Hello!

Hi,
Getting back into RC after many years. I have some glow planes I'd like to convert to electric and need to figure out what to do about radio equipment. My last radio was a Futaba 8UAP. I'm studying the "Everything you wanted to know..." section; thank you so much for that. If anyone flies or knows of a club near Tupper Lake, NY please let me know.
Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Welcome to Wattflyer, Michael. You are looking at the correct section for a start. There are those on here who can help with the conversions from glow to electric. It is just determining what motor-battery combo will work for a given plane. Unfortunately, I am not one of those who can help with that. Keep posting and someone will respond.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:20 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Michael Welcome to Wattflyers If your going to use your Futaba Radio on 72 MHz, only use Berg or Hitec Receivers, other 72 MHz receivers dont have the RF filtering to use on electric power systems, your Futaba radio from what I understand can be converted to 2.4 MHz check with Futaba, dont use Park Flier cheapy 2.4 receivers, only use full range receivers to prevent a Brown out on 2.4. Berg 72 MHZ receivers are out of production but can be found on EBay

Give us some info on the glow planes and engine you have and we can get you a Power system to go with it, I always like to use a 1 to 1 power ratio on my planes and some times a 2 to 1 power system MORE POWER you can always cut back on your throttle I have a plane that will take off in less than 5 feet on the ground with a 2 to 1 power ratio LOL
Old 01-08-2020, 01:29 PM
adkbiker

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Michael Welcome to Wattflyers If your going to use your Futaba Radio on 72 MHz, only use Berg or Hitec Receivers, other 72 MHz receivers dont have the RF filtering to use on electric power systems, your Futaba radio from what I understand can be converted to 2.4 MHz check with Futaba, dont use Park Flier cheapy 2.4 receivers, only use full range receivers to prevent a Brown out on 2.4. Berg 72 MHZ receivers are out of production but can be found on EBay

Give us some info on the glow planes and engine you have and we can get you a Power system to go with it, I always like to use a 1 to 1 power ratio on my planes and some times a 2 to 1 power system MORE POWER you can always cut back on your throttle I have a plane that will take off in less than 5 feet on the ground with a 2 to 1 power ratio LOL
Thanks for the info Chellie. Futaba makes a 2.4Ghz conversion module but it seems to make more sense to put that money toward a new radio. I've always trusted Futaba but am almost convinced to get an 8 or 9 channel Spectrum. I'm planning on coverting my PT-40 trainer first to get my wings back. I'll post something about that once I do a little more research. Again, thanks!
Old 04-14-2020, 02:42 PM
jromer

Default Sorta newbie

Just getting back in to the RC Plane world. 1991 was my last flight. I bought an Aeroscout to re-introduce myself into the sport. Fun again so far. Hoping to get into FPV on my plane.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Welcome to WattFlyer, jromer and welcome back to the RC world. A lot has changed during your absence but this is the place to catch up on all things electric.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:57 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome back!
Old 04-15-2020, 02:03 AM
jeholliday

Don't know if I qualify as a returnee as I never really got started in electric flight. Since the lockdown have been cleaning planes and running engines, yes engines not motors.. I uncovered a electric RC Air Hogs plane I had gotten for Christmas a few years ago from my Youngest daughter. I opened it up and read the instructions. First off was to charge on plane battery with provided charger and put batteries in the controller. After the stated time for charging I fired it up according to instructions. The motors would stsrt and run for about 15 seconds and shut down. The elevator servo went to full up. after several days of reading the instructions again and trying kept getting same results. Finally went on line and tried to find the plane at Air Hogs. Gave up and decided to look at the innards. Once I cut through all the tape and glue joints I found the on board battery. Tried the controller and the motors ran until the battery ran down and they stopped. About 2 minutes of run time. The servo never did work no matter what I tried even remover the control arm. Since I have charged and depleted the batteries running the motors. Each time they ran a little longer. So my old mind said, "Hey make it control line and fly it in the back yard. So that is what I'm doing with it. More later once I get it flying.

Oh, by the way welcome back to a fantastic hobby/sport to all.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:16 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I think I have three of those I bought cheap and they have been sitting in the box for a few years since we lost our indoor site. I will probably have some problems with them also. They are really fun to fly if they work correctly.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:00 PM
PonyBoy

Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by Reformed Nitroaddict View Post
I just wanted to post and say hello. Changed my SN from Nitroaddict to "Reformed Nitroaddict" since this is an electric forum, and I am now up to four E-flight planes.

Great job Marc, look forward to visiting this site!

im expanding my e flight line up as well!
Old 04-25-2020, 02:36 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome to WF!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:02 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Welcome to WattFlyer, PonyBoy. It is always good to expand your fleet of E-Planes.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Boatdriver
Old Man

Wink Not sure if this is right

Just registered; got an email that said to say hi. Not a computer expert, but certainly want to learn how to fly my new toys. So, hello everyone from a definite NEWBEE.

Quick Reply: Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13933 seconds with 9 queries