Coota Seaplane review. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Coota Seaplane review.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
dhdsracer

Default Coota Seaplane review.

Hey guys,
Just thought some of you might want to get to see this little seaplane fly. Here is a link to my video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP1Q-V3xhRk[/media]
I got this one from hobbyking but it is a standard art tech model available at a few other locations. Sweet little plane, check it out.

Don
Old 12-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Bellylander

Yup I got one, flying off water makes it a lot easier to find a place to fly. Here's a word of warning if you don't change your prop from the stock 8x6 to an 8x4 you'll burn up your motor. The ArtTech version was designed for 7 cell NiMH and 2s lipos the HobbyKing version is designed to work with 3s lipos only. The stock prop draws 20 amps @ WOT through a 13 amp motor the 8x4 only draws 13amps @ WOT. The 8x6 prop is what the original A/T version used because it was designed to run on lower voltage the copycats at HobbyKing's didn't check their battery upgrade on a wattmeter.

Here's a lengthy discussion about the Coota it starts with a review of the ArtTech version the HobbyKing version is talked about on the last pages of the thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557550