CP Pro Simulator - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

CP Pro Simulator

Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 AM
mike16150

Default CP Pro Simulator

Hi, I searched the forums and found a few options - I have a Real Flight 3.5 and was wondering what the best helicopter to practice with to learn to fly my CP Pro. I was told to use the Heli-Max Axe CP, the Dominion 90 3D and the Dominion 3D models becuase they are similar in flying the CP Pro. Can anyone tell me if the CP Pro is even close? I would like to do a lot of my hovering practice on the flight sim but need to know which model is best. Thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 05:07 AM
xlh1460

ClearView has a model for the CP Pro but not having flown the real thing I have no idea how real it is.

I was able to do things on the sim with that model that I doubt I could do IRL so I am doubtful.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
n2Jesus
Up is a good thing

I own a cp pro, and have Clearview. It is true that I can do more with the simulator, but I think that is because I'm not afraid of crashing the sim. In my opinion it's a good sim for the cp pro, and it only costs $30.

It does have 200 configurable settings for each flight model, so it's pretty customizable.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
HX3D014

Originally Posted by mike16150 View Post
Hi, I searched the forums and found a few options - I have a Real Flight 3.5 and was wondering what the best helicopter to practice with to learn to fly my CP Pro. I was told to use the Heli-Max Axe CP, the Dominion 90 3D and the Dominion 3D models becuase they are similar in flying the CP Pro. Can anyone tell me if the CP Pro is even close? I would like to do a lot of my hovering practice on the flight sim but need to know which model is best. Thanks
Look here any you may find.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=search

Just search for CP Pro

the serch enter text area is on the left colum of the page i have post a link to. down a little.

any sim will help you, if you are a beginner. you may find just siming a heli a help. getting through the orientational problems is common.

later you may want sim different heli. this will get you good at quickly adapting to a new thing. and this is where you will pick up come time to go for real on your CP Pro.

Good luck. and keep it pointed away from you.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
mike16150

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 PM
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

clearview does a great job of heli flight modelling...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
shredder777

I love my clearview sim. Very accurate for the cp pro!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 AM
saber_33
The sky is home.

For the realflight sim I would use the Axe CP because alomost exacly the same thing. The Cp Pro just has more gadgets in real life but they fly the same.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 PM
av8r
...the wind usually blows

Originally Posted by mike16150 View Post
Those are the two I use to practice with for my BCPP. I actually started with the Impala before the Axe CP came out because it was easier than the Dominion, but it's too easy now. Bear in mind that the sim birds hold their tail a lot better and you don't need to work the collective as much as you do on the real thing either.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 AM
HX3D014

Originally Posted by av8r View Post
Those are the two I use to practice with for my BCPP. I actually started with the Impala before the Axe CP came out because it was easier than the Dominion, but it's too easy now. Bear in mind that the sim birds hold their tail a lot better and you don't need to work the collective as much as you do on the real thing either.
just reading your post, i came up with a way I know will allow you to have to work the Colective more in G3.5.044. I think i might also be able to work a way to get the tail to be a little less Invinceable in its mission to HH. Post back if you want to find out. or if i remember. i will post a variant in the Knife Edge Forums Swap Pages. (If i remember) Gotta go back to work now.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:29 AM
av8r

Originally Posted by HX3D014 View Post
just reading your post, i came up with a way I know will allow you to have to work the Colective more in G3.5.044. I think i might also be able to work a way to get the tail to be a little less Invinceable in its mission to HH. Post back if you want to find out. or if i remember. i will post a variant in the Knife Edge Forums Swap Pages. (If i remember) Gotta go back to work now.
Sure! Sounds interesting. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:57 AM
HX3D014

OK . I tryed what i was thinking on the Blade thing to cause colective issues. and well. no noticable effect. I thought it would work because i was playing with a Plane recently and noticed a something that might cause randome lift from the blades. Didnt work..

As for the Gyro. so many settings. To easy to be done. and you can add turbulence on global and Micro level. with gusts and wind direction variations to just about any level. coupled with thermal activities could help a lot to cause random lift.

Apart from that. Try this. Just something else (Since my first failure) i tryed. Kinda works : )
ps i also edited the gyro a little.
if you look at "Electronics" in the editor you will see 3 x "servo mixers" and 3 x "wave generators". they have a random (Almost) effect on colective. Change the time on the Wave generators to you desire. Have a Look
Attached Files
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
av8r

I have played with the wind and turbulence settings before and it does make things a lot more interesting and unpredictable.