Building First Quadcopter - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Building First Quadcopter

Old 09-03-2015, 04:06 PM
  #1  
XxOoCoBrAoOxX
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
Default Building First Quadcopter

I am an experienced RC pilot, and this will be my first time building a quadcopter. I don't know where to start and I would love for anyone to chime in and give me suggestions on a really good build setup. I will be using my Spectrum DX7.
XxOoCoBrAoOxX is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 PM
  #2  
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance
 
pizzano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 2,316
Default

Originally Posted by XxOoCoBrAoOxX View Post
I am an experienced RC pilot, and this will be my first time building a quadcopter. I don't know where to start and I would love for anyone to chime in and give me suggestions on a really good build setup. I will be using my Spectrum DX7.
Rather than spend a lot of time flipping through posts here or at other "general" RC forums.......I suggest you try a few of these sites to get a better foundation as to what is really involved scratch building a multi-rotor craft.....:

http://www.droneflyers.com/

http://aeroquad.com/content.php?

http://quadcopterforum.com/

http://multirotorforums.com/

http://www.multirotorusa.com/multirotor-resources/

There are good resources at HeliFreak/RunRyder and RC Groups...........but the time you spend filtering through the BS, you'll most likely loose interest or be so confused that frustration will set in and any attempt of digesting it all will end up wasting you lots of money and valuable quality time......
pizzano is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 07:27 PM
  #3  
XxOoCoBrAoOxX
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Rather than spend a lot of time flipping through posts here or at other "general" RC forums.......I suggest you try a few of these sites to get a better foundation as to what is really involved scratch building a multi-rotor craft.....:

http://www.droneflyers.com/

http://aeroquad.com/content.php?

http://quadcopterforum.com/

http://multirotorforums.com/

http://www.multirotorusa.com/multirotor-resources/

There are good resources at HeliFreak/RunRyder and RC Groups...........but the time you spend filtering through the BS, you'll most likely loose interest or be so confused that frustration will set in and any attempt of digesting it all will end up wasting you lots of money and valuable quality time......

Losing interest and being too expensive?

I'm in!
XxOoCoBrAoOxX is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 09:47 PM
  #4  
starcad
Model Designer
 
starcad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 584
Default

Well first start with a good kit and well known equipment. Choose a good reliable flight controller, NAZE32,KK-2, NAZA, Pixhawk. They all have different setups. Decide if your planning on flying LOS or FPV as both are quite different. Are you planning of racing or just going to fly to enjoy the experience.Those are just some of the questions you need to ask yourself.
starcad is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 10:31 PM
  #5  
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,945
Default

+1 to all that starcad said.
an additional resource as what is needed to build a quad I used is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpu0nshqjI0
Fishbonez is offline  
Old 09-04-2015, 03:56 AM
  #6  
XxOoCoBrAoOxX
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by starcad View Post
Well first start with a good kit and well known equipment. Choose a good reliable flight controller, NAZE32,KK-2, NAZA, Pixhawk. They all have different setups. Decide if your planning on flying LOS or FPV as both are quite different. Are you planning of racing or just going to fly to enjoy the experience.Those are just some of the questions you need to ask yourself.

Thank you so much! The video below has helped so much. I'll be back for more questions. In the mean time I will keep researching and searching.

Thanks again!
XxOoCoBrAoOxX is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
old4570
Multi-Rotors
7
10-10-2014 03:24 PM
roflocator
Multi-Rotors
2
09-25-2014 03:21 AM
Stevephoon
General Electric Discussions
65
09-16-2014 12:59 AM
Murocflyer
General Electric Discussions
282
11-04-2012 10:35 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: Building First Quadcopter


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09538 seconds with 13 queries