Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight >
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hobby Express discussion Hobby Express Support, information and discussion.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
Flyboone
twitter.com/flyboone

Friends: (1)
Default Message from Hobby Lobby's new owner

Over the course of 43 years, the Hobby Lobby International team has earned their reputation for developing and selling "the best stuff" to the RC hobby community. We are the people you rely on for solid advice, a fair price and technical (sometimes emotional) support after the sale.

As the new owner of Hobby Lobby, I’m often asked “what is it about this business that made you want to buy it?” The answer has a lot to do with the P-51 Mustang my younger brother, Kurt got for his birthday. We each had several line control airplanes at the time, but THIS one flew great -- it was THE BOMB! We flew for countless hours in our empty grade school playground. We would spin in tight circles, then fight over who got to fly last before the gas ran out. When the dizziness wore off, we were excited to rebuild our planes (when we crashed it was always Kurt’s fault – but I don’t think he remembers it that way). We dreamed about cutting the strings and flying free with radio control. Our dad was a private pilot and he loved the radio control stuff too. But like many of you, they just cost too much at that time, so we never did get one.

I followed the controls with my father on countless take-offs and landings. He flew N9755W, a Piper Cherokee 160. I will always remember that amazing dialog between dad and the tower… He wanted us to love the experience of flight. When it was my turn to sit in the co-pilot seat, and on the rare occasion it was a sunny blue sky in Oregon, he would say “take the yoke” and for a brief period of time, I was the pilot of “November, nine, seven, five, five, Whisky”. Later, dad got his IFR rating and he stepped up to a T-tail, turbo charged, Oxygen equipped Piper Lance with variable pitch propeller.. a stallion that flew my family to Disney Land. A few years ago, dad passed away and earned the only wings that really matter... Fast forward to this moment, and at least for me, it all makes sense…

So, I’m the new owner of Hobby Lobby, International and “I don’t know Jack” about radio control. But I’m going to learn to fly. I’ll start with a flight simulator, Aerofly Pro Deluxe http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aerofly_g..._2517_prd1.htm My team (they really do know Jack) confidently pointed me to a Wing Dragon HL http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wing_drag...15020_prd1.htm as the perfect trainer for anyone. Next, I will get my daughters outside, involved in real flight and off that darn Xbox. I look forward to the day when I can fly one of our F/A-18 Jets http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f_a-18_ti...18710_prd1.htm and go from there...

Watching some of our customers fly, I’m amazed by how smooth and effortless these pilots make every maneuver look. I know, with the support of Hobby Lobby and some practice, I can do that too. I can’t wait!

One day soon, I can say “I know Jack” because I personally will share the customer experience and great tradition at Hobby Lobby for world class customer service.

If there is anything we can do to make your experience better, please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] with any questions or suggestions.

Our products are made all over the world, but it’s still important to support your local hobby shop and to buy on the web from American companies like Hobby Lobby International – doing business with people you can count on.

Mark A. Cleveland
Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Friends: (12)

For a moment, I didn't realize this was a quoted message and thought, "Wow, when did Jason take on this endeavor?!"

Big congrats and best of luck to Mark.

What happened to Jay Graves? Seems like he was here and gone again within a pretty short span.

My screenname is PerlAddict, as in Practical Extraction Report Language. Not the shiny little beads that oysters spit out. - Dave
Old 03-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
RWP
Old school.

Friends: (0)
Thumbs up

This is the best hobby on the planet and as far as I can remember Hobby Lobby was responsible for a lot of the electric revolution. Best of luck!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Twmaster

Friends: (13)

Jim Martin and Hobby Lobby were the leading edge on e-flight. I certainly hope Mr. Cleveland continues that lead.

My best wishes to continued success at Hobby-Lobby. Now, Mr. Cleveland....

Get out of that 'bored' room and go fly something....

You guys stock the E-Flite mCX, get an eval unit and fly around you office! You'll thank me!

