Deans connectors? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Deans connectors?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Huntermd14

Default Deans connectors?

I would like to change my battery and chargers connections on the super cub to deans which i heard are better. How do i find these deans and what sizes if any do i need. Thanks.

Mike
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

I use the Deans Ultra on ALL my batteries. Your lhs should have them or any of the on-line hobby shops will carry them. It's pretty much a staple.

Just be sure to remember that the female goes on the battery and the male on the esc. Also that the hot (red) wire goes on the thicker part of the plug (the one that is perpenducular to the plug).
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM
trogdor
Electriglo pilot

Deans Ultra are great just make sure you have a hot enough soldering iron so that the joint doesn't tkae more than a second or so to make.. any longer and the plastic starts to melt and then the pins aren't aligned and they're hard to pull apart.

You can plug two together as you solder one to help with this but be really careful you don't short anything with the bare pins sticking out.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Huntermd14

Thanks guys, the plugs that are on the super cub and the batteries are really cheap, sometimes that make contact and sometimes not.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Leo L

Tin the wires and connectors first. Then position the wire and connector together and just a touch of the iron on the connector should melt the solder and join them.

There are some generic connectors that look like Dean Ultras being sold, particularly on e-bay. Although they are much cheaper, they don't work as well and aren't worth the slight savings in cost.