Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

HoneyBee CP2 on FMS Sim

Old 08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
donthirl1

Default HoneyBee CP2 on FMS Sim

Just bought first heli and downloaded FMS. With 6 channel transmitter (Right Rudder) attached by USB lead to my computer, the transmitter controls are all mixed up on sim. Throttle in place of rudder, ailerons in place of throttle etc etc. have tried to adjust this on sim adjustment but no success.

Can anyone help?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:11 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by donthirl1 View Post
Just bought first heli and downloaded FMS. With 6 channel transmitter (Right Rudder) attached by USB lead to my computer, the transmitter controls are all mixed up on sim. Throttle in place of rudder, ailerons in place of throttle etc etc. have tried to adjust this on sim adjustment but no success.

Can anyone help?
2Q

1. What brand USB interface are you using

2. Is there a control panel for setting channel selections and adjusting throws?

Clint
Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM
donthirl1

I'm using a USB two part lead from HongKong named "Mystery" plugged into the Trainer jack of the transmitter. Seems like it's aptly named. I have used the control panel on the FSM drop down menu, selected Joystick, calibrated the controls as recommended. No effect. Have even tried changing the channel numbers to correspond with the actual ones but still no success. Which control panel are you referring to?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

I'm using a USB two part lead from HongKong named "Mystery" plugged into the Trainer jack of the transmitter. Seems like it's aptly named. I have used the control panel on the FSM drop down menu, selected Joystick, calibrated the controls as recommended. No effect. Have even tried changing the channel numbers to correspond with the actual ones but still no success. Which control panel are you referring to?
Not sure if your brand of USB controller has it's own setup panel.

Please post pic of FMS Joystick config.

Q - Have you been able to get transmitter to work with FMS planes?

Clint
Old 08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
donthirl1

By the way,my transmitter/controller is Esky 406. My system works with planes and helis but the functions are mixed up in all cases. I just cannot think of another solution. Maybe it's the lead. It seems peculiar to have a four pin connection from the transmitter then use a jack plug connector before the USB connection to my PC. Thanks for trying anyway. I guess I'll just have to get a full sim kitto get some practic.

All the best, Don
Old 08-17-2008, 10:46 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

By the way,my transmitter/controller is Esky 406. My system works with planes and helis but the functions are mixed up in all cases. I just cannot think of another solution. Maybe it's the lead. It seems peculiar to have a four pin connection from the transmitter then use a jack plug connector before the USB connection to my PC. Thanks for trying anyway. I guess I'll just have to get a full sim kitto get some practic.

All the best, Don
1. Try getting to work with plane before heli
2. If you can calibrate using FMS analog joystick dialog and can see each one of the controls respond on the screen, you should be able to get it to work.

Note: I use FMS with 4 channel ESKY 72 MHZ radio that has analog signal output to connect to sound card mic input. Works like a champ in FMS

Clint