RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I have a spectrum radio question

Old 04-15-2015, 02:18 AM
abborgogna

Default I have a spectrum radio question

I have been looking at the bind and fly UMX Pitts S1 from Horizon Hobbies. they say I need a Spectrum channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible transmitter. Well I have two Spectrum but I don't know which one of these is compatible. I currently fly one of them on a HK Orange receiver and the other on an out of production Spectrum receiver that is just for park flying. Anyway I am including a picture of the two transmitters, if anybody can tell me which is DSM2 or DSMX compatible I would greatly appreciate it.
Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Spectrum Xmit.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	180176  
Old 04-15-2015, 02:37 AM
abborgogna

I think I just answered my question. I went and got the HK Orange receiver and it is, according to Hobby King DSM2- or DSMX compatible. So all I need to do is see which transmitter is bound to the Orange receiver. It should work with the UMX Pitts S1.

By the way if you have not seen this little plane fly you are missing a real treat. It has on board stabilization that really works, the plane is rock solid even in wind, it performs like the real thing and is just plain fun to fly. I think I will be getting my own very soon.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:39 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Well, the Dx6 on the left I have no idea, but I hate to be Captain Obvious, the Dx5e on the right says dsmx right on the front, straight down from the right hand stick.

Edit: You answered yourself while I was typing! Fun little plane!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

The DX6 wont work because it's the old DSM protocol. As already stated the DX5e will work fine.