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Friends: (7)

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Jim Martin and Hobby Lobby were the leading edge on e-flight. I certainly hope Mr. Cleveland continues that lead.

My best wishes to continued success at Hobby-Lobby. Now, Mr. Cleveland....

Get out of that 'bored' room and go fly something....

You guys stock the E-Flite mCX, get an eval unit and fly around you office! You'll thank me!
Ditto
Old 03-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #6
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Club: Silent Electric Fliers of San Diego
Friends: (67)

Welcome to the Forum Flyboone, you'll soon find a lot of friends here (feel free to add myself!) and we all love the hobby.

Hobby Lobby is tops in my book, I'm glad it will bring you as much brand new excitement as it has my father, myself, and my sons.

Thanks for posting, and again, welcome aboard. If there is anything I can do to provide YOU any support, its the least I can do for all the support Hobby Lobby has given me.

Electricity... It's not just for light bulbs anymore.

Hitec Commercial Drone Services

GoProfessional Cases industry grade protection for your gear

Dinogy Lipos professional grade energy

Project Globetrotter Participant 7/09
Wings Across America Participant 6/10
Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #7
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Friends: (329)

Welcome to Wattflyers Mark, I belong to a few forums, But this is My Favorite, For a good Reason, Lots and Lots of Smart, Nice people here, Congrats on being the New Hobby Lobby Owner I buy from you Folks all the time, I just got a great Deal on a Phonex, Castel Creation 110 Amp ESC, I belive it was a open house Sale, or something like that, and I saved $40.00 off of the ESC, Keep Having Sales like that, And let us know when you have them You Know how us Women love a Sale Take care & get into Flying RC, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #8
Twmaster

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
You Know how us Women love a Sale
<snicker>

Mike N

Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
R6_Infantry

Friends: (4)

Glad to see you on board, but why on earth did you leave Oregon? It's sunny all the time here and calm winds(Beaverton), Nashville is pretty cool too but...
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
R6_Infantry

Friends: (4)

Originally Posted by R6_Infantry View Post
Glad to see you on board, but why on earth did you leave Oregon? It's sunny all the time here and calm winds(Beaverton), Nashville is pretty cool too but...
Holy cow, Mark you've got more irons in the business fire than I can think of, I just read your bio online, Im glad you have HL if it's like your past companies it's going to be a even better HL than before.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
Twmaster

Some of you all seem cornfuddled...

Flyboone is Jason Cole. One of the great folks who helps keep H-L as one of the best in customer service. He is passing along a message from the new owner of H-L, Mr. Mark Cleveland.

Now back to your regularly scheduled irreverence....

Mike N

Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #12
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Friends: (329)

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Some of you all seem cornfuddled...

Flyboone is Jason Cole. One of the great folks who helps keep H-L as one of the best in customer service. He is passing along a message from the new owner of H-L, Mr. Mark Cleveland.

Now back to your regularly scheduled irreverence....

Oh, Ok, Got it now, i Think

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #13
Feldkurat Otto

Friends: (0)

========================================
Hello Mark,
I was a H-L customer for 11 years. This year April 17th I purchased an F-5 Swiss Jet using a 80$ coupon. I payed finally about 215$ expecting my toy in about a week. Now guess what - my package was never shipped from Hobby-Lobby. I called your company May 1st, May 8th, May 11, May 12th, talking to a half dozen of personnel including your manager. The box is sitting in your warehouse for more that 3 weeks, and nobody will ship it because of the "accounting software error".
They are talking to me like I owe them something. What a dsimay!

Regards etc.
Doctor Otto
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
Flyboone
twitter.com/flyboone

Friends: (1)

Otto,
First let me apologize. I've been out of the office attending some flying shows and haven't been on these boards as much as I needed to be. The accounting system did give us a run for our money. I've never seen so many people stressed out at once before. I'm sorry your order got mangled in the transition. If if hasn't been resolved yet, please send me an email to [email protected] and I'll make sure we fix you up immediately. Again sorry for the problem. In the long run this system will help us to provide even better service than your used to. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight >