Kawanishi H8K2 "Emily" Flying Boat - Page 5 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Seaplanes E-Powered Discuss electric powered seaplanes here

Kawanishi H8K2 "Emily" Flying Boat

Old 09-14-2013, 02:40 AM
**neons**

Now this is getting my interest stimulated. OK I can post here or PM you both. . Have any of you been to the Charles River Float Flys?? I need info as to what to expect there. Their website leaves a lot to be desired. I have no idea what to expect there and also flying conditions too. I hate to show with a rude awakening.
**Neons** Bob
Old 09-14-2013, 03:51 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Neon I haven't been myself I know a club member that has he said it was nice. I just goggled the lake looks big. https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CHoQtgMwCg

I will be flying at our club Sun. if I see him down there I will ask him about the event and what the flying area is like. If you scroll around on the link you will see a big boat ramp and parking lot with a beach right off of rt30 commonwealth ave. to the right of the Mass Pike.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM
pd1
Still Learning

Bob, I won't be flying anything. I'll go with my wife and camera to take pictures.
If anyone has a flyer for the meet, could they post it here?

Hey John, I could give you the tail for the Kadet if I see you there.

Paul
Old 09-14-2013, 03:32 PM
**neons**

I have to still see more of this lake in Google. I saw the tour on the roadside with the little Google man but not a lot. I had a report from a club flier saying he had problems with the shore wind currents and trees. He landed in a tall tree after 4 flights on the approach. He is a real good flier also. I need a large area and am concerned somewhat. The date is Sat- Sept 25th. There is still another concern as I am also committed to do a show on or near that date for a local Fall Festival at a "Y". I still cannot make a commitment yet to go to Wayland.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:31 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by pd1 View Post
Bob, I won't be flying anything. I'll go with my wife and camera to take pictures.
If anyone has a flyer for the meet, could they post it here?

Hey John, I could give you the tail for the Kadet if I see you there.

Paul
I was going to send you a pm to bring the tail feathers if you go. We will wait and see if Neon can make it.

Neon I hear you on the flying site no need to chance that beautiful build at a unknown flying location.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 AM
**neons**

I finally was able to get my 5th Annual John Nicolaci Float Fly event Mars flight all together. Bits and pieces of video and pictures to compiled and came out good. I have my local "Y" event Saturday and that leaves me Sunday to make the Charles River event.

Now I found out the fellow flyer that went into the tree was distracted by a vision of a mermaid in a bikini that was well built also coming out of the water while he was attempting to go in to the water but struck the tree. . I heard it first hand from another attendee at that Fly In.

Now the forecast is not the best for Sunday as there may be some showers. But so far I can always do a static display while I test the waters with my E-powered Seamaster to get a feel for the site. I would be around maybe noontime weather permitting.

Video of Martin Mars XPB2M-1 2nd flight
https://vimeo.com/74868568
**Neons** Bob
Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I forgot to post back to you about the site. I talked to the club member he has been to that float fly 4 times and he thought it was a very nice site, with no issues for flying large planes.

Keep us posted Neon I hope the weather man is wrong on the rain. Seems when they fore cast bad weather they are usually right.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 AM
**neons**

If it is showers I may still go. So it is not over yet. I'll know by Sat.
**Neons** Bob
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 AM
**neons**

Hello guys,
I decided due to the storm front late clearing that I will not go to the meet. They claim that there will be a calm after the front goes buy and wind pickup later. Somewhere around midday. I am not going to loose sleep tonight wondering what the weather will do by noon. There will be another time I am sure. Regrets,
**Neons** Bob
Old 09-22-2013, 01:03 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Bob the way the weather is shaping up I can't blame you. Hope to one day see your build in person.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:02 AM
pd1
Still Learning

I agree, best to get a relaxing day in.
Thanks for letting us know.
Maybe next time.

Paul