Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Flight Simulators
Reload this Page >

ClearView Simulator - USB interface not recognized w/ Century Elite 6

Flight Simulators Discuss computer flight simulators here

ClearView Simulator - USB interface not recognized w/ Century Elite 6

Old 07-04-2009, 07:26 AM
ChopperX

Default ClearView Simulator - USB interface not recognized w/ Century Elite 6

Looking for any help or advice:

I am very new to the radio controlled helicopter game. Recently, I had a friend give me his old century hummingbird to learn on. After crashing several times (with training gear on), buying numerous parts to fix it, and picking up two other hummingbirds as back-ups, I decided there had to be a better way.

I have Windows vista and initially downloaded the free download of FMS. I tried the patch for vista and could not get that work. Next I downloaded ClearView which is working with keypad only.

I have a USB cord (cheap one) that plugs into the pack of the trainer port of my 6 channel transmitter (forgive me if I use the wrong nomenclature - since I am new to the industry). When I intially plugged it in to my computer the computer showed "loading drivers" and said that the "human interface" controller was hooked up.

When I try to change ClearView from keypad controls to my transmitter controls it does not show my transmitter as even being connected. I went to "control panel" on my computer and do not see it listed under "game controllers" either.

My transmitter is a Century Elite 6, FM-PPM. I have spent several hours messing around with this and about to give up and do something else.
I would really like to be able to use the transmitter I attempt to fly with. Any ideas or suggestions out there?

By the way I am no computer guru either so any computer suggestions need to be able to be understood by a second grader (which probably still knows more than me about computers).

Thanks for any and all your help.

DJ

Last edited by ChopperX; 07-04-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Could not ad pics so removing line about pics for them to look at and give me advice